[libreoffice-l10n] Proofing Tool GUI - Hyphenation support

Marco A.G. Pinto Marco A.G. Pinto

[libreoffice-l10n] Proofing Tool GUI - Hyphenation support

Hello!

Just to let the development community know that after five years
planning to add hyphenation support to Proofing Tool GUI, it is finally
implemented.

It took me just around a couple of weeks to have it ready since only now
I was told about the algorithm.

You can give it a try (PTG 3.0 - build 123) at:
www.proofingtoolgui.org

Don't hesitate to report any issues or give suggestions.

Thank you!

Kind regards,
     >Marco A.G.Pinto
Krunose Krunose

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Proofing Tool GUI - Hyphenation support

On 08.04.2018 23:36, Marco A.G. Pinto wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Just to let the development community know that after five years
> planning to add hyphenation support to Proofing Tool GUI, it is finally
> implemented.
>
> It took me just around a couple of weeks to have it ready since only now
> I was told about the algorithm.
>
> You can give it a try (PTG 3.0 - build 123) at:
> www.proofingtoolgui.org
>
> Don't hesitate to report any issues or give suggestions.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Kind regards,
>       >Marco A.G.Pinto
>         ----------------------

Great to hear. Defiantly something I'm gonna play with.

Just a quick question, aff files are currently not supported? How about
using AF feature as this is recommended in Hunspell's documentation
(Hunspell4.pdf). There's pop-up on open allowing user to set .aff aid
for English and Veneto but seams I can't add custom one.

How about supporting AFF files?

Thanks, Kruno

Marco A.G. Pinto Marco A.G. Pinto

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Proofing Tool GUI - Hyphenation support

Hello Kruno,

.AFF files are open in the first tab "Dictionary". When you open a .DIC
in "Dictionary", it opens also the .AFF.

Then, after opening a dictionary, you can go to the "Hyphenation" tab
and open an Hyphenation .DIC file.

The joining of both will allow you to derivate words in hyphenation or
even type words by hand.

I need to write the documentation for .aff AID :-(... In fact I need to
write a lot of documentation, not sure when I will have the time though...

In this version of PTG I did improve the user guide a lot, but it is not
enough for all uses.

Also, not all features of .AFF are supported, I did add "twofold" months
ago for Veneto or whatever it is called, but I haven't seen any
documentation for more complex decoding such as the Netherlands dictionary.

Open-source developing is a lifetime task, and I will try to keep on
improving all the projects I am involved on.

Thank you my friend,

Kind regards,
          ----------------------

Krunose Krunose

On 09.04.2018 12:22, Marco A.G. Pinto wrote:

> Hello Kruno,
>
> .AFF files are open in the first tab "Dictionary". When you open a .DIC
> in "Dictionary", it opens also the .AFF.
>
> Then, after opening a dictionary, you can go to the "Hyphenation" tab
> and open an Hyphenation .DIC file.
>
> The joining of both will allow you to derivate words in hyphenation or
> even type words by hand.
>
> I need to write the documentation for .aff AID :-(... In fact I need to
> write a lot of documentation, not sure when I will have the time though...
>
> In this version of PTG I did improve the user guide a lot, but it is not
> enough for all uses.
>
> Also, not all features of .AFF are supported, I did add "twofold" months
> ago for Veneto or whatever it is called, but I haven't seen any
> documentation for more complex decoding such as the Netherlands dictionary.
>
> Open-source developing is a lifetime task, and I will try to keep on
> improving all the projects I am involved on.
>
> Thank you my friend,
>
> Kind regards,
>          >Marco A.G.Pinto
>            ----------------------

Thank you for clarification. I also just started to write simple CLI
program that should do similar as PTG, but idea is just few days old and
I didn't progress a lot (if at all):

     https://github.com/krunose/hr-hunspell/tree/master/tools

I'm amateur in programming and can't do PureBasic (for now), but maybe I
could be helpful?

Kruno

Krunose Krunose

On 09.04.2018 14:50, Krunose wrote:
> On 09.04.2018 12:22, Marco A.G. Pinto wrote:
>> Hello Kruno,
>>
>> .AFF files are open in the first tab "Dictionary". When you open a .DIC
>> in "Dictionary", it opens also the .AFF.
>>
>> Then, after opening a dictionary, you can go to the "Hyphenation" tab
>> and open an Hyphenation .DIC file.

The thing is that Croatian dictionary is not using classes for
connecting words to classes, it rather uses AF feature and seams that
PTG is not handling that right.

Is that true?

Kruno

>> The joining of both will allow you to derivate words in hyphenation or
>> even type words by hand.
>>
>> I need to write the documentation for .aff AID :-(... In fact I need to
>> write a lot of documentation, not sure when I will have the time
>> though...
>>
>> In this version of PTG I did improve the user guide a lot, but it is not
>> enough for all uses.
>>
>> Also, not all features of .AFF are supported, I did add "twofold" months
>> ago for Veneto or whatever it is called, but I haven't seen any
>> documentation for more complex decoding such as the Netherlands
>> dictionary.
>>
>> Open-source developing is a lifetime task, and I will try to keep on
>> improving all the projects I am involved on.
>>
>> Thank you my friend,
>>
>> Kind regards,
>>          >Marco A.G.Pinto
>>            ----------------------
>

> Thank you for clarification. I also just started to write simple CLI
> program that should do similar as PTG, but idea is just few days old
> and I didn't progress a lot (if at all):
>
>     https://github.com/krunose/hr-hunspell/tree/master/tools
>
> I'm amateur in programming and can't do PureBasic (for now), but maybe
> I could be helpful?
>
> Kruno
>

>> On 09/04/2018 06:58, Krunose wrote:
>>> Great to hear. Defiantly something I'm gonna play with.
>>>
>>> Just a quick question, aff files are currently not supported? How
>>> about using AF feature as this is recommended in Hunspell's
>>> documentation (Hunspell4.pdf). There's pop-up on open allowing user to
>>> set .aff aid for English and Veneto but seams I can't add custom one.
>>>
>>> How about supporting AFF files?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Kruno

Marco A.G. Pinto Marco A.G. Pinto

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Proofing Tool GUI - Hyphenation support

Hi,

What is "FA feature"?

Could you send me the speller (.dic + .aff)?

I usually implement features with the help of users who send me spellers
and tell me what PTG should do.

Thanks!

Kind regards,