[libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

Jamil Ahmed Jamil Ahmed

[libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

Hi,

Please commit the following file for Bengali (bn) translation.
http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/ooo-build-bn.po.bz2

Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer please?

Cheers,
-Jamil

mak-2 mak-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Jamil Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please commit the following file for Bengali (bn) translation.
> http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/ooo-build-bn.po.bz2
>
> Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer please?

Dear Jamil,

I guess we did 100% localization on UI and help files for OO.o 3.x ( ? ) :)

regards
mak_

Jamil Ahmed Jamil Ahmed

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 5:56 PM, mak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 4:39 PM, Jamil Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Please commit the following file for Bengali (bn) translation.
> > http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/ooo-build-bn.po.bz2
> >
> > Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer
> please?
> >

> Dear Jamil,
>
> I guess we did 100% localization on UI and help files for OO.o 3.x ( ? ) :)

Yes, UI was 100% and Help files were more then 90%.

> regards
> mak_
>

> > Cheers,
> > -Jamil
> >
> > --
> > All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
> be
> > deleted.

> deleted.

Goran Rakic Goran Rakic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

У сре, 06. 10 2010. у 03:39 -0700, Jamil Ahmed пише:

> Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer please?

Hi Jamil,

You can use any other, for example sr.po, edit the header and
remove/overwrite all translations. At the moment there is no POT file
extracted for these .desktop files. Note also the comment posted at the
wiki:

> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3
>
> Translators could ignore build/po/<lang>.po files. They are still used
> by some Linux distributions. They are not used for the official
> LibreOffice build. They are getting obsolete by the desktop
> integration from the LO sources.

On the other hand, you do want to work on the lo-build-bn.po file. Just
1% of the file is translated in this moment.

If upstream OpenOffice.org translation is not at 100%, there are more
strings, but at the moment I do not think we have a process defined how
to handle those.

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic

Jamil Ahmed Jamil Ahmed

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

Hi Goran,

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Goran Rakic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> У сре, 06. 10 2010. у 03:39 -0700, Jamil Ahmed пише:
> >
> > Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer
> please?
> >

> Hi Jamil,
>
> You can use any other, for example sr.po, edit the header and
> remove/overwrite all translations. At the moment there is no POT file
> extracted for these .desktop files. Note also the comment posted at the
> wiki:
>

> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3
> >
> > Translators could ignore build/po/<lang>.po files. They are still used
> > by some Linux distributions. They are not used for the official
> > LibreOffice build. They are getting obsolete by the desktop
> > integration from the LO sources.

Understood. Thanks!

> On the other hand, you do want to work on the lo-build-bn.po file. Just
> 1% of the file is translated in this moment.

Few days back I submitted ooo-build-bn.po based on ooo-build.pot file. I
will merge that with lo-build.pot and submit again.

> If upstream OpenOffice.org translation is not at 100%, there are more
> strings, but at the moment I do not think we have a process defined how
> to handle those.

:)

Cheers,
-Jamil

> Kind regards,
> Goran Rakic

> deleted.

Jamil Ahmed Jamil Ahmed

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Updated Bengali (bn) Translation.

Hello,

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Jamil Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Goran,
>
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 9:00 PM, Goran Rakic <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> У сре, 06. 10 2010. у 03:39 -0700, Jamil Ahmed пише:
>> >
>> > Btw, I did not get any "bn.po" file in the repository. Any pointer
>> please?
>> >

>> Hi Jamil,
>>
>> You can use any other, for example sr.po, edit the header and
>> remove/overwrite all translations. At the moment there is no POT file
>> extracted for these .desktop files. Note also the comment posted at the
>> wiki:
>>

>> http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/i18n/translating_3.3
>> >
>> > Translators could ignore build/po/<lang>.po files. They are still used
>> > by some Linux distributions. They are not used for the official
>> > LibreOffice build. They are getting obsolete by the desktop
>> > integration from the LO sources.
>>

> Understood. Thanks!
>

>> On the other hand, you do want to work on the lo-build-bn.po file. Just
>> 1% of the file is translated in this moment.
>>

> Few days back I submitted ooo-build-bn.po based on ooo-build.pot file. I
> will merge that with lo-build.pot and submit again.

Please commit following file as Bengali (bn) translation update.
http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/lo-build-bn.po.bz2

Cheers,
-Jamil

Lior Kaplan Lior Kaplan

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Jamil Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please commit following file as Bengali (bn) translation update.
> http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/lo-build-bn.po.bz2
>
> Cheers,
> -Jamil

Done.

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/commit/?id=9f0124ef50287a8adca4427e6a1b8e451e4e1909

Kaplan

Jamil Ahmed Jamil Ahmed

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Lior Kaplan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Jamil Ahmed <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > Please commit following file as Bengali (bn) translation update.
> > http://www.ankur.org.bd/downloads/l10n/libreoffice/lo-build-bn.po.bz2
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -Jamil
> >

> Done.