[libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Next » 12
sophi sophi

[libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi all,

So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
Tel:+33683901545

Modestas Rimkus Modestas Rimkus

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi,

I know my answer is actually the opposite of what is being asked, but I
really want to make sure that old TM stays in Pootle for Lithuanian.

Lithuanian (lt-LT) was not updated for quite a while, but I've been working
on that recently. Please do NOT remove old TM for Lithuanian. However, I
hope I'll still be able to request that once the old translations are
transferred to current version of LibO. Thanks!

Br,
Modestas

> Hi all,
>
> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
> Cheers
> Sophie
> --
> Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
> Tel:+33683901545
> Co-founder - Release coordinator
> The Document Foundation

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi Modestas,
Le 05/11/2014 10:32, Modestas Rimkus a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I know my answer is actually the opposite of what is being asked, but I
> really want to make sure that old TM stays in Pootle for Lithuanian.
>
> Lithuanian (lt-LT) was not updated for quite a while, but I've been working
> on that recently. Please do NOT remove old TM for Lithuanian. However, I
> hope I'll still be able to request that once the old translations are
> transferred to current version of LibO. Thanks!

ok, this is noted :)
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
Tel:+33683901545
Co-founder - Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Christian Kühl-2 Christian Kühl-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi Sophie!

Am 05.11.2014 um 10:17 schrieb Sophie:

> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!

German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to keep
old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.

Regards,
Christian.

Anton Meixome Anton Meixome

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Remove the old TM from

gl

> Hi Sophie!
>
> Am 05.11.2014 um 10:17 schrieb Sophie:
>>

>> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
>> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
>

> German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to keep
> old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.
>
> Regards,
> Christian.

Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Galician community LibO & AOO

TomD TomD

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi :)
I'm a little worried about this thread.

In one project one of the languages has a loner going his own way
(extremely prolifically) but apparently using a different dialect or
something - a bit like the difference between English (US) and English
(GB), i think.  The rest of the team are often overwhelmed with trying to
fix all the problems he/she creates.

So if a large team requests removing the TM would it be wise to wait until
a second member of their team confirmed it?

Maybe say 2 people vote for removing it if their team is 2 or more people?
Maybe 3 need to confirm it if the team is over 50 people?

On 5 November 2014 10:47, Anton Meixome <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Remove the old TM from
>
> gl

> > Hi Sophie!
> >
> > Am 05.11.2014 um 10:17 schrieb Sophie:
> >>

> >> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
> >> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
> >

> > German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to keep
> > old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Christian.
> >

> > --
> > deleted
>

> --
> Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
> Galician community LibO & AOO

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

For Czech language (cs), please remove the old TM.

Thanks a lot for taking care of this!

Stanislav

Dne 5.11.2014 v 10:17 Sophie napsal(a):
> Hi all,
>
> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
> Cheers
> Sophie

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Just to confirm, please keep everything in the TM for gd

Michael

05/11/2014 13:18, sgrìobh Stanislav Horáček:

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig a' choimpiutair agad, siuthad, feuch e!*
Iomadh rud eadar prògraman oifis, brabhsairean, predictive texting,
geamannan is mòran a bharrachd. Tadhail oirnn aig www.iGàidhlig.net
<http://www.iGaidhlig.net/>

Jesper Hertel Jesper Hertel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

I definitely second what Tom said. Good thinking, Tom!
Den 06/11/2014 01.09 skrev "Tom Davies" <[hidden email]>:

> Hi :)
> I'm a little worried about this thread.
>
> In one project one of the languages has a loner going his own way
> (extremely prolifically) but apparently using a different dialect or
> something - a bit like the difference between English (US) and English
> (GB), i think.  The rest of the team are often overwhelmed with trying to
> fix all the problems he/she creates.
>
> So if a large team requests removing the TM would it be wise to wait until
> a second member of their team confirmed it?
>
> Maybe say 2 people vote for removing it if their team is 2 or more people?
> Maybe 3 need to confirm it if the team is over 50 people?
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> On 5 November 2014 10:47, Anton Meixome <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Remove the old TM from
> >
> > gl

> > > Hi Sophie!

> > > German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to keep
> > > old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Christian.
> > >

> > > --
> > > All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> > > deleted
> >

> > --
> > Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
> > Galician community LibO & AOO
> >
> > --
> > deleted

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi Tom,
Le 05/11/2014 12:04, Tom Davies a écrit :

> Hi :)
> I'm a little worried about this thread.
>
> In one project one of the languages has a loner going his own way
> (extremely prolifically) but apparently using a different dialect or
> something - a bit like the difference between English (US) and English
> (GB), i think.  The rest of the team are often overwhelmed with trying to
> fix all the problems he/she creates.
>
> So if a large team requests removing the TM would it be wise to wait until
> a second member of their team confirmed it?
>
> Maybe say 2 people vote for removing it if their team is 2 or more people?
> Maybe 3 need to confirm it if the team is over 50 people?

Tom, I know that you don't do l10n, so if you asked me to remove a TM, I
would ask for the confirmation of the team lead ;) So don't worry, those
who work with a large team will discuss together and will come back to
me later, those who are alone know what they prefer.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
Tel:+33683901545
Co-founder - Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi Christian, *,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Christian Kühl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Am 05.11.2014 um 10:17 schrieb Sophie:
>

> German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to keep
> old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.

That's not quite what is meant by removing translation memory.

tm is the suggesions that show up when you translate and those come
from a different server (there's also terminology that is part of
pootle) - so the question is about those automatic suggestions based
on old strings

ciao
Christian

Stuart Swales Stuart Swales

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Please remove the old TM from British English (en_GB)

Thanks

Stuart

--
Stuart Swales

Jesper Hertel Jesper Hertel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Very glad to hear that, Sophie! I was worried too, but not any more after
that explanation. :-)

Is there a place where I can read more about the list of projects are
included in the current translation memory?

And is there any way to see from which project (and what version of it)
each suggestion comes?

Jesper

> Hi Tom,
> Le 05/11/2014 12:04, Tom Davies a écrit :
> > Hi :)
> > I'm a little worried about this thread.
> >
> > In one project one of the languages has a loner going his own way
> > (extremely prolifically) but apparently using a different dialect or
> > something - a bit like the difference between English (US) and English
> > (GB), i think.  The rest of the team are often overwhelmed with trying to
> > fix all the problems he/she creates.
> >
> > So if a large team requests removing the TM would it be wise to wait
> until
> > a second member of their team confirmed it?
> >
> > Maybe say 2 people vote for removing it if their team is 2 or more
> people?
> > Maybe 3 need to confirm it if the team is over 50 people?
>
> Tom, I know that you don't do l10n, so if you asked me to remove a TM, I
> would ask for the confirmation of the team lead ;) So don't worry, those
> who work with a large team will discuss together and will come back to
> me later, those who are alone know what they prefer.
>
> Cheers
> Sophie
>
> --
> Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
> Tel:+33683901545
> Co-founder - Release coordinator
> The Document Foundation

Christian Kühl-2 Christian Kühl-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi Christian!

Am 06.11.2014 um 11:31 schrieb Christian Lohmaier:

> On Wed, Nov 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM, Christian Kühl
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Am 05.11.2014 um 10:17 schrieb Sophie:
>>

>> German (de) is up to date with translation so there is no need to
>> keep old translation in Pootle for 4.1 and 4.2 any longer.
>
> That's not quite what is meant by removing translation memory.
>
> tm is the suggesions that show up when you translate and those come
> from a different server (there's also terminology that is part of
> pootle) - so the question is about those automatic suggestions based
> on old strings

OK, thank you for clarifying this, I misunderstood the topic.

So German (de) should stay.

Regards,
Christian.

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

> Is there a place where I can read more about the list of projects are
> included in the current translation memory?

I suppose that these scripts are used for pulling translations to TM:
https://github.com/translate/amagama-updater

> And is there any way to see from which project (and what version of it)
> each suggestion comes?

Unfortunately not. See the related bugs:
https://github.com/translate/amagama/issues/2348
https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/2349

Best regards,
Stanislav

Jesper Hertel Jesper Hertel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

>  Is there a place where I can read more about the list of projects are
>> included in the current translation memory?
>>

> I suppose that these scripts are used for pulling translations to TM:
> https://github.com/translate/amagama-updater
>

>> And is there any way to see from which project (and what version of it)
>> each suggestion comes?
>>

> Unfortunately not. See the related bugs:
> https://github.com/translate/amagama/issues/2348
> https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/2349

Thank you so much, Stanislav! Exactly what I was looking for!

Best regards,
Jesper

naruoga naruoga

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

For Japanese language (ja), please remove the old TM.
We, Japanese team already discussed about it.

Naruhiko Ogasawara ([hidden email])

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Hi,

I hope it is not too late to request removal of old TM
for Kazakh (kk) language,

Thanks,

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:49 PM, Naruhiko Ogasawara <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For Japanese language (ja), please remove the old TM.
> We, Japanese team already discussed about it.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Naruhiko Ogasawara ([hidden email])

Mihovil Stanic-2 Mihovil Stanic-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Not sure if I sent email for this or not, but yes, please remove old
translation memory for HR locale.

Best regards,
Mihovil

5.11.2014. u 10:17, Sophie je napisao/la:
> Hi all,
>
> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
> Cheers
> Sophie

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Old TM removed from Pootle

Please Remove old TM for Tamil(ta) too.

Thanks for your support

Thanks & Regards
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

> Not sure if I sent email for this or not, but yes, please remove old
> translation memory for HR locale.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> 5.11.2014. u 10:17, Sophie je napisao/la:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> So for those who would like to see their old TM removed from Pootle,
>> please answer this message with your language code in it :) Thanks!
>> Cheers
>> Sophie

Next » 12