[libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Hi,

Impress Remote is an app for Android and iOS, that can be used to
remote control of an Impress presentation with an Android phone,
iPhone or iPad.

Release schedule of these apps is not in sync with release schedule of
LibreOffice. Also, later on their source code will be separated from
the main LibreOffice git repository. So it makes sense to handle their
localization separated from the main LibreOffice localization.

I created Impress Remote (Android) module in Pootle. Android platform
does not support all languages. I added only supported languages to
the project. Can you please translate the strings, a release is
approaching.

I will create the Impress Remote (iOS) project ASAP.

Thanks,
Andras

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

What's the difference between "libo_ui / android" folder and "android"
project?
Isn't that same app?

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 16.11.2013. 22:46, Andras Timar je napisao:

> Hi,
>
> Impress Remote is an app for Android and iOS, that can be used to
> remote control of an Impress presentation with an Android phone,
> iPhone or iPad.
>
> Release schedule of these apps is not in sync with release schedule of
> LibreOffice. Also, later on their source code will be separated from
> the main LibreOffice git repository. So it makes sense to handle their
> localization separated from the main LibreOffice localization.
>
> I created Impress Remote (Android) module in Pootle. Android platform
> does not support all languages. I added only supported languages to
> the project. Can you please translate the strings, a release is
> approaching.
>
> I will create the Impress Remote (iOS) project ASAP.
>
> Thanks,
> Andras

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Mihovil Stanic
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> What's the difference between "libo_ui / android" folder and "android"
> project?
> Isn't that same app?

Good day,
As I understand, the android folder will be moved out of libo_ui project.

Another question is that Android phone vendors provide localized
Android versions for some markets, while stock Android may lack
those locales. For example, here in Kazakhstan, most of Android phones
have Kazakh locale available.

Just for information,

Thanks

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Mihovil Stanic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> What's the difference between "libo_ui / android" folder and "android"
>> project?
>> Isn't that same app?
>
> Good day,
> As I understand, the android folder will be moved out of libo_ui project.

android folder in libo_ui is from libreoffice-4-1 branch. Next version
of the app will be released from master branch. When we will translate
LIbreOffice 4.2 UI, it will not contain android folder.

> Another question is that Android phone vendors provide localized
> Android versions for some markets, while stock Android may lack
> those locales. For example, here in Kazakhstan, most of Android phones
> have Kazakh locale available.

If you think that your language should be added, no problem, let me
know, and I will add it. I used this list:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973023/what-is-the-list-of-supported-languages-locales-on-android
But other languages may be supported, for example Estonian was not on
this list, and I added it today. It is known, however, that the apk
does not build with some language codes. Other than that, anything
goes.

Best regards,
Andras

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

I expected that much, but how do we transfer translation from old folder
to new?
It's 100% translated in LO 4.1.

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 17.11.2013 17:22, Andras Timar je napisao:

> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:24 PM, Mihovil Stanic
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> What's the difference between "libo_ui / android" folder and "android"
>>> project?
>>> Isn't that same app?
>> Good day,
>> As I understand, the android folder will be moved out of libo_ui project.
> android folder in libo_ui is from libreoffice-4-1 branch. Next version
> of the app will be released from master branch. When we will translate
> LIbreOffice 4.2 UI, it will not contain android folder.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Strings have changed so much, that you cannot transfer more than 1-2
words anyway. And total wordcount is 259.

Best regards,
Andras

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Mihovil Stanic
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I expected that much, but how do we transfer translation from old folder to
> new?
> It's 100% translated in LO 4.1.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> Dana 17.11.2013 17:22, Andras Timar je napisao:
>
>> On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>> Good day,
>>> As I understand, the android folder will be moved out of libo_ui project.
>>
>> android folder in libo_ui is from libreoffice-4-1 branch. Next version
>> of the app will be released from master branch. When we will translate
>> LIbreOffice 4.2 UI, it will not contain android folder.

Anton Meixome Anton Meixome

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Andras,

Can you setup galician too?

You know, Google Play Store is not available on my language but others
with free software and more cultural sensibility, have
it. Google Spain (Madrid) is blocking service in galician, since years)

My hope ... I'm talking f-droid repository

2013/11/18 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:

> Strings have changed so much, that you cannot transfer more than 1-2
> words anyway. And total wordcount is 259.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Mihovil Stanic
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I expected that much, but how do we transfer translation from old folder to
>> new?
>> It's 100% translated in LO 4.1.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mihovil
>>
>> Dana 17.11.2013 17:22, Andras Timar je napisao:

>>> android folder in libo_ui is from libreoffice-4-1 branch. Next version
>>> of the app will be released from master branch. When we will translate
>>> LIbreOffice 4.2 UI, it will not contain android folder.

>> deleted

Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Galician community LibO & AOO

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Hi all,

2013/11/18 Anton Meixome <[hidden email]>

> Andras,
>
> Can you setup galician too?
>
> You know, Google Play Store is not available on my language but others
> with free software and more cultural sensibility, have
> it. Google Spain (Madrid) is blocking service in galician, since years)
>
> My hope ... I'm talking f-droid repository

Android is a litle nightmare about locales supporting, and force tying
app's locale to OS locale is not the optimal solution, because user only
can select locales based on a list defined by device manufacturer. That's
is, same Android release (4.2) can show different locales based on
manufacturer (Samsung, LG, Sony...), or a locale currently supported wasn't
supported in older Android releases.

For sample. Catalan locale (ca-ES) is supported by Android upstream
project, but it's removed by some manufacturers and was'nt supported in
Android 2.x and 3.x releases, :((

IMHO, the best approach is add a drop-box select menu in "Impress remote
control" settings to allow customization of app's language menu. With this
option enabled we have two benefits:

1st.- "Impress Remote" language is not tied to Android language.
2nd.- Unsupported Android locales (or removed by manufacturer) can be
supported by "Impress Remote". Currently, only languages with 2 letters are
supported by resource packaging system. See [2].

Yours,

Joan Montané

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973023/what-is-the-list-of-supported-languages-locales-on-android
[2] http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=49120

Mateusz Zasuwik Mateusz Zasuwik

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Hey

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/android/translate.html#unit=41419252

Why there are 3 fields and should I put there "\n" at the end of row? When
I didn't, all words are in one line and it is not compatible with source
phrase.

2013/11/18 Joan Montané <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>
> 2013/11/18 Anton Meixome <[hidden email]>
>
>> Andras,
>>
>> Can you setup galician too?
>>
>> You know, Google Play Store is not available on my language but others
>> with free software and more cultural sensibility, have
>> it. Google Spain (Madrid) is blocking service in galician, since years)
>>
>> My hope ... I'm talking f-droid repository
>>

> Android is a litle nightmare about locales supporting, and force tying
> app's locale to OS locale is not the optimal solution, because user only
> can select locales based on a list defined by device manufacturer. That's
> is, same Android release (4.2) can show different locales based on
> manufacturer (Samsung, LG, Sony...), or a locale currently supported wasn't
> supported in older Android releases.
>
> For sample. Catalan locale (ca-ES) is supported by Android upstream
> project, but it's removed by some manufacturers and was'nt supported in
> Android 2.x and 3.x releases, :((
>
> IMHO, the best approach is add a drop-box select menu in "Impress remote
> control" settings to allow customization of app's language menu. With this
> option enabled we have two benefits:
>
> 1st.- "Impress Remote" language is not tied to Android language.
> 2nd.- Unsupported Android locales (or removed by manufacturer) can be
> supported by "Impress Remote". Currently, only languages with 2 letters are
> supported by resource packaging system. See [2].
>

> Yours,
>
> Joan Montané
>

> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973023/what-is-the-list-of-supported-languages-locales-on-android
> [2] http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=49120

+1
Reverse
In galician you can find manufactures as Sony and cable carriers like
-R- that offer galician versións of android, too.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Mateusz Zasuwik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey
>
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/android/translate.html#unit=41419252
>
> Why there are 3 fields and should I put there "\n" at the end of row? When
> I didn't, all words are in one line and it is not compatible with source
> phrase.

How many plural forms are there in Polish? Pootle thinks that there are 3.

Regards,
Andras

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

On that same example link, can you use %d in first sentence also?
In croatian 1, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61... use same plural form, so I can't
write Oneas word, it needs to be number.

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 18.11.2013 14:07, Andras Timar je napisao:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Mateusz Zasuwik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey
>>
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/android/translate.html#unit=41419252
>>
>> Why there are 3 fields and should I put there "\n" at the end of row? When
>> I didn't, all words are in one line and it is not compatible with source
>> phrase.
>>
> How many plural forms are there in Polish? Pootle thinks that there are 3.
>
> Regards,
> Andras

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Yes you can. English locale uses "one" instead of "%d", because because
that is the only case when that plural form is used. But you can always
use any placeholders you see in other plural forms of that same string.

Rimas

2013.11.18 15:20, Mihovil Stanic rašė:

> On that same example link, can you use %d in first sentence also?
> In croatian 1, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61... use same plural form, so I can't
> write Oneas word, it needs to be number.
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>

> Dana 18.11.2013 14:07, Andras Timar je napisao:
>> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Mateusz Zasuwik <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>> Hey
>>>
>>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/pl/android/translate.html#unit=41419252
>>>

>>> Why there are 3 fields and should I put there "\n" at the end of
>>> row? When
>>> I didn't, all words are in one line and it is not compatible with
>>> source
>>> phrase.
>>>
>> How many plural forms are there in Polish? Pootle thinks that there
>> are 3.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Andras

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Ok, thanks for answer.

Dana 18.11.2013. 19:41, Rimas Kudelis je napisao:

> Yes you can. English locale uses "one" instead of "%d", because
> because that is the only case when that plural form is used. But you
> can always use any placeholders you see in other plural forms of that
> same string.
>
> Rimas
>
> 2013.11.18 15:20, Mihovil Stanic rašė:
>> On that same example link, can you use %d in first sentence also?
>> In croatian 1, 21, 31, 41, 51, 61... use same plural form, so I can't
>> write Oneas word, it needs to be number.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Mihovil
>>

>> Dana 18.11.2013 14:07, Andras Timar je napisao:

>>> How many plural forms are there in Polish? Pootle thinks that there
>>> are 3.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andras

Sveinn í Felli-2 Sveinn í Felli-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

Þann sun 17.nóv 2013 16:22, skrifaði Andras Timar:

>> Another question is that Android phone vendors provide localized
>> >Android versions for some markets, while stock Android may lack
>> >those locales. For example, here in Kazakhstan, most of Android phones
>> >have Kazakh locale available.
>> >
> If you think that your language should be added, no problem, let me
> know, and I will add it. I used this list:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973023/what-is-the-list-of-supported-languages-locales-on-android
> But other languages may be supported, for example Estonian was not on
> this list, and I added it today. It is known, however, that the apk
> does not build with some language codes. Other than that, anything
> goes.
>
> Best regards,
> Andras

Since Samsung now ships their Android with Icelandic locale,
I request addition of Impress Remote to the Icelandic
project (is).
And let's have IR for IOS too, even if I don't really know
the status of my language in that environment.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Since Samsung now ships their Android with Icelandic locale, I request
> addition of Impress Remote to the Icelandic project (is).
> And let's have IR for IOS too, even if I don't really know the status of my
> language in that environment.

OK, done.

Cheers,
Andras

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Translation of Impress Remote mobile app

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > And let's have IR for IOS too, even if I don't really know the status of
> my
> > language in that environment.
>
> OK, done.

Hi Andras,

Could you add iOS project for Estonian too?

Best regards,
Mihkel
et team

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:31 AM, Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 8:51 AM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > And let's have IR for IOS too, even if I don't really know the status of
>> > my
>> > language in that environment.
>>
>> OK, done.
>

> Hi Andras,
>
> Could you add iOS project for Estonian too?

Done.

Cheers,
Andras