[libreoffice-l10n] Old download pages for many languages

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

[libreoffice-l10n] Old download pages for many languages

Hi,

It seems that l10n is a better place to discuss the localized web sites, so
I send this email that I have previously sent to web mailing list here:

Although Libreoffice 3.5 stable has been released, many languages still
provide the old version in the download section of their localized website.
Please check here:

http://www.libreoffice.org/international-sites/

Some even don't provide a link for download. Maybe a change in original
templates can fix this. Btw, I have switched the template to "simple
download" in SilverStripe and it worked fine, although I'm not completely
satisfied with the template.

Thanks,
Hossein

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Old download pages for many languages

Hi,
This problem still exists.

This is the status of some of localized download sites. Just go to the
localized websites listed here and click download:

http://www.libreoffice.org/international-sites/

This is the status for some of the websites: (I didn't check all of them)

Arabic: Leads to "Not found"
http://ar.libreoffice.org/download/

Bodo (India): No download page
http://brx.libreoffice.org/

Estonian: Still shows 3.6 version
http://el.libreoffice.org/

Chinese Traditional: Problem with certificate prevents user from downloading
https://zh-tw.libreoffice.org/download/

*Should we abandon some old SilverStripe templates?*

Thanks,
Hossein

2012/4/29 Hossein Noorikhah <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> It seems that l10n is a better place to discuss the localized web sites,
> so I send this email that I have previously sent to web mailing list here:
>
> Although Libreoffice 3.5 stable has been released, many languages still
> provide the old version in the download section of their localized website.
> Please check here:
>

> http://www.libreoffice.org/international-sites/
>
> Some even don't provide a link for download. Maybe a change in original
> templates can fix this. Btw, I have switched the template to "simple
> download" in SilverStripe and it worked fine,
> although I'm not completely satisfied with the template.
>
> Thanks,
> Hossein

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Old download pages for many languages

Hi Hossein, all,

2013/12/20 Hossein Noorikhah <[hidden email]>

> This is the status for some of the websites: (I didn't check all of them)
> Estonian: Still shows 3.6 version
> http://el.libreoffice.org/

That's Greek (el), actually, not Estonian (et). Estonian site offers 4.1.4
by default at the moment.

Best regards,
Mihkel

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Old download pages for many languages

Hi Mihkel,

Sorry for that. :-/ I was testing several URLs and I mistakenly wrote that.
:-)

So, either the old templates should be updated or everyone that is using
the old template should use the new one.