[libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle

12 « Prev

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle

Hi *,

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 9:11 AM sophi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Baurzhan,
> Le 13/11/2018 à 03:12, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov a écrit :
> > Dear Sophie,
> >
> > We've been using "nplurals=1; plural=0" form for quite a while in,
> > say, GNOME and Xfce, and Mozilla as well and never had any problems.
> >
> > Could you please revert the Pootle plural form of Kazakh language to it?
> >
> > I will silence the printf checks then as Christian suggested.
>
> This is done, thanks for the feedback. It seems the list at
> Translate.org is not right then.

Same for cldr then - I assume it is because of bad formatting in the
samples? Visually they appear the same with my font, but the "C"-like
character is different in the "one" and "other" examples...
http://www.unicode.org/cldr/charts/latest/supplemental/language_plural_rules.html#kk

So Baurzhan, please file a ticket
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/newticket to have that updated

ciao
Christian

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle

Hi Sophie,

sophi wrote on 11/2/18 10:20 AM:
> Le 01/11/2018 à 18:57, Cor Nouws>> sophi wrote on 10/30/18 2:10 PM:
>>
>>> It seems some language settings in Pootle are missing the plural form
>>> now that it has been added to master.
>>
>> Where should I miss/how can I see that
>
> If the field is blank, you won't be able to translate and will have an
> error message (from what I've understood from the requests in Pootle

Where can I see a field for this?

(Sorry for being totally dump here ;) obviously missed some mails..)

--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Plural forms in Pootle

Hi Cor,
Le 18/11/2018 à 22:57, Cor Nouws a écrit :

> Hi Sophie,
>
> sophi wrote on 11/2/18 10:20 AM:

>>> Where should I miss/how can I see that
>>
>> If the field is blank, you won't be able to translate and will have an
>> error message (from what I've understood from the requests in Pootle
>
> Where can I see a field for this
>
> (Sorry for being totally dump here ;) obviously missed some mails..)

You need to be Pootle admin to modify the language values.
But for NL, number of plurals is: 2, I guess it's correct.

Cheers
Sophie

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:43 PM sophi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Le 18/11/2018 à 22:57, Cor Nouws a écrit :
> > sophi wrote on 11/2/18 10:20 AM:

For langauges that don't have any plural form configured, see my mail:
https://www.mail-archive.com/l10n@.../msg11831.html

But that doesn't allow you to check whether existing entries are
correct, for that see below...

> > (Sorry for being totally dump here ;) obviously missed some mails..)
>
> You need to be Pootle admin to modify the language values.
> But for NL, number of plurals is: 2, I guess it's correct.

and also important equation is (n != 1), so quantity of 0 also gets
plural, like German (0 Sekunden, 1 Sekunde, 2 Sekunden, …)

There's a bug/missing feature in pootle that doesn't export the
Plural-Forms header to files downloaded via web, but the files synced
to disk have it. Meaning: You cannot check in files downloaded from
pootle (only the number of plurals, by the number of msgstr[#] lines),
but you can check it in the translations repo:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/translations/+/master/source/nl/sw/messages.po

ciao
Christian

12 « Prev