[libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

[libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

Can someone please test CONVERT function.
I can't get it to work.

=CONVERT(100;"ha";"m2")
This should work according to
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018496_715980110
But it isn't working...

I will report bug if noone can get it to work, but would not like to
rush it if I'm wrong.

Excel version of this formula is working without problems.
=CONVERT_ADD(100;"ha";"m2")

Best regards,
Mihovil

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

Not working her also.

Regards

2013/7/15 Mihovil Stanic <[hidden email]>

> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
> I can't get it to work.
>
> =CONVERT(100;"ha";"m2")
> This should work according to http://docs.oasis-open.org/**
> office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-**v1.2-os-part2.html#__**
> RefHeading__1018496_715980110<http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018496_715980110>
> But it isn't working...
>
> I will report bug if noone can get it to work, but would not like to rush
> it if I'm wrong.
>
> Excel version of this formula is working without problems.
> =CONVERT_ADD(100;"ha";"m2")
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil

Sérgio Marques

Christian Kühl-2 Christian Kühl-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

Hi Mihovil!

Am 15.07.2013 09:12, schrieb Mihovil Stanic:
> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
> I can't get it to work.
>
> =CONVERT(100;"ha";"m2")

Working here for 4.0.3 under deb x86 (german) with:
=UMWANDELN_ADD(100;"ha";"m2").

Which version are you using?

> This should work according to
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018496_715980110
>
> But it isn't working...
>
> I will report bug if noone can get it to work, but would not like to
> rush it if I'm wrong.
>
> Excel version of this formula is working without problems.
> =CONVERT_ADD(100;"ha";"m2")

Regards,
Christian.

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

I'm usingLO 4.1 RC2, but I also wrote down that excel version of formula
(CONVERT_ADD) is working, but not regular version.
Anyway, I'll report it and see how it goes.

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 16.7.2013. 8:05, Christian Kühl je napisao:

> Hi Mihovil!
>
> Am 15.07.2013 09:12, schrieb Mihovil Stanic:
>> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
>> I can't get it to work.
>>
>> =CONVERT(100;"ha";"m2")
>
> Working here for 4.0.3 under deb x86 (german) with:
> =UMWANDELN_ADD(100;"ha";"m2").
>
> Which version are you using?
>
>> This should work according to
>> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html#__RefHeading__1018496_715980110
>>

>> But it isn't working...
>>
>> I will report bug if noone can get it to work, but would not like to
>> rush it if I'm wrong.
>>
>> Excel version of this formula is working without problems.
>> =CONVERT_ADD(100;"ha";"m2")
>
> Regards,
> Christian.

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Test CONVERT function

Good morning Christian, *,
On Dienstag, 16. Juli 2013 08:05 Christian Kühl wrote:
> Am 15.07.2013 09:12, schrieb Mihovil Stanic:
>> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
>> I can't get it to work.
>>
>> =CONVERT(100;"ha";"m2")
>
> Working here for 4.0.3 under deb x86 (german) with:
> =UMWANDELN_ADD(100;"ha";"m2").

shouldn't this be something like "=UMWANDELN_HINZUFÜGEN..." then?

> Which version are you using?

I can confirm, that with LO Version: 4.1.1.0.0+
Build ID: 6180917f2d8280f643b14a69abdca79d91820f8
TinderBox: Linux-x86_64@31-Release-Configuration-RHEL5-Baseline,
Branch:libreoffice-4-1, Time: 2013-07-13_21:08:52 and installed
Germanophone lang- as well as helppack under Debian Testing AMD64,
it works as well ... ;)
HTH
Thomas.
<TOFU removed>

--
Oh, well, I guess this is just going to be one of those lifetimes.

Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Test CONVERT function

Hi Mihovil,

On Monday, 2013-07-15 09:12:47 +0200, Mihovil Stanic wrote:

> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
> I can't get it to work.

Note that (due to legacy reasons, whatever) the UI visible CONVERT is
not the ODF CONVERT, but CONVERT_ADD is. They are two different
functions. Yes, this is confusing and it should be addressed in some
release.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack

Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: Test CONVERT function

Hi Thomas,

On Tuesday, 2013-07-16 09:05:05 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:

> > =UMWANDELN_ADD(100;"ha";"m2").
>
> shouldn't this be something like "=UMWANDELN_HINZUFÜGEN..." then?

The _ADD suffix stems from AddIn, as all functions that have the _ADD
suffix implement a function of the Analysis AddIn Pack where a function
with an identical name already existed in Calc core. I strongly suggest
for the German translation (and others) to stick with the _ADD suffix
that users know since years to not further complicate the matter.

Dana 16.7.2013. 19:48, Eike Rathke je napisao:

> Hi Mihovil,
>
> On Monday, 2013-07-15 09:12:47 +0200, Mihovil Stanic wrote:
>
>> Can someone please test CONVERT function.
>> I can't get it to work.
> Note that (due to legacy reasons, whatever) the UI visible CONVERT is
> not the ODF CONVERT, but CONVERT_ADD is. They are two different
> functions. Yes, this is confusing and it should be addressed in some
> release.
>
>    Eike

Well, I still don't understand why it's there if it's not working, but
atleast I'll not bug my self with it any more.

Best regards,
Mihovil

Thomas Hackert Thomas Hackert

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: Re: Test CONVERT function

Good morning Eike, *,
On Dienstag, 16. Juli 2013 19:59 Eike Rathke wrote:

> On Tuesday, 2013-07-16 09:05:05 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>
>> > =UMWANDELN_ADD(100;"ha";"m2").
>>
>> shouldn't this be something like "=UMWANDELN_HINZUFÜGEN..." then?
>
> The _ADD suffix stems from AddIn, as all functions that have the
> _ADD suffix implement a function of the Analysis AddIn Pack where
> a function with an identical name already existed in Calc core. I
> strongly suggest for the German translation (and others) to stick
> with the _ADD suffix that users know since years to not further
> complicate the matter.

OK, thanks for your explanation :) I was just confused, as it sounds
like an untranslated "Add" ... ;)
Thanks again
Thomas.

--
DON'T go!! I'm not HOWARD COSELL!! I know POLISH JOKES ... WAIT!!
Don't go!! I AM Howard Cosell! ... And I DON'T know Polish jokes!!

Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

On Tuesday, 2013-07-16 23:56:35 +0200, Mihovil Stanic wrote:

> >>Can someone please test CONVERT function.
> >>I can't get it to work.
> >Note that (due to legacy reasons, whatever) the UI visible CONVERT is
> >not the ODF CONVERT, but CONVERT_ADD is. They are two different
> >functions. Yes, this is confusing and it should be addressed in some
> >release.
> >
> >   Eike
> >
> Well, I still don't understand why it's there if it's not working,
> but atleast I'll not bug my self with it any more.

It works, but it is not an implementation of the ODFF CONVERT function
(which CONVERT_ADD is). It takes its conversion factors from the
configuration, predefined are the Euro conversions (the function
predates the EUROCONVERT function), but also others are possible. See
online help for 'CONVERT function', an example is
=CONVERT(100;"EUR";"DEM")