[libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento

Ace Suares (Suares & Co) Ace Suares (Suares & Co)

[libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento

Dear folks,

Chris Leonard asked me to ask you leadership of the Papiamento team as
no one is listed on the wiki.

Short background:

Papiamento is a language spoken by the inhabitants of Aruba, Curaçao and
Bonaire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papiamento

It's ISO code is pap

There are two different spellings, one for Aruba and one for the rest.
pap_AW for Aruba,
pap_CW for Curaçao
and I propose
pap_BQ for Bonaire since it has slight, but only very slight differences
from pap_CW

I did several projects regarding the language:
- releasing the first Content Management System with a manual and
interface in Papiamento (in 2003)
http://www.qwikzite.com/index.php?topic=papiamentu
- first open source spell checker (in 2011)
(http://opencuracao.com/2011/09/software-freedom-day-17-sept-2011/)
- development of locale (since 2012)
http://www.it46.se/afrigen/export/ooo/pap_CW.xml (might be not the
latest version!)
- coordination of translation of Sugar (OLPC) as part of a UNESCO funded
project (2013) (http://translate.sugarlabs.org/pap/)
- improving spell checker and locale as part of a UNESCO funded project
(2015) (URL will follow some day).

Over time, a small team has formed, consisting of Dr Marta Dijkhoff
(linguist), Mr. Manuel Ortega, Mr. Rendel Rosalia  and me.

For now, it would be great to receive leadership of the Papiamento team
in Libre Office, I would hope to delegate that role later, and also
would work to get a team from Aruba on board.

With regards, and open for suggestions or questions,

Ace Suares

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request For Papiamento

Hello Ace, and welcome onboard!

I've just granted you (user name acesuares) admin permissions on our pap
project in Pootle. I suppose we probably should treat one of the
dialects of Papiamento as base, you can choose which one. We can add
projects for other dialects whenever feasible.

As you can probably see, we only have Terminology currently enabled for
Papiamento. Other projects can be enabled as necessary, just send a
request to the mailing list. Please also add your team(s) to the wiki
page at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams, so that
potential future volunteers have a point of contact.

Regards, and have a good ride!
Rimas