[libreoffice-l10n] Picking up Estonian

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

[libreoffice-l10n] Picking up Estonian

Just dropping a note about picking up Estonian, at least as far as
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3go
es.

Best regards,
Mihkel Tõnnov

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Please commit: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip (also
includes et.po, which previously had component names (Writer, Calc, etc.)
translated for some reason)

Best regards,
Mihkel

Lior Kaplan Lior Kaplan

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

I've pushed et.po.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?id=857ce561f8a04760a7939dafd6ce40943fe5bb1c

I have some line in lo-build-et.po I'd like to check more in depth. I'll
update you soon.

Kaplan

Lior Kaplan Lior Kaplan

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM, Lior Kaplan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've pushed et.po.
>
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?id=857ce561f8a04760a7939dafd6ce40943fe5bb1c
>
> I have some line in lo-build-et.po I'd like to check more in depth. I'll
> update you soon.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?id=859412981d78c564be0106d12422f931accad747

Kaplan

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Hi,
I finally got the time to update lo-build-et.po --
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip

Secondly, requesting Pootle rights for Estonian -- my account there is
Mihkel.

Best regards,
Mihkel

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011/1/16 Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> I finally got the time to update lo-build-et.po --
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip

Just in time... :) I'll commit it tonight for 3.3. Unfortunately you
worked on an old template (.pot). You'll have the chance to complete
your translation in Pootle for 3.3.1

Best regards,
Andras

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Isn't http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/po/lo-build.potup-to-date,
then?

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

2011/1/16 Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]>:
> Isn't http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/po/lo-build.potup-to-date,
> then?

No it isn't, because LibreOffice 3.3 will be released from a branch
(most probably libreoffice-3-3-0) not from master.

Best regards,
Andras

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Will this work? :)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et-3-3-0.zip (updated
against
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/po/lo-build.pot?h=libreoffice-3-3-0)

Best regards,
Mihkel

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

2011/1/16 Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]>:
> Will this work? :)
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et-3-3-0.zip (updated
> against
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/po/lo-build.pot?h=libreoffice-3-3-0)
>
> Best regards,
> Mihkel

Hi Mikhel,

Thanks, I used this translation. Apparently
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/po/lo-build.pot?h=libreoffice-3-3
contains 8 more strings, but they are not very important. I did not
know that they were not put into libreoffice-3-3-0 (I need to check
this!).

Thanks,
Andras

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

2011.01.16 23:57, Mihkel Tõnnov rašė:
> Hi,
> I finally got the time to update lo-build-et.po --
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip
>
> Secondly, requesting Pootle rights for Estonian -- my account there is
> Mihkel.

You have the permissions.

Regards from Vilnius,
Rimas Kudelis

2011.01.17 00:02, Andras Timar rašė:
> 2011/1/16 Mihkel Tõnnov<[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>> I finally got the time to update lo-build-et.po --
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip
>>
> Just in time... :) I'll commit it tonight for 3.3. Unfortunately you
> worked on an old template (.pot). You'll have the chance to complete
> your translation in Pootle for 3.3.1

Since we're still using OOo application and document icons (by the way,
why the old and not new ones?), I guess we won't avoid at least one more
RC. Andras, doesn't that mean we could still accept L10n updates and fixes?

Rimas

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011/1/17 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>:

> 2011.01.17 00:02, Andras Timar rašė:
>>
>> 2011/1/16 Mihkel Tõnnov<[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I finally got the time to update lo-build-et.po --
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Lo-build-et.zip
>>>
>> Just in time... :) I'll commit it tonight for 3.3. Unfortunately you
>> worked on an old template (.pot). You'll have the chance to complete
>> your translation in Pootle for 3.3.1
>
> Since we're still using OOo application and document icons (by the way, why
> the old and not new ones?), I guess we won't avoid at least one more RC.
> Andras, doesn't that mean we could still accept L10n updates and fixes?

Oh, sure. Whenever Petr Mladek announces a new git tag, I'll collect
the translations from Pootle.

Best regards,
Andras

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Hi Rimas,
On 17/01/2011 14:19, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

I'm just answering this short question :
[...]

> Since we're still using OOo application and document icons (by the way,
> why the old and not new ones?)

The design team is about to finish its work on them, and they are trying
to get them in the version, but it's a bit late for the developers point
of view. So I don't know if it will be for this version or the next one.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Present_State_of_the_Icon_Design

Kind regards
Sophie

2011.01.17 16:18, Sophie Gautier rašė:

> Hi Rimas,
> On 17/01/2011 14:19, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
>
> I'm just answering this short question :
> [...]
>
>> Since we're still using OOo application and document icons (by the way,
>> why the old and not new ones?)
>
> The design team is about to finish its work on them, and they are
> trying to get them in the version, but it's a bit late for the
> developers point of view. So I don't know if it will be for this
> version or the next one.
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/LibreOffice_Initial_Icons#Present_State_of_the_Icon_Design

What I meant was: if we're using icons from OpenOffice.org, we could at
least use the new ones, not old ones. Though I don't think we should
really have a public release with incomplete branding.

Rimas

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011.01.17. 15:50 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:

> What I meant was: if we're using icons from OpenOffice.org, we could at
> least use the new ones, not old ones.

IMHO it was intentional. Many people did not like the new OOo icons. It
was a big flame on multiple OOo mailing lists.

2011.01.17 23:17, Andras Timar rašė:
> 2011.01.17. 15:50 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:
>
>> What I meant was: if we're using icons from OpenOffice.org, we could at
>> least use the new ones, not old ones.
> IMHO it was intentional. Many people did not like the new OOo icons. It
> was a big flame on multiple OOo mailing lists.

:| I like them, at least the blue ones...

Rimas

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

2011/1/17 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>

> :| I like them, at least the blue ones...

Me too, I liked the simpler design. It embodied the well known "KISS"
principle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

IMHO, the new, planned icons look very colorful, as if it was an app for
children (the Oracle one was more a professional/office oriented one). Since
both are applicable in the context of LO, maybe there should be a way to
select the theme during the install process - "Select LibreOffice" skin:
"default", "oracle", "sun", "libreoffice", "ooo4kids" etc.

On the other hand - de gustibus non disputandum est.

Lp, m.

Marek Laane Marek Laane

2011/1/18 Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]>

> 2011/1/17 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>
>
> > :| I like them, at least the blue ones...
>

> Me too, I liked the simpler design. It embodied the well known "KISS"
> principle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
>
> IMHO, the new, planned icons look very colorful, as if it was an app for
> children (the Oracle one was more a professional/office oriented one).
> Since
> both are applicable in the context of LO, maybe there should be a way to
> select the theme during the install process - "Select LibreOffice" skin:
> "default", "oracle", "sun", "libreoffice", "ooo4kids" etc.
>
> On the other hand - de gustibus non disputandum est.
>
> Lp, m.
>
> Well, that has been real hijacking of thread theme :-)

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Picking up Estonian

Heh, Marek,

2011/1/17 Marek Laane <[hidden email]>

> > Since
> > both are applicable in the context of LO, maybe there should be a way to
> > select the theme during the install process - "Select LibreOffice" skin:
> > "default", "oracle", "sun", "libreoffice", "ooo4kids" etc.
>
> > Well, that has been real hijacking of thread theme :-)
>
> Did I mention that one of the themes/skins could be called "Estonian"? :)

Lp, m.