[libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

[libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hey

First of all I would inform you that Pootle can't search strings. Yes, I
know that you know but I got impression that nobody takes care of it.

Second one. Anyone report "lost" or "mixed" translations? In LO 4.0 "~Wrap
text automatically" means "Za~wijaj tekst automatycznie" (correctly), but
the same word in LO 4.1 mean "Podział ~wiersza".

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/libo40x_ui/pl/cui/source/tabpages.po
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/libo_ui/pl/cui/source/tabpages.po

I can't check history of string/translation because of lacks in searching
function.

Thirdly. I found string only thanks Apache OpenOffice's Pootle server.
Probably I can spend whole life searching this string in /sc folder (in
fact, there is in /cui)

And last but not least. I have trouble with upload *.po file. I select new
file and choose "Merge the file with the current file and turn conflicts
into suggestions" option and "Upload to: tabpages.so" or "Upload to:
------" (is it superior folder?). In both case updated file is not
uploaded. There is no suggestion as well.

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Problem with upload updated file

> Thirdly. I found string only thanks Apache OpenOffice's Pootle server.
> Probably I can spend whole life searching this string in /sc folder (in
> fact, there is in /cui)
>
> And last but not least. I have trouble with upload *.po file. I select new
> file and choose "Merge the file with the current file and turn conflicts
> into suggestions" option and "Upload to: tabpages.so" or "Upload to:
> ------" (is it superior folder?). In both case updated file is not
> uploaded. There is no suggestion as well.

Now I see these strings are commented and proper content has been moved
/cui/uiconfig/ui.po

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/cui/uiconfig/ui.po/translate/#unit=40164892

(fixed anyway)

Anyhow, I hope our new translations won't lost during next conversions.

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hi Maeusz
On 03/06/2013 20:52, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:
> Hey
>
> First of all I would inform you that Pootle can't search strings. Yes, I
> know that you know but I got impression that nobody takes care of it.

Ha, I was under the same impression today, but I'm not used to search on
Pootle so I thought it was just me. Anybody else can confirm so we can
find the issue ?

> Second one. Anyone report "lost" or "mixed" translations? In LO 4.0 "~Wrap
> text automatically" means "Za~wijaj tekst automatycznie" (correctly), but
> the same word in LO 4.1 mean "Podział ~wiersza".

It seems I've got some issues with "Add" but was not sure of it either,
need to check when I've more time

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/libo40x_ui/pl/cui/source/tabpages.po
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/libo_ui/pl/cui/source/tabpages.po
>
> I can't check history of string/translation because of lacks in searching
> function.
>
> Thirdly. I found string only thanks Apache OpenOffice's Pootle server.
> Probably I can spend whole life searching this string in /sc folder (in
> fact, there is in /cui)
>
> And last but not least. I have trouble with upload *.po file. I select new
> file and choose "Merge the file with the current file and turn conflicts
> into suggestions" option and "Upload to: tabpages.so" or "Upload to:
> ------" (is it superior folder?). In both case updated file is not
> uploaded. There is no suggestion as well.

Your next mail seems to say that you have solve this.
If you're under Linux, a grep -E -R -i -n in the directory of your LibO
files could help you to find any word/string where ever they are and
will indicate the string/word, the directory, the file, and the line
number in the file.

Kind regards
Sophie

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hey Sophie

Thanks for your advice. I found what I needed.

I would like to ask one more question.

I just downloaded new daily build to check reported bugs. They, of course,
aren't fixed but that is not major. Although we didn't get LO 4.1 beta2
yet, I noticed someone updated our translations. I checked Options window
and I am a bit amazed. There are a few windows which are untranslated.
Moreover these windows remember "Sun Microsystem era" and no one from
Polish LoCo Team touched these strings. So why aren't they updated such as
a rest of software?

E.g.: Options > LibreOffice Writer > View / Printing; LibreOffice
Writer/Web > View / Printing.

We also have untranslated strings from new Dock Elements from Math because
of lack these string in Pootle!

But the worst thing is systematic messing up our work. I really hate
"Widget layout" and all manner of problems related with it. Polish language
is much more complicated than English and when developers move something,
later I got 4 suggests and I don't know what to choose. I must find string
within UI and compare it with older branch! It took too many times for me.

And it's not end of problems. In some cases, after this "superb-Widget
layout-changes", server chose one word from list of 4 suggestions and it
chose badly! I am trying correct it but why - to be honest - should I fight
with windmills?

Stupid thing such as prefixes in Page windows were applied automatically,
without human control and now I am not sure what I should change.

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/05/Screenshot.png

2 words (Left, Right) I found in sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui.po. Another one
(Top, Bottom) I found in cui/uiconfig/ui.po.

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=31494071
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=40164813

Of course I can change it (and I do if someone can confirm that strings
from two different folders are located side by side in user's window...)
but I would to know, how long this creepy situation will last? I see there
(inside .po files) many commented rows. It all mean "translators wasted
their effort". Recently I am thinking that with every new LibreOffice
release, this office suit is less friendly for normal user (non
anglophones). Such as developers has QA team, we also take care for quality
of translations but this damned Widget layout destroy everything. Not in
one moment, but by taking small pieces of our work every 6 months.

Finally. Developers should realize that there are country where people are
really lazy. LibreOffice in Poland is very popular so far, but our team
consist from 2 guys. Me and another one (don't believe in list on wiki).
When I or my cooperator drop this project I think TDF might lose users. Not
immediately but everything will proceed with times.

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hi Mateusz,
On 05/06/2013 22:08, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:

> Hey Sophie
>
> Thanks for your advice. I found what I needed.
>
> I would like to ask one more question.
>
> I just downloaded new daily build to check reported bugs. They, of course,
> aren't fixed but that is not major. Although we didn't get LO 4.1 beta2
> yet, I noticed someone updated our translations. I checked Options window
> and I am a bit amazed. There are a few windows which are untranslated.
> Moreover these windows remember "Sun Microsystem era" and no one from
> Polish LoCo Team touched these strings. So why aren't they updated such as
> a rest of software?

For your first point, Andras is updated the file on Pootle against the
template before git integration. May be you need to upload your
translation again, I've done the same. Nothing is lost, it's only that
your local files don't match the template in Pootle.

> E.g.: Options > LibreOffice Writer > View / Printing; LibreOffice
> Writer/Web > View / Printing.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to say, you mean you've
translated it and it's no more on Pootle?

> We also have untranslated strings from new Dock Elements from Math because
> of lack these string in Pootle!

It's in Pootle, I've translated this string, and if I remember well,
it's [Elements Dock]. I can't log in Pootle for the moment but I'll try
to find the string this evening.

> But the worst thing is systematic messing up our work. I really hate
> "Widget layout" and all manner of problems related with it. Polish language
> is much more complicated than English and when developers move something,
> later I got 4 suggests and I don't know what to choose. I must find string
> within UI and compare it with older branch! It took too many times for me.

I'm afraid we are all in the same case. Don't hesitate to add comments
on your strings to keep as much as context you need to make the choice.

> And it's not end of problems. In some cases, after this "superb-Widget
> layout-changes", server chose one word from list of 4 suggestions and it
> chose badly! I am trying correct it but why - to be honest - should I fight
> with windmills?

Your translation should not be changed once you've done it. If this is
so, there is an issue somewhere that we have to narrow and fix. The move
to the new .ui files is necessary to get a better product (what we all
want for our users :) and this represent some extra work for us too.
Andras, do you have an explanation or something we can correct for this
mess of strings?

> Stupid thing such as prefixes in Page windows were applied automatically,
> without human control and now I am not sure what I should change.
>
> http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/05/Screenshot.png

yes, I can see what you mean.

> 2 words (Left, Right) I found in sw/uiconfig/swriter/ui.po. Another one
> (Top, Bottom) I found in cui/uiconfig/ui.po.
>
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=31494071
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/libo_ui/translate.html#unit=40164813
>
> Of course I can change it (and I do if someone can confirm that strings
> from two different folders are located side by side in user's window...)
> but I would to know, how long this creepy situation will last? I see there
> (inside .po files) many commented rows. It all mean "translators wasted
> their effort". Recently I am thinking that with every new LibreOffice
> release, this office suit is less friendly for normal user (non
> anglophones). Such as developers has QA team, we also take care for quality
> of translations but this damned Widget layout destroy everything. Not in
> one moment, but by taking small pieces of our work every 6 months.

I understand your frustration, I feel sometime the same, but I think
this move will be a really better situation for our users. In French
there is several dialogs where the strings are truncated because our
language use long words and much more words than in English. Several
languages are in the same case so it's really a plus for them.

> Finally. Developers should realize that there are country where people are
> really lazy. LibreOffice in Poland is very popular so far, but our team
> consist from 2 guys. Me and another one (don't believe in list on wiki).
> When I or my cooperator drop this project I think TDF might lose users. Not
> immediately but everything will proceed with times.

Please don't give up. I'm alone to translate the software in French even
if most of our administration is using it, so you see French are also
very lazy :)
This is a difficult period for us, there is several things we can
optimize and correct. And we will do it. You know that we will have a
conference in Italy, I'll speak with the developers about our situation
and we will try to find solutions (more builds, more time, etc.). We
don't want to see our localizers go away, definitely not, we are proud
of their work and I'm happy to have you all around me.
I'll need is a clear description of all what we need to not forget anything.
Kind regards
Sophie

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

> > E.g.: Options > LibreOffice Writer > View / Printing; LibreOffice
> > Writer/Web > View / Printing.
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you want to say, you mean you've
> translated it and it's no more on Pootle?
> >
> > We also have untranslated strings from new Dock Elements from Math
> because
> > of lack these string in Pootle!

Hey.

These windows were translated by Sun Microsystem and until now they were
translated in user interface as well.

> It's in Pootle, I've translated this string, and if I remember well,
> it's [Elements Dock]. I can't log in Pootle for the moment but I'll try
> to find the string this evening.

Maybe everything come out into the open after beta2 release.

I understand your frustration, I feel sometime the same, but I think
> this move will be a really better situation for our users. In French
> there is several dialogs where the strings are truncated because our
> language use long words and much more words than in English. Several
> languages are in the same case so it's really a plus for them.

We have exactly the same problem and I am still wondering how it might be
better for our users. Even grabbing bottom border of windows and pulling it
down don't help. Text ought wrap itself automatically.

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/06/master_password.png

Konrad K. Konrad K.

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

And why LO 4.1 is ugly?

AOO 4.0 (Calc) -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjoe058yghyzjdf/AOO 4.0_1.png?m
LO 4.1 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d9q24z7xp4erbn/LO 4.1_1.png?m

AOO 4.0 (Options) -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpykiizshusbknl/AOO4.0_2.png?m
LO 4.1 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzbi5qp116dpfzg/LO 4.1_2.png?m

Kubuntu 12.04 32bit

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hi :)
Is it just that it's early in it's cycle?  Don't they all look like Win98 apps at this stage in the beta-testing process?

Fitoschido Fitoschido

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Konrad K. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> And why LO 4.1 is ugly?
>
> AOO 4.0 (Calc) -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjoe058yghyzjdf/AOO 4.0_1.png?m
> LO 4.1 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d9q24z7xp4erbn/LO 4.1_1.png?m
>
> AOO 4.0 (Options) -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpykiizshusbknl/AOO4.0_2.png?m
> LO 4.1 -> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzbi5qp116dpfzg/LO 4.1_2.png?m

First, this mailing list is not for those kind of issues, this is
__l10n__. Second, your links are 404ing anyway, and I can't see them.
Third, your tone reads like complaining.

Regards.

--
Adolfo

sophi sophi

On 06/06/2013 11:39, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:

>>> E.g.: Options > LibreOffice Writer > View / Printing; LibreOffice
>>> Writer/Web > View / Printing.
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand what you want to say, you mean you've
>> translated it and it's no more on Pootle?
>>>
>>> We also have untranslated strings from new Dock Elements from Math
>> because
>>> of lack these string in Pootle!
>>

> Hey.
>
> These windows were translated by Sun Microsystem and until now they were
> translated in user interface as well.
>

>> It's in Pootle, I've translated this string, and if I remember well,
>> it's [Elements Dock]. I can't log in Pootle for the moment but I'll try
>> to find the string this evening.
>>

> Maybe everything come out into the open after beta2 release.

Sorry, I didn't find time to search the string, did you get it now ?

> I understand your frustration, I feel sometime the same, but I think
>> this move will be a really better situation for our users. In French
>> there is several dialogs where the strings are truncated because our
>> language use long words and much more words than in English. Several
>> languages are in the same case so it's really a plus for them.
>>

> We have exactly the same problem and I am still wondering how it might be
> better for our users. Even grabbing bottom border of windows and pulling it
> down don't help. Text ought wrap itself automatically.
>
> http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/06/master_password.png

For me a warning where the text is truncated is clearly a big bug...
that I will report tomorrow :)
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier <[hidden email]>
Tel:+33683901545

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

The links have spaces in them which haven't converted to %20s.  Try these links instead
AOO  Calc  https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjoe058yghyzjdf/AOO%204.0_1.png?m
LO4.1 Calc  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d9q24z7xp4erbn/LO%204.1_1.png?m

AOO  Options https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpykiizshusbknl/AOO%204.0_2.png?m
LO4.1 Options https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzbi5qp116dpfzg/LO%204.1_2.png?m

Spaces and underscores are unreliable in urls

>________________________________

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hi Tom,
On 07/06/2013 21:53, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> The links have spaces in them which haven't converted to %20s.  Try these links instead
> AOO  Calc  https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjoe058yghyzjdf/AOO%204.0_1.png?m
> LO4.1 Calc  https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d9q24z7xp4erbn/LO%204.1_1.png?m
>
> AOO  Options https://www.dropbox.com/s/wpykiizshusbknl/AOO%204.0_2.png?m
> LO4.1 Options https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzbi5qp116dpfzg/LO%204.1_2.png?m
>
> Spaces and underscores are unreliable in urls

We don't care anyway, Aldoflo said it all: it's not the right list for
that sort of complain.

Kind regards
Sophie

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

I think Sophie dealt with this already.  That is due to a lack of desktop integration at this early stage of beta-testing?

Is this issue related to the other thread where the dialogue-box's warning gets truncated?  I thought the devs were putting in a lot of work to make the dialogues auto-magically resize according to their contents = so that each one  would be smaller for some languages than others.  Also i thought they were working at making the words in the dialogues selectable so that they could be copy&pasted into forums and mailing lists and stuff when asking for help.

So, the devs might be very interested to hear it's all going a bit wrong at the moment and they might be able to do something fairly simple to fix it.

sophi sophi

On 07/06/2013 22:02, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :) I think Sophie dealt with this already.  That is due to a lack
> of desktop integration at this early stage of beta-testing?

Who are you answering to ?

> Is this issue related to the other thread where the dialogue-box's
> warning gets truncated?  I thought the devs were putting in a lot of
> work to make the dialogues auto-magically resize according to their
> contents = so that each one  would be smaller for some languages than
> others.  Also i thought they were working at making the words in the
> dialogues selectable so that they could be copy&pasted into forums
> and mailing lists and stuff when asking for help.
>

> So, the devs might be very interested to hear it's all going a bit
> wrong at the moment and they might be able to do something fairly
> simple to fix it. Regards from

If you have time to spend on the l10n list, so please be useful to our
group, your comment currently is not, we know how to deal with this sort
of issues. For example you could proof read the en_US help files so we
don't have to guess the meaning and save us the time to report the bugs
we think we found. Or report this evening that warning in a security
dialog I mentioned to report tomorrow.

Kind regards
Sophie

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

>>> It's in Pootle, I've translated this string, and if I remember well,
>>> it's [Elements Dock]. I can't log in Pootle for the moment but I'll try
>>> to find the string this evening.
>>>

>> Maybe everything come out into the open after beta2 release.
>
> Sorry, I didn't find time to search the string, did you get it now ?

Me neither. I hardly came back from FLOSS Congress and there was not
time for things like this. Anyway, tomorrow I go abroad and for first
week I'll have access to Internet only via smatphone. Later I won't
have access to Internet at all, so I assume these string will not be
ready for 4.1 stable release.

I was trying find it due to grep (thank You for this useful tool :-)
but only translated words were founded. Sorry, but TDF can blame only
yourself for this situation.

Ps. Fridrich wrote:

> (...) we set a tinderbox that produces in principle every day a build of the libreoffice-4-1 branch in the release configuration with all supported languages (src: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg06066.html)

I guess these langpacks are "old", right? Just installed build from
07.06.13 and can't see any changes. So tindebox is for QA testers, not
translators?

>> We have exactly the same problem and I am still wondering how it might be
>> better for our users. Even grabbing bottom border of windows and pulling it
>> down don't help. Text ought wrap itself automatically.
>>
>> http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/06/master_password.png
>>
> For me a warning where the text is truncated is clearly a big bug...
> that I will report tomorrow :)
> Cheers
> Sophie

Thanks a lot! I don't have much time lastly for bugreporting. Could
you add me do CC list in bug?

All the best!
Mateusz

Tom Tom

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

I was answering the person whose comments you snipped off from my reply.

sophi sophi

On 08/06/2013 12:06, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:

>>> Maybe everything come out into the open after beta2 release.
>>
>> Sorry, I didn't find time to search the string, did you get it now ?
>
> Me neither. I hardly came back from FLOSS Congress and there was not
> time for things like this. Anyway, tomorrow I go abroad and for first
> week I'll have access to Internet only via smatphone. Later I won't
> have access to Internet at all, so I assume these string will not be
> ready for 4.1 stable release.
>
> I was trying find it due to grep (thank You for this useful tool :-)
> but only translated words were founded. Sorry, but TDF can blame only
> yourself for this situation.
I found them here :
libo_ui-fr/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI.po:21939:msgid
"Elements Dock"

#. NLHEi
#: MathCommands.xcu
msgctxt ""
"MathCommands.xcu\n"
"..MathCommands.UserInterface.Commands..uno:ElementsDockingWindow\n"
"Label\n"
"value.text"
msgid "Elements Dock"

> Ps. Fridrich wrote:
>
>> (...) we set a tinderbox that produces in principle every day a build of the libreoffice-4-1 branch in the release configuration with all supported languages (src: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg06066.html)
>
> I guess these langpacks are "old", right? Just installed build from
> 07.06.13 and can't see any changes. So tindebox is for QA testers, not
> translators?

I don't know, I don't have a windows machine.

>>> We have exactly the same problem and I am still wondering how it might be
>>> better for our users. Even grabbing bottom border of windows and pulling it
>>> down don't help. Text ought wrap itself automatically.
>>>
>>> http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/06/master_password.png
>>>
>> For me a warning where the text is truncated is clearly a big bug...
>> that I will report tomorrow :)
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>
> Thanks a lot! I don't have much time lastly for bugreporting. Could
> you add me do CC list in bug?

The bug is here
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65595
but BZ didn't let me add you in cc.

Cheers
Sophie

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Problem with upload updated file

Hey

Thank you for your effort but I meant these strings. When I grep there
are no results for these words (I mean, there are only translated
words and can't find new one)

http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/13/math_4.1_dock_elements.png

>> Thanks a lot! I don't have much time lastly for bugreporting. Could
>> you add me do CC list in bug?
>
> The bug is here
> https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=65595
> but BZ didn't let me add you in cc.

Solution doesn't work in my language. :<
What a pity!

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Mateusz Zasuwik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you for your effort but I meant these strings. When I grep there
> are no results for these words (I mean, there are only translated
> words and can't find new one)
>
> http://wstaw.org/m/2013/06/13/math_4.1_dock_elements.png

I found the the bug and I'll fix it today. I think we can reuse
existing translations.

Best regards,
Andras