[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

sophi sophi

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

Hi all,

Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
address as usual:
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/

There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
mail address we have to delete.

Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

Hi *,

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.

A small note to this one: Since the downtime took longer than
expected, the templates have not been synced with the latest changes
in the code (and I won't do so before grabbing the files for rc1 later
this week on Thursday).
rc1 marks string and UI freeze, so after that you'll still have more
than a month to work on the translation for 5.0.0 final.

ciao
Christian

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

> Hi all,
>
> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
> address as usual:
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/

Great!!!

> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
> mail address we have to delete.
>
> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.

Some issues,

I'm leader for Catalan project and I has full rights in old Pootle. I could
change other users rights. But now I'm unable to find administration
section in new pootle.

Yours
Joan Montané

sophi sophi

Le 17/06/2015 12:36, Joan Montané a écrit :

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
>> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
>> address as usual:
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>>

> Great!!!
>

>> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
>> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
>> mail address we have to delete.
>>
>> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
>> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
>>

> Some issues,
>
> I'm leader for Catalan project and I has full rights in old Pootle. I could
> change other users rights. But now I'm unable to find administration
> section in new pootle.

Something I have to add to the Pootle guide, the Browse button on the
left has a little arrow, when you click on it, the last entry is
Permissions and let you manage the administration of your project

Cheers
Sophie

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

> Le 17/06/2015 12:36, Joan Montané a écrit :
>
> Something I have to add to the Pootle guide, the Browse button on the
> left has a little arrow, when you click on it, the last entry is
> Permissions and let you manage the administration of your project

I found it!!!

Thanks!

Joan Montané

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

Sophie <[hidden email]> 於 2015年6月16日 週二 下午7:26寫道:

> Hi all,
>
> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
> address as usual:
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>
> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
> mail address we have to delete.
>
> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.

I cannot find the way the download all the po files and upload them after
offline work.

Offline work is quite vital to my workflow, because Pootle response too
slowly with my internet connection.

Any information?

Thanks!

sophi sophi

Le 18/06/2015 17:31, Cheng-Chia Tseng a écrit :

> Sophie <[hidden email]> 於 2015年6月16日 週二 下午7:26寫道:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
>> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
>> address as usual:
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>>
>> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
>> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
>> mail address we have to delete.
>>
>> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
>> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
>>

> I cannot find the way the download all the po files and upload them after
> offline work.
>
> Offline work is quite vital to my workflow, because Pootle response too
> slowly with my internet connection.
>
> Any information?
See the Overview part here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/PootleGuide#Overview
There is a panel on the right hand that contains the links to download
and upload the translation. So select your language and a project then
you'll see the panel.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Co-founder - Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is back!

Sophie <[hidden email]> 於 2015年6月18日 週四 下午11:42寫道:

> Hi,
> Le 18/06/2015 17:31, Cheng-Chia Tseng a écrit :
> > Sophie <[hidden email]> 於 2015年6月16日 週二 下午7:26寫道:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
> >> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
> >> address as usual:
> >> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
> >>
> >> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
> >> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
> >> mail address we have to delete.
> >>
> >> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
> >> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
> >>

> > I cannot find the way the download all the po files and upload them after
> > offline work.
> >
> > Offline work is quite vital to my workflow, because Pootle response too
> > slowly with my internet connection.
> >
> > Any information?
> See the Overview part here:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/PootleGuide#Overview
> There is a panel on the right hand that contains the links to download
> and upload the translation. So select your language and a project then
> you'll see the panel.

Thank you!!! That's so helpful! :)

> Cheers
> Sophie
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> >> Cheers
> >> Sophie
> >> --
> >> Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
> >> GSM: +33683901545
> >> IRC: sophi
> >> Co-founder - Release coordinator
> >> The Document Foundation
> >>
> >> --
> >> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> >> deleted
> >>

> --
> Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
> GSM: +33683901545
> IRC: sophi
> Co-founder - Release coordinator
> The Document Foundation

Valter Mura Valter Mura

[libreoffice-l10n] error opening the project after downloading

Il 16/06/2015 13:26, Sophie ha scritto:

> Hi all,
>
> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
> address as usual:
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>
> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
> mail address we have to delete.
>
> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
>
> Cheers
> Sophie
Now, if I download the entire project, for example the help, I get the
zip file. I extract it and put in the usual folder I use in translation.
Lokalize DO NOT recognize the folder and cannot open single files (I get
an error present in "row 3" in the file). Nor I cannot open them with
Kate editor (it says there is an error with the file encoding).

I've never observed such an error. Please help, I usually work offline.

Ciao

--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] error opening the project after downloading

Il 18/06/2015 22:11, Valter Mura ha scritto:

> Il 16/06/2015 13:26, Sophie ha scritto:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
>> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
>> address as usual:
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>>
>> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
>> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
>> mail address we have to delete.
>>
>> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
>> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
> Now, if I download the entire project, for example the help, I get the
> zip file. I extract it and put in the usual folder I use in translation.
> Lokalize DO NOT recognize the folder and cannot open single files (I
> get an error present in "row 3" in the file). Nor I cannot open them
> with Kate editor (it says there is an error with the file encoding).
>
> I've never observed such an error. Please help, I usually work offline.
>
> Ciao

BTW, if I download single files, I don't have this behaviour. It seems
like something wrong while creating the zip-file???

Ciao

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

On 18 June 2015 at 21:47, Valter Mura <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Il 18/06/2015 22:11, Valter Mura ha scritto:
>

>> Il 16/06/2015 13:26, Sophie ha scritto:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Good news and thanks to Dwayne's hard work, the migration is done and
>>> Pootle is running on a new server. You can now reach it on the same
>>> address as usual:
>>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/
>>>
>>> There is an error remaining: anyone with duplicate emails won't be able
>>> to login. If it's your case, please report to this list and mention the
>>> mail address we have to delete.
>>>
>>> Please report any other issue you may encounter on this list.
>>> Thanks to all for your patience, and thanks a lot to Dwayne too.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Sophie
>>>
>> Now, if I download the entire project, for example the help, I get the
>> zip file. I extract it and put in the usual folder I use in translation.
>> Lokalize DO NOT recognize the folder and cannot open single files (I get
>> an error present in "row 3" in the file). Nor I cannot open them with Kate
>> editor (it says there is an error with the file encoding).
>>
>> I've never observed such an error. Please help, I usually work offline.
>>
>> Ciao
>>
>>  BTW, if I download single files, I don't have this behaviour. It seems
> like something wrong while creating the zip-file???

Could you please report and issue here
https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/new where you can explain
exactly where and how you got the zip.  It would also be helpful if you can
upload the Zip somewhere for us to look at.  Thanks.

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Il 19/06/2015 23:37, Dwayne Bailey ha scritto:

> On 18 June 2015 at 21:47, Valter Mura <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Now, if I download the entire project, for example the help, I get the
>>> zip file. I extract it and put in the usual folder I use in translation.
>>> Lokalize DO NOT recognize the folder and cannot open single files (I get
>>> an error present in "row 3" in the file). Nor I cannot open them with Kate
>>> editor (it says there is an error with the file encoding).
>>>
>>> I've never observed such an error. Please help, I usually work offline.
>>>
>>> Ciao
>>>
>>>   BTW, if I download single files, I don't have this behaviour. It seems
>> like something wrong while creating the zip-file???
>
> Could you please report and issue here
> https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/new where you can explain
> exactly where and how you got the zip.  It would also be helpful if you can
> upload the Zip somewhere for us to look at.  Thanks.

Thanks Dwayne, I'll try one more time and will report.

Ciao