[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle translation memory

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

[libreoffice-l10n] Pootle translation memory

Hi

I notice that, a recently translated string does not immediately show as
a suggestion of Pootle TM. Some paragraphs of Help content are very
similar, I'd like to have a previous translated one available as
suggestion and save typing time.

On offline tools (like Lokalize), a translated string is used as TM at
once, for the next string, if applicable.

Further, it does affect the way we organize and write the documentation
and help contents, where repetitions are supposed to be easily solved by
translators because of the TM. That does not seems to be the case for
Pootle.

Any settings to tweak in Pootle or in my login?
Thanks

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle translation memory

Hi Olivier, *,

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Olivier Hallot
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I notice that, a recently translated string does not immediately show as
> a suggestion of Pootle TM.

elasticsearch based pootle-local translation memory is being worked on
at the moment.

ciao
Christian

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Dne 12.1.2017 v 22:20 Christian Lohmaier napsal(a):
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Olivier Hallot
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I notice that, a recently translated string does not immediately show as
>> a suggestion of Pootle TM.
>
> elasticsearch based pootle-local translation memory is being worked on
> at the moment.

what does it mean? I see no suggestions from local TM, only the first
three strings taken from amagama-live.translatehouse.org - so the state
is still the same as few weeks ago when we reported the missing TM [1].

Best regards,
Stanislav

[1] http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg10605.html

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Pootle translation memory

Hi

Sorry for top posting.
That means that Dwayne and Cloph are currently working on solving this
issue.
I've sent the feedback sent on the list about the problems you encountered
after the migration and the upgrade. Dwayne together with Cloph are solving
them, but it may take some times for some of the problems.
Sorry again for the inconveniences, but rest assured that we are taking
care of your feedback.
Cheers
Sophie

Le 12 janv. 2017 22:30, "Stanislav Horáček" <[hidden email]> a
écrit :

Hi,

Dne 12.1.2017 v 22:20 Christian Lohmaier napsal(a):

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 7:52 PM, Olivier Hallot

> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> I notice that, a recently translated string does not immediately show as
>> a suggestion of Pootle TM.
>>

> elasticsearch based pootle-local translation memory is being worked on
> at the moment.

what does it mean? I see no suggestions from local TM, only the first three
strings taken from amagama-live.translatehouse.org - so the state is still
the same as few weeks ago when we reported the missing TM [1].

Best regards,
Stanislav

[1] http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg10605.html

deleted