[libreoffice-l10n] Please change the language name of Korean

jihui.choi jihui.choi

[libreoffice-l10n] Please change the language name of Korean

Hello.

I found a strange word while I'm translating new-designed website.see below

https://goo.gl/photos/7CfcTvvTqUQXndfH8

There is a phase, "리브레 오피스 한국어 [韓國語] 도움말(Built in help)"
This comes from "LibreOffice Built in help in <strong>{language}</strong>",
website project of Pootle.
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ko/website/

It seems to be assigned "한국어 [韓國語]" to {language}.
But it's wrong. It should be just "한국어".  "韓國語" is the Chinese word of
"한국어".
(Korean used to Chinese character 100 years ago.. but now no one use it in
daily life)

So please get rid of "韓國語" from it.

Thank you.

Jihui Choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Please change the language name of Korean

Hi Jihui, *,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 4:34 AM, Jihui Choi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I found a strange word while I'm translating new-designed website.see below
>
> https://goo.gl/photos/7CfcTvvTqUQXndfH8
>

> There is a phase, "리브레 오피스 한국어 [韓國語] 도움말(Built in help)"
> This comes from "LibreOffice Built in help in <strong>{language}</strong>",
> website project of Pootle.
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ko/website/
>
> It seems to be assigned "한국어 [韓國語]" to {language}.

Yes, the language is taken from silverstripe's mapping (that is
extended for those languages where there isn't a builtin.

https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-framework/blob/3.2/i18n/i18n.php#L840

> But it's wrong. It should be just "한국어".  "韓國語" is the Chinese word of
> "한국어".
> (Korean used to Chinese character 100 years ago.. but now no one use it in
> daily life)

I changed it on our local copy - but I think it is desired to also
have that removed from upstream. It is not suitable in any case,
right?

ciao
Christian