[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

xslidian xslidian

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

It's no use for me either, and it slows the rendering quite a lot.
(over 10 minutes in my case)

So I added this line in hosts so the page could at least load:
127.0.0.1 api.apertium.org

Best wishes,
Dean (@xslidian)

On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Olivier Hallot

Leif Lodahl Leif Lodahl

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

Hi,
I'll suggest that the api.apertium.org is removed until we get a better
solution. It makes the work with Pootle impossible.

It should be possible to disable Apertium and Google individually per
language and user.

/Leif

On 18-12-2011 09:41, Dean Lee wrote:

> It's no use for me either, and it slows the rendering quite a lot.
> (over 10 minutes in my case)
>
> So I added this line in hosts so the page could at least load:
> 127.0.0.1 api.apertium.org
>
> Best wishes,
> Dean (@xslidian)
>
> On Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Olivier Hallot

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

Op Sa, 2011-12-17 om 13:29 -0200 skryf Olivier Hallot:

> Hello
>
> Each time I click in a "copy into translation" icon, something is fired
> towards api.apertium.org, which is slowing the overall copy process
> (latency).
>
> I am not sure where apertium.org is helping me. Any clues?
>
> Also, if it doesn't help, is there a way to disable it?

Hallo Olivier

This sounds like a configuration problem at the apertium server, and we
should maybe take it up with them. I remember there was an issue with
this web service originally, but I believe that was sorted out before we
released Pootle with this feature.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/firefox-maybe-now-most-popular-africa

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle: api.apertium.org

Hi Leif,

2011/12/19 leif <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> I'll suggest that the api.apertium.org is removed until we get a better
> solution. It makes the work with Pootle impossible.

OK, I commented it out from the config file.

I'll be (mostly) off for the rest of the year, I will not have the
time to investigate it with apertium. Let me or Rimas know, if someone
has good news regarding their services.

Thanks,
Andras