[libreoffice-l10n] Strings [L] and [S] in optfltrembedpage.ui

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

[libreoffice-l10n] Strings [L] and [S] in optfltrembedpage.ui

Hi,

there are the String [L] and [S] in file optfltrembedpage.ui. What do
they refer to? What are they? Accesskeys or commandkeys? Can they be
translated?

Thanks.

Michael

Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Strings [L] and [S] in optfltrembedpage.ui

On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 15:36 +0200, Michael Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are the String [L] and [S] in file optfltrembedpage.ui. What
> do they refer to? What are they? Accesskeys or commandkeys? Can they
> be translated?

"Load" and "Save", the [L] and [S] should be the same as used in the
"[L]: Load and convert the object" and "[S]: Convert and save the
object" strings. This is visible in tools->options->Load/Save-

Michael Wolf Michael Wolf

Caolán McNamara schrieb:

> "Load" and "Save", the [L] and [S] should be the same as used in the
> "[L]: Load and convert the object" and "[S]: Convert and save the
> object" strings. This is visible in tools->options->Load/Save-
>> Microsoft Office

Hi Caolán,

thank you for your quick reply. So these strings are accesskeys.

I'm still dreaming of localization notes for LibreOffice localizers
anytime. :-)

On Fri, 2019-09-27 at 16:28 +0200, Michael Wolf wrote:
> thank you for your quick reply. So these strings are accesskeys.

They are a cheesy way to get narrow column titles for the checkbox
columns in the options page, with the prefix then repeated in the
longer strings which are used as explanatory keys shown underneath as
to what on early the aesthetically pleasing short columns might mean.

> I'm still dreaming of localization notes for LibreOffice localizers
> anytime. :-)

I'll add translator facing comments to this case with
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/79722/

IIRC the gettextizing of LibreOffice should mean such notes should
appear in the translator side.