[libreoffice-l10n] Polish native-lang project is probably dead

Dominik Danelski Dominik Danelski

[libreoffice-l10n] Polish native-lang project is probably dead

Hello,

When I search for LibreOffice in search engines the first result I get is pl.libreoffice.org so I assume it should be well-maintained in order to be attractive for potential new users. However the website is greatly outdated: the "new" version advertised on the main page is LO4, URLs redirecting to the English website do not work anymore and design was not prepared for mobile devices.

I could not find any direct contact information to person maintaining that community/website, but I can safely assume that anyone who made last changes a few years ago probably lost interest in the project or time to be involved.

For now I suggest either redirecting visitors from pl.libreoffice.org to the main (English) website or stripping outdated sections like changelog and leaving just the general description of the project, advantages and links for download. Any remaining URLs should be checked and recreated if necessary.

Is there any person with sufficient rights to do this or allow me to help in this task?

Regards

Dominik Danelski

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Polish native-lang project is probably dead

Hi Dominik,

Le 14/02/2019 à 23:25, Dominik Danelski a écrit :

> Hello,
>

> When I search for LibreOffice in search engines the first result I get is pl.libreoffice.org so I assume it should be well-maintained in order to be attractive for potential new users. However the website is greatly outdated: the "new" version advertised on the main page is LO4, URLs redirecting to the English website do not work anymore and design was not prepared for mobile devices.
>
> I could not find any direct contact information to person maintaining that community/website, but I can safely assume that anyone who made last changes a few years ago probably lost interest in the project or time to be involved.
>
> For now I suggest either redirecting visitors from pl.libreoffice.org to the main (English) website or stripping outdated sections like changelog and leaving just the general description of the project, advantages and links for download. Any remaining URLs should be checked and recreated if necessary.
>

> Is there any person with sufficient rights to do this or allow me to help in this task?

Thank you for offer, best would be I grant you rights and you manage to
make the changes you mentioned.
Should I create your account with this mail address?
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]