[libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

kees538-2 kees538-2

[libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

I tried searching in Weblate.
I searched for the reference E6L2o.
In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
I did the following in weblate:
In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact English
words, because I see them in Dutch)
I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
I tick all the boxes.
I leave the rest unchanged.
I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)

Kind regards, Kees

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

So I'm guessing you can file a bug against Weblate to add a feature to
search in context.
Good point!
Yaron Shahrabani

<DevOps - Hebrew translator>

On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I tried searching in Weblate.
> I searched for the reference E6L2o.
> In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
> In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
> I did the following in weblate:
> In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact English
> words, because I see them in Dutch)
> I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
> I tick all the boxes.
> I leave the rest unchanged.
> I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)
>
> Kind regards, Kees

kees538-2 kees538-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

Where can I file a bug for Weblate?
Is that also bugzilla?

Yaron Shahrabani schreef op 06.10.2019 09:47:

> So I'm guessing you can file a bug against Weblate to add a feature to
> search in context.
> Good point!
> Yaron Shahrabani
>
> <DevOps - Hebrew translator>
>

> On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I tried searching in Weblate.
>> I searched for the reference E6L2o.
>> In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
>> In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
>> I did the following in weblate:
>> In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact
>> English
>> words, because I see them in Dutch)
>> I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
>> I tick all the boxes.
>> I leave the rest unchanged.
>> I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)
>>
>> Kind regards, Kees

Ilmari Lauhakangas Ilmari Lauhakangas

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues

But please check, if your wish is already covered by existing
search-related reports:
https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+search

Ilmari

[hidden email] kirjoitti 8.10.2019 klo 8.35:

> Where can I file a bug for Weblate?
> Is that also bugzilla?
>
> Yaron Shahrabani schreef op 06.10.2019 09:47:
>> So I'm guessing you can file a bug against Weblate to add a feature to
>> search in context.
>> Good point!
>> Yaron Shahrabani
>>
>> <DevOps - Hebrew translator>
>>

>> On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 10:38 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I tried searching in Weblate.
>>> I searched for the reference E6L2o.
>>> In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
>>> In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
>>> I did the following in weblate:
>>> In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact English
>>> words, because I see them in Dutch)
>>> I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
>>> I tick all the boxes.
>>> I leave the rest unchanged.
>>> I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)
>>>
>>> Kind regards, Kees

kees538-2 kees538-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

Thanks, I did file the request there

Ilmari Lauhakangas schreef op 08.10.2019 08:12:

> https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues
>
> But please check, if your wish is already covered by existing
> search-related reports:
> https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+search
>
> Ilmari
>
> [hidden email] kirjoitti 8.10.2019 klo 8.35:
>> Where can I file a bug for Weblate?
>> Is that also bugzilla?
>>
>> Yaron Shahrabani schreef op 06.10.2019 09:47:
>>> So I'm guessing you can file a bug against Weblate to add a feature
>>> search in context.
>>> Good point!
>>> Yaron Shahrabani
>>>
>>> <DevOps - Hebrew translator>

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

Hi Kees,

Le 06/10/2019 à 09:34, [hidden email] a écrit :
> I tried searching in Weblate.
> I searched for the reference E6L2o.
> In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
> In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
> I did the following in weblate:
> In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact English
> words, because I see them in Dutch)
> I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
> I tick all the boxes.

Why did you tick all the boxes when you know you search for a comment?

> I leave the rest unchanged.
> I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)

It will stay at your preferred language in the search box, but yes I
agree that it takes some time. I'll see with Cloph and Guilhem is there
is something we can do to speed up the process.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

Hi Yaron,
Le 06/10/2019 à 09:47, Yaron Shahrabani a écrit :
> So I'm guessing you can file a bug against Weblate to add a feature to
> search in context.

There is already a search for context strings, or did you mean something
else?
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Foundation coordinator
The Document Foundation

kees538-2 kees538-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Searching in Weblate

Hi Sophi

sophi schreef op 15.10.2019 15:16:

> Hi Kees,
>
> Le 06/10/2019 à 09:34, [hidden email] a écrit :
>> I tried searching in Weblate.
>> I searched for the reference E6L2o.
>> In Pootle I got a match after about 10 seconds
>> In Weblate it took several minutes and it found no match.
>> I did the following in weblate:
>> In the main window I went to Tools > Find (don’t know the exact
>> English
>> words, because I see them in Dutch)
>> I fill in the searched item in the box Find.
>> I tick all the boxes.
>
> Why did you tick all the boxes when you know you search for a comment?

I didn't know which one would do the trick

>> I leave the rest unchanged.
>> I chose my language. (it will be useful if my language is default)
>
> It will stay at your preferred language in the search box, but yes I
> agree that it takes some time. I'll see with Cloph and Guilhem is there
> is something we can do to speed up the process.

When you start searching you have to pick your lanquage first. It would
be nice if your language is default there.

Greetings, kees