[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Giovanni Caligaris Giovanni Caligaris

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Anyone having the same issue?

I can bearly do any work.

-Gio

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Il 04/12/2016 18:04, Giovanni Caligaris ha scritto:
> Anyone having the same issue?
>
> I can bearly do any work.
>
> -Gio

Hi Giovanni

I agree with you and Leif.

--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Valter Mura <[hidden email]> 於 2016年12月5日 週一 上午2:37寫道:

> Il 04/12/2016 18:04, Giovanni Caligaris ha scritto:
> > Anyone having the same issue?
> >
> > I can bearly do any work.
> >
> > -Gio
> >
> Hi Giovanni
>
> I agree with you and Leif.

Extremely slow and unbearable.
Offline translation works and saves more time, but uploading fails on some
specific  po files. :S

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Hi all,
Le 05/12/2016 à 07:39, Cheng-Chia Tseng a écrit :

> Valter Mura <[hidden email]> 於 2016年12月5日 週一 上午2:37寫道:
>
>> Il 04/12/2016 18:04, Giovanni Caligaris ha scritto:
>>> Anyone having the same issue?
>>>
>>> I can bearly do any work.
>>>
>>> -Gio
>>>
>> Hi Giovanni
>>
>> I agree with you and Leif.
>>

> Extremely slow and unbearable.
> Offline translation works and saves more time, but uploading fails on some
> specific  po files. :S

Please read my mail of last week
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice-l10n-Master-update-against-template-td4201522.html
Unfortunately this has prevent us to work on online translation this
week-end and it's still not finished, some languages are still
indicating there last updates 7 weeks ago.
Sorry again fro the inconvenience.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Anton Meixome Anton Meixome

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Me too,

I'm feeling so fisherman.. string by string

:-)

> Valter Mura <[hidden email]> 於 2016年12月5日 週一 上午2:37寫道:
>
>> Il 04/12/2016 18:04, Giovanni Caligaris ha scritto:
>> > Anyone having the same issue?
>> >
>> > I can bearly do any work.
>> >
>> > -Gio
>> >
>> Hi Giovanni
>>
>> I agree with you and Leif.
>>

> Extremely slow and unbearable.
> Offline translation works and saves more time, but uploading fails on some
> specific  po files. :S

Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Galician community LibO & AOO

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Hi All,

A quick heads up from the Pootle developers.

We're busy testing the migration of the current Pootle database to our
latest codebase.

This brings with it a number of improvements, most importantly speed, lots
of it.  LibreOffice os by far the biggest sized Pootle server we have out
there and we've been optimising many of the code paths.  The template
update should also be faster and have less impact.

So currently we're doing the test migrations and we hope to deploy
relatively soon.

Thanks for your patience and I'm sure you'll experience something lightning
fast in a few days time.

On 5 December 2016 at 20:15, Anton Meixome <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Me too,
>
> I'm feeling so fisherman.. string by string
>
> :-)

> > Valter Mura <[hidden email]> 於 2016年12月5日 週一 上午2:37寫道:

> >> Hi Giovanni
> >>
> >> I agree with you and Leif.
> >>

> > Extremely slow and unbearable.
> > Offline translation works and saves more time, but uploading fails on
> some
> > specific  po files. :S
> >
> > --

> Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
> Galician community LibO & AOO

Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle super slow

Hi all,

To keep you informed on this, here is an abstract of the ESC meeting:
l10n (Sophie)
    + LibreOffice Online pot files hasn’t been uploaded for 7 weeks
         + huge performance issues, will have an upgrade next week on
Thursday.
               + hope this will solve the perf. problem.
         + translate.za - are working on this (Cloph)
               + doing some test migrations on their systems, if issues
- will fix it.
               + plan is for Thur. if they can solve the performance
issues, so down-time expected to be hours.
         + database needs to be migrated to the new schema (Cloph)
               + the transition to it is the thing that is slow.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

[libreoffice-l10n] Enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian on Pootle

Hi,

please enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower
Sorbian on Pootle.

Thank you.

Michael

---

Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian on Pootle

On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 12:00 PM, Michael Wolf <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian
> on Pootle.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Michael

It is important to use

Lower Sorbian - dsb
and
Upper Sorbian - hsb

as opposed to the collective

Sorbian languages - wen

Using IS0-639-1 macrolanguage codes or ISO639-2 language collection
codes is bad practice for a variety of reasons.

cjl

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian on Pootle

> It is important to use
>
> Lower Sorbian - dsb
> and
> Upper Sorbian - hsb
>
> as opposed to the collective
>
> Sorbian languages - wen
>
> Using IS0-639-1 macrolanguage codes or ISO639-2 language collection
> codes is bad practice for a variety of reasons.

Hi Chris,

yes, of course, "wen" is an old language code from a time when hsb and dsb didn't exist. I've been already translating LO Master for both hsb and dsb on Pootle. Please do not use "wen".

I am Mozilla translator as well and I translate for hsb and dsb there, too, see:

https://mozilla.locamotion.org/hsb/
https://mozilla.locamotion.org/dsb/

and

https://pontoon.mozilla.org/hsb/
https://pontoon.mozilla.org/dsb/

Michael

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle-Upgrade

Hi,

when will the Pootle upgrade be completed? On the Site Maintance page is
written following sentence:

"While we plan for the upgrade to be done within a few hours, don't be
alarmed if pootle is not available for most of the day."

Few hours? More than two days have been passed now.

Michael

Belkacem Mohammed Belkacem Mohammed

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle-Upgrade

Hello,
What's hapenning with Pootle Server?
It's still down.
By the way, since weeks ago, the server is verry low

> when will the Pootle upgrade be completed? On the Site Maintance page is
> written following sentence:
>
> "While we plan for the upgrade to be done within a few hours, don't be
> alarmed if pootle is not available for most of the day."
>
> Few hours? More than two days have been passed now.
>

> Michael

*M. BelkacemIngénieur Systèmes informatiques ESI (Ex INI)Consultant
technico-fonctionnel  Odoo-Chef de projet IT /Formateur*
*Opensource Localizer*

*Tel :*  00213555044419
*mail :* [hidden email], [hidden email]
*Skype :*  belkacem.mohammed3

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Il 17/12/2016 20:40, Michael Wolf ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> when will the Pootle upgrade be completed? On the Site Maintance page is
> written following sentence:
>
> "While we plan for the upgrade to be done within a few hours, don't be
> alarmed if pootle is not available for most of the day."
>
> Few hours? More than two days have been passed now.
>

> Michael

Hi, I suppose that it's a hard way to the top if you wanna upload 38
GB... :)

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Valter Mura schrieb:

> Hi, I suppose that it's a hard way to the top if you wanna upload 38
> GB... :)

Hi Valter,

yes, you are right but they cannot write it will be done within few
hours. Now more than three days are passed.

Michael

---

sophi sophi

Le 18/12/2016 à 14:57, Michael Wolf a écrit :
> Valter Mura schrieb:
>
>> Hi, I suppose that it's a hard way to the top if you wanna upload 38
>> GB... :)
>
> Hi Valter,
>
> yes, you are right but they cannot write it will be done within few
> hours. Now more than three days are passed.

Yes, sorry for the inconvenience, we thought about 24 hours, but it is
slowing down badly after a certain time. Dwayne and Cloph are still on
it, checking how they could speed the process.

Cheers
Sophie

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Michael Wolf schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> please enable project Libreoffice Online for Upper Sorbian and Lower
> Sorbian on Pootle.
>
> Thank you.

Hi,

on December 9, 2016 I sent above message asking you to enable the
project "Libre Office Online" for Upper Sorbian (and hsb) and Lower
Sorbian (dsb) on Pootle. Please do it now. Stanislav Horáček recommended
me to translate this project first. Meanwhile I started translating
Master but I will fit in LO Online and give it priority.

Thanks,

Michael

---