[libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek

[libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Hi,

please note that the feature freeze and commit deadline for 3.6.0-beta1
is today, July 4, 2012.

The plan is to create the libreoffice-3-6 branch on Tuesday. Then we
will make sure that it is buildable and usable and create the beta1 tag
on that branch. It will hopefully happen on Tuesday.

Please, let me know if you are late with a feature. It is possible to
wait few hours or one day.

Please, do not commit too incomplete or broken stuff. beta1 need to be
usable for testing. Note that there is still possibility to add late
features with 3 approvals from people with different affiliation.

The branch will be announced on the mailling list and in the irc
#libreoffice-dev channel title. Once we have the branch, please cherry
pick useful fixes from master there. We do not plan to merge between
the branches. So, we kindly ask everyone to keep master and the branch
in sync.

See also
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#3.6_release
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Criteria
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Branches

Best Regards,
Petr

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

On Mon, 2012-06-04 at 10:50 +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> please note that the feature freeze and commit deadline for 3.6.0-beta1
> is today, July 4, 2012.

Of course, this should be June 4, 2012.

I wonder who invented these two month names. Heh, more countries follow
this pattern and do similar confusion. For example these two months are
called in Czech "červen" and "červenec" ;-)

Best Regards,
Petr

Anton Meixome Anton Meixome

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

2012/6/4 Petr Mladek <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> please note that the feature freeze and commit deadline for 3.6.0-beta1
> is today, July 4, 2012.
>
> The plan is to create the libreoffice-3-6 branch on Tuesday. Then we
> will make sure that it is buildable and usable and create the beta1 tag
> on that branch. It will hopefully happen on Tuesday.
>
> Please, let me know if you are late with a feature. It is possible to
> wait few hours or one day.
>
> Please, do not commit too incomplete or broken stuff. beta1 need to be
> usable for testing. Note that there is still possibility to add late
> features with 3 approvals from people with different affiliation.

The hunspell dictionary for each language is concern too?

> The branch will be announced on the mailling list and in the irc
> #libreoffice-dev channel title. Once we have the branch, please cherry
> pick useful fixes from master there. We do not plan to merge between
> the branches. So, we kindly ask everyone to keep master and the branch
> in sync.
>

> See also
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan#3.6_release
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Release_Criteria
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Branches
>

> Best Regards,
> Petr

Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Blog about Galician Office Suite
Galician community OOo.org & LibO
http://blog.openoffice.gl

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Hi Anton,

2012/6/4 Anton Meixome <[hidden email]>:

> 2012/6/4 Petr Mladek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> please note that the feature freeze and commit deadline for 3.6.0-beta1
>> is today, July 4, 2012.
>>
>> The plan is to create the libreoffice-3-6 branch on Tuesday. Then we
>> will make sure that it is buildable and usable and create the beta1 tag
>> on that branch. It will hopefully happen on Tuesday.
>>
>> Please, let me know if you are late with a feature. It is possible to
>> wait few hours or one day.
>>
>> Please, do not commit too incomplete or broken stuff. beta1 need to be
>> usable for testing. Note that there is still possibility to add late
>> features with 3 approvals from people with different affiliation.
>
> The hunspell dictionary for each language is concern too?

You can add/update a dictionary any time, it is not code, and it is
not controversial.

Andras

Zeki Bildirici Zeki Bildirici

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Hi,

I think LibreOffice 3.6.x project on Pootle will be created over the
current translations of the 3.5.x series. If so, will it include the
suggesstions and comments from the current translations?

And one more thing, after creating 3.6.x branch there will be no sync
from 3.5.x series right?

Best regards,
Zeki

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2012.06.04. 20:06 keltezéssel, Zeki Bildirici írta:
> I think LibreOffice 3.6.x project on Pootle will be created over the
> current translations of the 3.5.x series. If so, will it include the
> suggesstions and comments from the current translations?

I'd love to migrate suggestions and comments but I don't know how to do
that. If you know, please send me a link to instructions.

> And one more thing, after creating 3.6.x branch there will be no sync
> from 3.5.x series right?

Yes, it is up to translators to keep translations in sync across
versions (in Pootle).

Best regards,
Andras

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

And Andras will also make an English sdf file for 3.6 beta1 :)

Lp, m.

2012/6/4 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> 2012.06.04. 20:06 keltezéssel, Zeki Bildirici írta:
>
>> I think LibreOffice 3.6.x project on Pootle will be created over the
>> current translations of the 3.5.x series. If so, will it include the
>> suggesstions and comments from the current translations?
>>

> I'd love to migrate suggestions and comments but I don't know how to do
> that. If you know, please send me a link to instructions.

Zeki Bildirici Zeki Bildirici

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

2012/6/4 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
> I'd love to migrate suggestions and comments but I don't know how to do
> that. If you know, please send me a link to instructions.

That's bad news :) We have over 3.000 words in the needs review cat.
How much time do we have?

Btw, i dont know is it the right topic, but the "hassugesstion" tag
browsing doesn't work for me anymore:
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/tr/libo35x_help/review.html

> Yes, it is up to translators to keep translations in sync across versions
> (in Pootle).

We will do our best, i hope :)

Regards,
Zeki

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Hi Martin and all,

I published a new sdf file and pot files for 3.6.
http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-pot/
http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-sdf/

I'll create libo-36x projects in Pootle soon, so we can officially
start translation.

Best regards,
Andras

2012/6/4 Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]>:

> And Andras will also make an English sdf file for 3.6 beta1 :)
>
> Lp, m.
>
> 2012/6/4 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2012.06.04. 20:06 keltezéssel, Zeki Bildirici írta:
>>
>>> I think LibreOffice 3.6.x project on Pootle will be created over the
>>> current translations of the 3.5.x series. If so, will it include the
>>> suggesstions and comments from the current translations?
>>>

>> I'd love to migrate suggestions and comments but I don't know how to do
>> that. If you know, please send me a link to instructions.

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Thanks, Andras.

lp, m.

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

2012/6/7 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
> I'll create libo-36x projects in Pootle soon, so we can officially
> start translation.

Hi all,

What is the death-line to finishing 3.6 translation?

Regards,
Joan Montané
Catalan L10N Team

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] REMINDER: 3.6 feature freeze and 3.6.0-beta1 release

Hi Joan,

2012/6/10 Joan Montané <[hidden email]>:
> 2012/6/7 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
>> I'll create libo-36x projects in Pootle soon, so we can officially
>> start translation.
>>

> Hi all,
>
> What is the death-line to finishing 3.6 translation?

There is no hard deadline, integration of translations is continous.
For 3.6.0 release the last time I'll take translations from Pootle 2
days before the final RC tag. We are weeks away from that. I'll send
warning messages to this mailing list.

Thanks,
Andras

Joan Montané Joan Montané

2012/6/10 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:
> There is no hard deadline, integration of translations is continous.
> For 3.6.0 release the last time I'll take translations from Pootle 2
> days before the final RC tag. We are weeks away from that. I'll send
> warning messages to this mailing list.

Thanks for info, Andras

Yours,
Joan Montané