[libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team

Görkem Çetin Görkem Çetin

[libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team

Dear group members,

As before, we'll be taking care of Turkish localization and
internationalization of LibreOffice -

Best,

Görkem
OpenOffice.org Turkey

PS: My organization title and domain name are expected to be changed
in the near future. A step-by-step guide to "how to transform your
community from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice" would be great, btw.

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team

Welcome Görkem and the Turkish community! (And I forgot all the other one
s:
/me waves frantically to the subscribers of the list...)
About your PS: yes, it would be ideal, let's see if we can do that: but at
the same time we don't expect to have exactly the same things and tools tha
we had before...

Best,
Charles.

2010/10/5 Görkem Çetin <[hidden email]>

> Dear group members,
>
> As before, we'll be taking care of Turkish localization and
> internationalization of LibreOffice -
>
> Best,
>
> Görkem
> OpenOffice.org Turkey
>
> PS: My organization title and domain name are expected to be changed
> in the near future. A step-by-step guide to "how to transform your
> community from OpenOffice.org to LibreOffice" would be great, btw.
> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot b
> deleted.

Görkem Çetin Görkem Çetin

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Turkish localization team

Dear Charles,

You are right - on the other hand, when I wrote that, I was also thinking
about amending processes and transforming brands, e.g

- Writing an email to related mailing lists and reminding them that this
change has happened, together with reasons. Potentially useful: Writing an
email to various journalists and pioneer bloggers would also help.
- Discussing this change within local group's mailing list (everybody is
puzzled now!)
- Replacing all OpenOffice.org brands, wordings etc with LibreOffice in
group's (in our case, openoffice.org.tr) web page to reflect the name
LibreOffice.
- Replacing all OOo logos with LibreOffice.
- Removing all "OpenOffice.org is backed by Sun/Oracle" or similar sentence
and replacing them with "LibreOffice is a community-driven effort to produc
a free to use office platform" - or smtg like that.
- Transforming and migrating local mailing lists by making a rename from OO
on group's web page.
- As tools evolve on libreoffice.org, linking these features from group web
page.

And other things that didn't immediately come to my mind....

Best
Görkem