[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is down for maintenance

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is down for maintenance

Hi,

Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.

Best regards,
Andras

vuhung vuhung

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is down for maintenance

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.

You should have checked my email a few seconds before sending this
annoucement :)

Just kidding :) When will it be back?

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )

Disclaimer: When posted to social networking groups include, but not
limited Linux Users' Groups,
Free and Open Sources forums, mailing lists, the above is my personal
opinion and is *not*
the opinion of my employer(s), associations and/or groups I join.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2012/6/12 Nguyễn Vũ Hưng <[hidden email]>:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.
>
> You should have checked my email a few seconds before sending this
> annoucement :)
>
> Just kidding :) When will it be back?

I don't know, hopefully within a few hours. I'll announce it in this
list. Thanks for your patience.

Andras

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle is down for maintenance

Hi,
If you "just can't wait", you can use this:

*pootle.bat*
*:loop
**        **sleep 10
**        **wget
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/--no-check-certificate -O
-
**        **IF ERRORLEVEL 1 GOTO loop
echo "Pootle is back!"
*
or *pootle.sh*
*i=1
until [ $i -eq 0 ]
do
        sleep 10
        wget https://translations.documentfoundation.org/--no-check-certificate
-O -
        i=$?
done
echo Pootle is back!
*
You may attach a horn to it instead of just echoing! :-)

Hossein

2012/6/12 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> 2012/6/12 Nguyễn Vũ Hưng <[hidden email]>:
> > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >> Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.
> >
> > You should have checked my email a few seconds before sending this
> > annoucement :)
> >
> > Just kidding :) When will it be back?
>
> I don't know, hopefully within a few hours. I'll announce it in this
> list. Thanks for your patience.
>
> Andras

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Pootle is down for maintenance

2012/6/12 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras

Hi Pootle is up again. You can start to work on LibreOffice 3.6
translations. Please note, that LibreOffice 3.6 is a moving target,
you can expect small updates in the coming weeks.

Also, you can work on LibreOffice 3.5 translations, especially on
bugfixing. But please concentrate your efforts to 3.6.

LibreOffice 3.4 was removed from Pootle database. Two languages -
Persian and Malayalam - were still active in 3.4, while they were
inactive in 3.5. So I migrated 3.4 translations of Persian and
Malayalam to 3.5 and 3.6.

Please let me know ASAP, if you have problems with Pootle.

Happy translating!

Andras

Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Pootle is down for maintenance

On 06/13/2012 01:35 PM, Andras Timar wrote:

> 2012/6/12 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Pootle is down for maintenance, I'm uploading 3.6 files.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Andras
>
> Hi Pootle is up again. You can start to work on LibreOffice 3.6
> translations. Please note, that LibreOffice 3.6 is a moving target,
> you can expect small updates in the coming weeks.
>
> Also, you can work on LibreOffice 3.5 translations, especially on
> bugfixing. But please concentrate your efforts to 3.6.
>
> LibreOffice 3.4 was removed from Pootle database. Two languages -
> Persian and Malayalam - were still active in 3.4, while they were
> inactive in 3.5. So I migrated 3.4 translations of Persian and
> Malayalam to 3.5 and 3.6.

Do we backup (or archive) old translations anywhere?

> Please let me know ASAP, if you have problems with Pootle.
>
> Happy translating!
>
> Andras

Thanks
Ankit Patel
http://www.ankit644.com/

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2012/6/13 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <[hidden email]>:

> Do we backup (or archive) old translations anywhere?

Yes, we do. It is on Pootle server (not accessible from outside).
Also, LibreOffice git contains the files, at least the versions that
went into a release.

On 06/13/2012 05:55 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/6/13 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> Do we backup (or archive) old translations anywhere?
>
> Yes, we do. It is on Pootle server (not accessible from outside).
> Also, LibreOffice git contains the files, at least the versions that
> went into a release.

Is it possible for LibreOffice to make the old data accessible?

> Best regards,
> Andras

Ankit Patel
http://www.ankit644.com/

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Pootle is down for maintenance

Hi,

2012/6/13 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <[hidden email]>:

> On 06/13/2012 05:55 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2012/6/13 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <[hidden email]>:
>>>

>>> Do we backup (or archive) old translations anywhere?
>>

>> Yes, we do. It is on Pootle server (not accessible from outside).
>> Also, LibreOffice git contains the files, at least the versions that
>> went into a release.
>

> Is it possible for LibreOffice to make the old data accessible?

Yes it is. I guess you are not interested in all languages. Please let
me know what you need. Also, please note that only po files were
archived, other data (suck as suggestions, statistics) were not.

Best regards,
Andras

Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2012/6/13 Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel <[hidden email]>:
>> On 06/13/2012 05:55 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,

>>> Yes, we do. It is on Pootle server (not accessible from outside).
>>> Also, LibreOffice git contains the files, at least the versions that
>>> went into a release.
>>

>> Is it possible for LibreOffice to make the old data accessible?
>>

> Yes it is. I guess you are not interested in all languages. Please let
> me know what you need. Also, please note that only po files were
> archived, other data (suck as suggestions, statistics) were not.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras

Andras,

I also assume that any matching strings from 3.4 were merged forward
into the 3.6 PO files, so the only thing in the 3.4 PO files not
currently available would be obsoleted strings and possibly header
information?

cjl

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2012/6/13 Chris Leonard <[hidden email]>:
> I also assume that any matching strings from 3.4 were merged forward
> into the 3.6 PO files, so the only thing in the 3.4 PO files not
> currently available would be obsoleted strings and possibly header
> information?

Correct.

Migration path was 3.4 -> 3.5 -> 3.6. 3.4 -> 3.5 migration was done
long ago, 3.5 -> 3.6 migration was done yesterday. (Except for ml and
fa, where 3.4 was the active branch somehow, and they did not work on
3.5.)

Andras