[libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Mihovil Stanić Mihovil Stanić

[libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Hello,

How to add new words to terminology project?
Seams I can't do that any more (since pootle upgrade last year).

Best regards,
Mihovil

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Hi,

there is an option to download the .po file (by using the links in the
right sidebar in Pootle), edit it manually and upload it back to Pootle
- this works fine.

Best regards,
Stanislav

20.01.2016 u 18:25, Stanislav Horáček je napisao/la:

> Hi,
>
> there is an option to download the .po file (by using the links in the
> right sidebar in Pootle), edit it manually and upload it back to
> Pootle - this works fine.
>
> Best regards,
> Stanislav

Download of .po files isn't working:

"{õ_õ}
Server Error

A server error has occurred. Thank you for your patience.

Exception: Cannot serialize terminology stores"

Best regards,
Mihovil

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Hi Mihovil, *,

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM, Mihovil Stanić <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 20.01.2016 u 18:25, Stanislav Horáček je napisao/la:
> [...]
>> there is an option to download the .po file (by using the links in the
>> right sidebar in Pootle), edit it manually and upload it back to Pootle -
>> this works fine.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Stanislav
>>

> Download of .po files isn't working:
>
> "{õ_õ}
> Server Error
>
> A server error has occurred. Thank you for your patience.
>
> Exception: Cannot serialize terminology stores"

Again have to guess what language we are talking about :-/ , esp. when
it is about problems that are specific to one language (or only a few
languages).

Why is it so hard for everyone on this list to just copy and paste the
URL they were using?

Anyway, croatian is my guess, and can confirm the error. looking into it.

(so https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/?path=/hr/terminology/
or https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hr/terminology/ would
be appreciated for similar reports next time)

ciao
Christian

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Hi Mihovil,

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM, Mihovil Stanić <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> 20.01.2016 u 18:25, Stanislav Horáček je napisao/la:
>> [...]
>> A server error has occurred. Thank you for your patience.
>>
>> Exception: Cannot serialize terminology stores"
> [...]
> (so https://translations.documentfoundation.org/export/?path=/hr/terminology/
> or https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hr/terminology/ would
> be appreciated for similar reports next time)

This is a case for a bad/user-unfriendly error-message.

The hr terminology project only contains the auto-generated
pootle-terminology.po files - this cannot be downloaded/translated
offline. You have to add separate file(s) for that.

see also https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/3937

ciao
Christian

Mihovil Stanić Mihovil Stanić

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Terminology

Thank you. I guess I'll have to download some small file from master and
then edit it for terminology, since I don't know what kind of structure
.po files need.

Reffering to your other email, I actually wrote it's croatian locale in
first message, but it got trimmed down by Stanislav and me in replys.

Best regards,
Mihovil

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 3:26 PM, Mihovil Stanić <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you. I guess I'll have to download some small file from master and
> then edit it for terminology, since I don't know what kind of structure .po
> files need.

terminology has no matching stuff in the LO sources - it is purely aid
for translators, you see terminology matches to the left of the actual
translation.

So in other words: it is free-form.
(so downloading any po file from ui or help will do as a template for
the po file format)

> Reffering to your other email, I actually wrote it's croatian locale in
> first message, but it got trimmed down by Stanislav and me in replys.

sorry then, but jumping topics always is hard...

ciao
Christian