[libreoffice-l10n] Question re: Hungarian website

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

[libreoffice-l10n] Question re: Hungarian website

Hello,

Someone sent us the following suggestion for the Hungarian site -- any
feedback from native speakers? If it looks like a good idea, I can try
to change it...

----------

I just now found a SEO type in your hungarian download page url;
https://hu.libreoffice.org/letoeltes/
The "letoeltes" is not a valid hungarian word :) The correct word for
download is letöltés, so the correct SEO url can be this:
https://hu.libreoffice.org/letoltes/

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question re: Hungarian website

Hi Mike,

I get this question quite often. :-/ The URL was generated by SilverStripe,
from the title of the page, which is Letöltés (Download). SilverStripe
transliterated letter ö to oe, as per German rules.

Google search for "LibreOffice letöltés" gives this URL in the 1st place
for me. How can this be improved SEO-wise?

But in general, I don't care. You can change it. Of course, old URL should
be kept, in order not to break existing links.

Thanks and best regards,
Andras

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 5:05 PM Mike Saunders <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Someone sent us the following suggestion for the Hungarian site -- any
> feedback from native speakers? If it looks like a good idea, I can try
> to change it...
>
> ----------
>
> I just now found a SEO type in your hungarian download page url;
> https://hu.libreoffice.org/letoeltes/
> The "letoeltes" is not a valid hungarian word :) The correct word for
> download is letöltés, so the correct SEO url can be this:
> https://hu.libreoffice.org/letoltes/

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Question re: Hungarian website

Hi, Andras,

in Silverstripe you can manually change the URL of every page, just edit it
in the form of the page (top of the page settings).

Lp, m.