[libreoffice-l10n] Request for comments with some terms

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

[libreoffice-l10n] Request for comments with some terms

I am translating lo-build.po these days, and there are some terms I do not
understand or confused and not know where the context is. Please help me.

I would like to know what they exactly mean and where I can find those
strings (Please use Writer > Edit menu > XXX to describe if you know where
it is.)

They are:

1. Distributed
2. Justify ==> There is a "justified" already, are they the same?
3. Repeat alignment ==> I know alignment, but "Repeat alignment"?
4. Ignore isolated pieces of length
5. Numbertext ==> To numberize  text or something else?
6. Watch Window
7. Toolbar for "*Graphite smart font*" features => What is Graphite smart
font?

And one more question, is "LanguageTool" translatable in "LanguageTool Open
Source language checker" string?

If the future version can have message context or comments for translation
strings, that will be very useful!
--
Sincerely,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for comments with some terms

Hi,

2010/10/23 Tseng, Cheng-Chia <[hidden email]>:
> 1. Distributed
> 2. Justify ==> There is a "justified" already, are they the same?
> 3. Repeat alignment ==> I know alignment, but "Repeat alignment"?

These strings are not used anywhere. I searched
http://opengrok.go-oo.org/ for their IDs and they are not referenced
from the source. Correct me, if I'm wrong...

> 4. Ignore isolated pieces of length

Tools - Options - LibreOffice Writer - Comparison
See also the help page for this panel.

See http://www.numbertext.org/

See http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/watchwindow

See http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/typo

> And one more question, is "LanguageTool" translatable in "LanguageTool Open
> Source language checker" string?

No, LanguageTool is the name of the extension.
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/languagetool

> If the future version can have message context or comments for translation
> strings, that will be very useful!

Unfortunately source file format currently does not support message
context or comments. Feel free to ask any time, it may be helpful for
other teams, too.

Best regards,
Andras

Valter Mura (Google Drive) Valter Mura (Google Drive)

In data sabato 23 ottobre 2010 09:00:13, Tseng, Cheng-Chia ha scritto:

> If the future version can have message context or comments for translation
> strings, that will be very useful!

+1

Maybe difficult to do, due to the vastity of the application and strings, but
very useful indeed.

--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Am 23.10.2010 09:36, schrieb Andras Timar:

>> 4. Ignore isolated pieces of length
>
> Tools - Options - LibreOffice Writer - Comparison
> See also the help page for this panel.

This panel has been disabled in the current beta, so will not be visible
to the user.

regards,

André

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Request for comments with some terms

Thanks, no wonder I did not find it in beta2.

2010/10/24 André Schnabel <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>

> Am 23.10.2010 09:36, schrieb Andras Timar:
>

>>  4. Ignore isolated pieces of length
>>>

>> Tools - Options - LibreOffice Writer - Comparison
>> See also the help page for this panel.
>>

> This panel has been disabled in the current beta, so will not be visible to
> the user.
>
> regards,
>
> André
>

> --
> E-mail to [hidden email] <l10n%[hidden email]> for

Sincerely,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng

andréb andréb

Valter Mura a écrit :

> In data sabato 23 ottobre 2010 09:00:13, Tseng, Cheng-Chia ha scritto:
>

>> If the future version can have message context or comments for translation
>> strings, that will be very useful!
>>
> +1
>
> Maybe difficult to do, due to the vastity of the application and strings, but
> very useful indeed.

I would be good to add the capability.
It can be gradually implemented afterwards, so no real difficulty there.
Perhaps trying to do a bit every time the context is questioned ?