[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
and we've fixed a few issues.

We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
face before we migrate next week.

So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then on
the current Pootle server if possible first.

Note:

   1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
   we'd like to know that that works correctly.
   2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
   address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to clean
   those up in the old server.

So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Il 04/06/2015 13:40, Dwayne Bailey ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
> and we've fixed a few issues.
>
> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
> face before we migrate next week.
>
> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then on
> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>
> Note:
>
>     1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
>     we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>     2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
>     address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to clean
>     those up in the old server.
>
> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

Login system worked correctly for me.

Ciao

--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Den 04.06.2015 21:24, Valter Mura skreiv:

> Il 04/06/2015 13:40, Dwayne Bailey ha scritto:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite
>> robust
>> and we've fixed a few issues.
>>
>> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
>> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
>> face before we migrate next week.
>>
>> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
>> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix
>> then on
>> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>>
>> Note:
>>
>>     1. Require email validation - the new server requires email
>> validation,
>>     we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>>     2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one
>> email
>>     address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like
>> to clean
>>     those up in the old server.
>>
>> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.
>>
> Login system worked correctly for me.
>
> Ciao
My login on both the old and the new Pootle server works as expected. No
problems at all.
Kolbjoern

Donald Rogers Donald Rogers

On 04/06/15 23:40, Dwayne Bailey wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
> and we've fixed a few issues.
>
> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
> face before we migrate next week.
>
> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then on
> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>
> Note:
>
>    1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
>    we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>    2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
>    address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to clean
>    those up in the old server.
>
> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

I successfully logged in after I received the link by email. I then
edited a few strings. All OK.

Donaldo

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Hi Dwayne/Sophie,

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
> and we've fixed a few issues.
>
> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
> face before we migrate next week.
>
> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then on
> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>
> Note:
>
>    1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
>    we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>    2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
>    address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to clean
>    those up in the old server.
>
> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

Login works as expected after clicking confirmation link.

1. Most Contributor Feature MISSING
On the Language Dashboard, in previous version of pootle, We can see the
most contributor of projects as a summary like below. It is really required
for the team to understand who contributed mostly :-)

Most Contributor
Suggestions Reviews Submissions
shunmugachamyv
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/> 1370
tamiliam <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/tamiliam/>
1402 thangamaniarun
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/thangamaniarun/>
12379 unknown 116 shunmugachamyv
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/> 1154
tamiliam <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/tamiliam/>
11427 kavinyar89
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/kavinyar89/> 64
thangamaniarun
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/thangamaniarun/> 266
shkumar <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shkumar/>
1883 priyanarayan
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 53
iamk_karthik
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/iamk_karthik/> 31
shunmugachamyv
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/> 439
elanttamil
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/elanttamil/> 44
priyanarayan
<https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 1
unknown 203

Kindly review my request, reply with your comments.

2. Language Specific Instructions are shown as ?????? instead of Tamil
letters. Please verify it.
@ https://translations-test.documentfoundation.org/ta/android/ta.po

Thanks
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

On 5 June 2015 at 00:20, அருண் குமார் - Arun Kumar <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Dwayne/Sophie,

>> Hi All,
>>
>> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
>> and we've fixed a few issues.
>>
>> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
>> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
>> face before we migrate next week.
>>
>> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
>> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then
>> on
>> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>>
>> Note:
>>
>>    1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
>>    we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>>    2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
>>    address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to
>> clean
>>    those up in the old server.
>>
>> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.
>>

> Login works as expected after clicking confirmation link.

Thanks.  And thanks to all those who've tested and confirmed.

> 1. Most Contributor Feature MISSING
> On the Language Dashboard, in previous version of pootle, We can see the
> most contributor of projects as a summary like below. It is really required
> for the team to understand who contributed mostly :-)

Yes we removed that feature.  We can see more detailed contributions by
each user now but we're still working on bringing back a language view of
contributions. We think we can do much better than the old contributor list
which is why we've let it go.

On 5 June 2015 at 14:40, Dwayne Bailey <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/thangamaniarun/>
>> 266 shkumar
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shkumar/> 1883
>> priyanarayan
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 53
>> iamk_karthik
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/iamk_karthik/> 31
>> shunmugachamyv
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/>
>> 439 elanttamil
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/elanttamil/> 44
>> priyanarayan
>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 1
>> unknown 203
>>
>> Kindly review my request, reply with your comments.
>>
>> 2. Language Specific Instructions are shown as ?????? instead of Tamil

Correct.  The migration had some issues related to database encodings.
We'll fix that when we do the real migration.  So don't worry we're aware
of it. I just didn't want to have to remigrate to fix that issue for
testing.

--
Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

>>> Login works as expected after clicking confirmation link.
>>>

>> Thanks.  And thanks to all those who've tested and confirmed.
>>

>>> 1. Most Contributor Feature MISSING
>>> On the Language Dashboard, in previous version of pootle, We can see the
>>> most contributor of projects as a summary like below. It is really required
>>> for the team to understand who contributed mostly :-)
>>>

>> Yes we removed that feature.  We can see more detailed contributions by
>> each user now but we're still working on bringing back a language view of
>> contributions. We think we can do much better than the old contributor list
>> which is why we've let it go.

I feel same feature with better interface required. I hope you bring back
better one :-)

>>> Most Contributor
>>> Suggestions Reviews Submissions
>>> shunmugachamyv
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/>
>>> 1370 tamiliam
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/tamiliam/> 1402
>>> thangamaniarun
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/thangamaniarun/>
>>> 12379 unknown 116 shunmugachamyv
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/>
>>> 1154 tamiliam
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/tamiliam/> 11427
>>> kavinyar89
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/kavinyar89/> 64
>>> thangamaniarun
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/thangamaniarun/>
>>> 266 shkumar
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shkumar/> 1883
>>> priyanarayan
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 53
>>> iamk_karthik
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/iamk_karthik/> 31
>>> shunmugachamyv
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/shunmugachamyv/>
>>> 439 elanttamil
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/elanttamil/> 44
>>> priyanarayan
>>> <https://translations.documentfoundation.org/accounts/priyanarayan/> 1
>>> unknown 203
>>>
>>> Kindly review my request, reply with your comments.
>>>
>>> 2. Language Specific Instructions are shown as ?????? instead of Tamil
>>> letters. Please verify it.
>>> @ https://translations-test.documentfoundation.org/ta/android/ta.po
>>>

> Correct.  The migration had some issues related to database encodings.
> We'll fix that when we do the real migration.  So don't worry we're aware
> of it. I just didn't want to have to remigrate to fix that issue for
> testing.

Thanks for your information & support.

Thanks & Regards

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle test server - you absolutely must try to login

Il 04/06/2015 13:40, Dwayne Bailey ha scritto:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks so much for the testing so far.  The server has proved quite robust
> and we've fixed a few issues.
>
> We've made one last change which is an improvement to the login system.
> It's quite a large change and ideally we'd like to know what problems we
> face before we migrate next week.
>
> So if you currently have a login on the current Pootle server please try
> login on the new one.  We expect some problems and we'd like to fix then on
> the current Pootle server if possible first.
>
> Note:
>
>     1. Require email validation - the new server requires email validation,
>     we'd like to know that that works correctly.
>     2. Only one email - you can only have one account linked to one email
>     address in our current setup.  If you have duplicates we'd like to clean
>     those up in the old server.
>
> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

Hi Dwayne

I use to delete words by ctrl+canc, but if I use this combination in
Pootle inside a string, the command leads me to the next string, instead.

I work from Linux (Firefox). Is it possible to check and arrange this
problem?

Same problem in old and new Pootle.

TIA, regards,

Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 Jean-Baptiste Faure-3

Le 04/06/2015 13:40, Dwayne Bailey a écrit :
> Hi All,
> [...]
> So please one last round of testing to exercise the login system.

Login system worked as expected for me.

Thank you very much for this new version of Pootle.

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.