[libreoffice-l10n] Remove "ca-valencia" suggestion on "ca" project

Joan Montané Joan Montané

[hidden email]>:

> Please describe this in a new thread and provide a concrete example.
> e.g.
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_ui/translate/sd/uiconfig/sdraw/ui.po#unit=109097151
> for example only has suggestions from ca

Hi Christian,

Currently two Catalan l10n projects are supported by LibreOffice. Catalan
"ca" and Catalan (Valencian) "ca-valencia". That's fine.

I translate using Pootle interface on "ca" project, and Pootle suggestion
engine works fine, but Pootle offers me both "ca" and "ca-valencia" strings
as suggestions on "ca" project. It's a pain for me accepting Pootle
suggestions, because I must avoid click on "ca-valencia" suggestion.

Samples [1] and [2],

On [1] sample, we use "Desa" as "ca" translation for English  "Save", but
"Guarda" as "ca-valencia" translation. Both translation are suggested.

On [2] sample, we use "Afegeix" as "ca" translation for English "Add", but
"Afig" as "ca-valencia" translation. Both translation are suggested.

So, Is there any way to use "ca" strings for suggestion only and remove
"ca-valencia" suggestions on "ca" project?

Regards,
Joan Montané

[1]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/shared/00.po#unit=108657847
[2]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/shared/autopi.po#unit=28373603

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Remove "ca-valencia" suggestion on "ca" project

Hi Joan,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:27 PM, Joan Montané <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [hidden email]>:
>
> [ca gets suggestions from ca-valencia]
> Samples [1] and [2],
>
> On [1] sample, we use "Desa" as "ca" translation for English  "Save", but
> "Guarda" as "ca-valencia" translation. Both translation are suggested.

Ah, ok, that's where the misunderstanding comes from - they are
suggestions from "ca", but that's a lie since they're actually
ca-valencia.

> [1]
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/shared/00.po#unit=108657847

The suggestions some from the remote translation memory in this case,
for example:

https://amagama-live.translatehouse.org/api/v1/en/ca/unit/?source=%3Cvariable%20id%3D%22landen%22%3EChoose%20%3Cswitchinline%20select%3D%22sys%22%3E%3Ccaseinline%20select%3D%22MAC%22%3E%3Cemph%3E%25PRODUCTNAME%20-%20Preferences%3C%2Femph%3E%3C%2Fcaseinline%3E%3Cdefaultinline%3E%3Cemph%3ETools%20-%20Options%3C%2Femph%3E%3C%2Fdefaultinline%3E%3C%2Fswitchinline%3E%3Cemph%3E%20-%20Load%2FSave%3C%2Femph%3E%3C%2Fvariable%3E&style=libreoffice

So it is nothing I myself can do, as amagama apparently doesn't know
about ca-valencia (well, it lists ca-valencia, but apparently it
stores everything into ca memory, when replacing /en/ca/ at the
beginning (from english to catalan) to use ca-valencia (or ca_valencia
or ca@valencia), the response is empty.

can also try with the manual form (as opposed to api meant for
processing with scripts :-) here:
https://amagama-live.translatehouse.org/
choose english as source, catalan as target and look for "save" → both
ca and ca-valencia matches, pick catalan-valencia as target and you
get no result.

Filed https://github.com/translate/amagama/issues/3209 for that.

So unless amagama returns more info (like additonal field that lists
the original language it came from) or fixes the problem itself,
nothing we can do about it unfortunately.

ciao
Christian