[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Kevin Suo Kevin Suo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language



Hi,
 
The pootle server codes in github indicates that it supports many other languages in the UI, but when I open the TDF Pootle Server, it's always in English. Could someone investigate? I want it to show as Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) UI if the browser language is in in Simplified Chinese.
 
This is a "regression", in previous pootle versions it did show Chinese UI.
 
This is important, as currently I am trying to gather the people from some of the "minority" nationalities here in China (Uighur, Mongolian etc)  to help translating LibreOffice into their native language. For them, they may speek good Chinese, but they may not understand English. If the pootle UI can display as Chinese, I can guide them through to add "Simplified Chinese" in the "Alternative Source Languages" list, so that they can start translating using Chinese as reference language.
 
 Kevin Suo

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Michael Wolf Michael Wolf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language


> Kevin Suo <[hidden email]> hat am 14. Februar 2018 um 07:07 geschrieben:
>  
> The pootle server codes in github indicates that it supports many other languages in the UI, but when I open the TDF Pootle Server, it's always in English. Could someone investigate? I want it to show as Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) UI if the browser language is in in Simplified Chinese.
>  
> This is a "regression", in previous pootle versions it did show Chinese UI.

Hi,

I can confirm that for Upper Sorbian, Lower Sorbian and German. Interestingly the time words (days, weeks, months) for Last Activity are displayed translated.

Michael

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
sophi sophi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language

In reply to this post by Kevin Suo
Hi,
Le 14/02/2018 à 07:07, Kevin Suo a écrit :
>
>
> Hi,
>  
> The pootle server codes in github indicates that it supports many other languages in the UI, but when I open the TDF Pootle Server, it's always in English. Could someone investigate? I want it to show as Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) UI if the browser language is in in Simplified Chinese.
>  
> This is a "regression", in previous pootle versions it did show Chinese UI.
>  
> This is important, as currently I am trying to gather the people from some of the "minority" nationalities here in China (Uighur, Mongolian etc)  to help translating LibreOffice into their native language. For them, they may speek good Chinese, but they may not understand English. If the pootle UI can display as Chinese, I can guide them through to add "Simplified Chinese" in the "Alternative Source Languages" list, so that they can start translating using Chinese as reference language.

That should work now, let me know if you still meet issues.

Cheers
Sophie


--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Michael Wolf Michael Wolf
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language


>
> That should work now, let me know if you still meet issues.
>
Hi Sophie,

thank you, it works again for all three languages I mentioned now.

Michael

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Kevin Suo Kevin Suo
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle Server in Native Language

In reply to this post by sophi
It works now.

And I am trying to revising the translations for pootle itself, to fix some errors and finish the untranslated strings. Do we need to wait for pootle for a new release to make the new translations shown, or can we do it on TDF side by fetching the new po files directly?


于 2018年2月14日 GMT+08:00 下午7:27:33, Sophie <[hidden email]> 写到:

>Hi,
>Le 14/02/2018 à 07:07, Kevin Suo a écrit :
>>
>>
>> Hi,
>>  
>> The pootle server codes in github indicates that it supports many
>other languages in the UI, but when I open the TDF Pootle Server, it's
>always in English. Could someone investigate? I want it to show as
>Simplified Chinese (zh_CN) UI if the browser language is in in
>Simplified Chinese.
>>  
>> This is a "regression", in previous pootle versions it did show
>Chinese UI.
>>  
>> This is important, as currently I am trying to gather the people from
>some of the "minority" nationalities here in China (Uighur, Mongolian
>etc)  to help translating LibreOffice into their native language. For
>them, they may speek good Chinese, but they may not understand English.
>If the pootle UI can display as Chinese, I can guide them through to
>add "Simplified Chinese" in the "Alternative Source Languages" list, so
>that they can start translating using Chinese as reference language.
>
>That should work now, let me know if you still meet issues.
>
>Cheers
>Sophie
>
>
>--
>Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
>GSM: +33683901545
>IRC: sophi
>Release coordinator
>The Document Foundation
>
>--
>To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>Problems?
>https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>Posting guidelines + more:
>https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
>All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
>deleted

--
Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted