[libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

[libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

What are advantages over current pootle version?

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 11.2.2014 9:00, Khaled Hosny je napisao:

> Hi all,
>
> We are in the process of upgrading our Pootle installation to the latest
> version, and we have done a test upgrade to catch any issue before going
> live. The test server can be accessed here:
>
>    https://translations-test.documentfoundation.org
>
> Please note that this is a test server, any work you do there will be
> *lost*, so only use it to test and report any issues you found, not for
> actual translation work.
>
> If no issues are reported, we will proceed with upgrading the live
> server next week, so please report any issues you find ASAP.
>
> Happy translating.

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

You'll probably find my comment quite funny but it doesn't work well on IE8

This is the only browser installed on this computer (not mine) so if anyone
is using IE8 for translation it might be problematic.
 Yaron Shahrabani

<Hebrew translator>

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Mihovil Stanic
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> What are advantages over current pootle version?
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> Dana 11.2.2014 9:00, Khaled Hosny je napisao:
>
> Hi all,
>>
>> We are in the process of upgrading our Pootle installation to the latest
>> version, and we have done a test upgrade to catch any issue before going
>> live. The test server can be accessed here:
>>
>>    https://translations-test.documentfoundation.org
>>
>> Please note that this is a test server, any work you do there will be
>> *lost*, so only use it to test and report any issues you found, not for
>> actual translation work.
>>
>> If no issues are reported, we will proceed with upgrading the live
>> server next week, so please report any issues you find ASAP.
>>
>> Happy translating.

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

Hi Khaled

Em 11-02-2014 06:00, Khaled Hosny escreveu:

> Hi all,
>
> We are in the process of upgrading our Pootle installation to the latest
> version, and we have done a test upgrade to catch any issue before going
> live. The test server can be accessed here:
>
>   https://translations-test.documentfoundation.org
>
> Please note that this is a test server, any work you do there will be
> *lost*, so only use it to test and report any issues you found, not for
> actual translation work.
>
> If no issues are reported, we will proceed with upgrading the live
> server next week, so please report any issues you find ASAP.
>
> Happy translating.

Thanks for the work on Pootle new release.

I'll appreciate a feature we had long time ago and vanished in the
recent releases: Since I am a pt-BR translator, I will appreciate to be
sent directly to the pt-BR project once I log in. Today I am sent to the
page will all languages and I must scroll down to click in pt-BR link.

I also miss, when inside a project tree, a link to the pt-BR projects
root. If I have a link there I can jump more easily between the UI and
Help projects.

Thank you
--
Olivier Hallot
Comunidade LibreOffice

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

+1

Em 11-02-2014 07:32, Olivier Hallot escreveu:
> Hi Khaled
[> I also miss, when inside a project tree, a link to the pt-BR projects
> root. If I have a link there I can jump more easily between the UI and
> Help projects.

Actually I just noticed this exist in the new version... The language
root is in a drop down box on the top of the pages... Thanks!

Milos Sramek Milos Sramek

Dňa 2014-02-11 10:21, Mihovil Stanic wrote / napísal(a):
> What are advantages over current pootle version?
I've noticed better navigation, "exact match" in search (good!), "show
timeline" (not for all items).

According to the Pootle documentation, this version supports translation
memory (amagama server).
Can we activate this feature? It would help mostly in translation of the
strings for the new dialogs - I do not think that we all have translated
them yet. Moreover, a few hundreds of such modified strings will come
perhaps in 4.3 again.

As I remember using TM from the amagama server in Virtaal some time ago,
there were old openoffice strings there, but no LO strings. Pootle,
however, supports private TM servers - does it make sense to set up our
own one? Perhaps it would be useful to put translations from LO 3.6, 4.0
4.1 and 4.2 there

Milos

--
email & jabber: [hidden email]

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

Hi Milos, *,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Milos Sramek <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> According to the Pootle documentation, this version supports translation
> memory (amagama server).
> Can we activate this feature?

This is activated, but it has the same problem as on the live server:
the translation memory server doesn't support https, so your browser
refuses to load it since pootle itself was accessed using https.

Your browser should show some indicator that it blocked content from
location entry box, next to the bookmark-star, in firefox the
indicator is at the left.

Allow to load the content from locamotion org and it should work.

ciao
Christian

Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] New Pootle server is available for testing

Hi Khaled, all,
Le 12/02/2014 15:19, Khaled Hosny a écrit :
> Pootle 2.5.1 release notes should cover the major changes:
> http://docs.translatehouse.org/projects/pootle/en/latest/releases/2.5.1.html

Thanks, for information, I'll update our Pootle guide with this version
once the migration is over.
Cheers
Sophie

Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Khaled Hosny Khaled Hosny

Milos Sramek Milos Sramek

Dňa 2014-02-11 11:48, Christian Lohmaier wrote / napísal(a):

> Hi Milos, *,
>
> On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 11:40 AM, Milos Sramek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [...]
>> According to the Pootle documentation, this version supports translation
>> memory (amagama server).
>> Can we activate this feature?
> This is activated, but it has the same problem as on the live server:
> the translation memory server doesn't support https, so your browser
> refuses to load it since pootle itself was accessed using https.
>
> Your browser should show some indicator that it blocked content from
> location entry box, next to the bookmark-star, in firefox the
> indicator is at the left.
Yes, it works! I did not notice that tiny buttuns earlier :)
Thanks!

What is loaded in the TM now? It would be great if older version were in
it too - exactly for the next batch of dialog updates.

Milos

--
email & jabber: [hidden email]