[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: Missing features, project folder view and search across the whole project

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: Missing features, project folder view and search across the whole project

In Pootle, translators can search specific term/translation in the whole
project, such as LibreOffice UI, LibreOffice Help, LibreOffice Online, etc.

This feature enables translators to check existing terms or translations
and fix them. Weblate only provides the search and replace tool, but not
useful as you typically have to search for existing ones first (view) and
then to decide to replace them all once or manually change them according
to the context one by one (edit).

Listing the components as folders under the project and searching text
across the whole project are quite important features in the daily
translation workflow.

The way Pootle works is designed to serve multiple translation files under
different projects which fits LibreOffice well while Weblate is not.

If we are moving to Weblate, and that should be solved to fill the missing
gap between them.
by Cheng-Chia Tseng

kees538-2 kees538-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: Missing features, project folder view and search across the whole project

I didn't notice this yet. But this is indeed a very important feature of
Pootle what can't be missed.

Cheers, Kees

Cheng-Chia Tseng schreef op 12.09.2019 13:53:

> In Pootle, translators can search specific term/translation in the
> whole
> project, such as LibreOffice UI, LibreOffice Help, LibreOffice Online,
> etc.
>
> This feature enables translators to check existing terms or
> translations
> and fix them. Weblate only provides the search and replace tool, but
> not
> useful as you typically have to search for existing ones first (view)
> and
> then to decide to replace them all once or manually change them
> according
> to the context one by one (edit).
>
> Listing the components as folders under the project and searching text
> across the whole project are quite important features in the daily
> translation workflow.
>
> The way Pootle works is designed to serve multiple translation files
> under
> different projects which fits LibreOffice well while Weblate is not.
>
> If we are moving to Weblate, and that should be solved to fill the
> missing
> gap between them.
> --
> Cheers,
> by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: Missing features, project folder view and search across the whole project

Hi Cheng-Chai, *

Cheng-Chia Tseng wrote on 9/12/19 1:53 PM:
> In Pootle, translators can search specific term/translation in the whole
> project, such as LibreOffice UI, LibreOffice Help, LibreOffice Online, etc.
>
> This feature enables translators to check existing terms or translations
> and fix them. Weblate only provides the search and replace tool, but not
> useful as you typically have to search for existing ones first (view) and

Thanks for describing the use case and that it is currently missing.

> If we are moving to Weblate, and that should be solved to fill the missing
> gap between them.

The idea is to contribute to Weblate to make it outstanding, or at least
very good, for our use. So I assume this feature should be on that list.

Maybe after the discussions on the conference here in Almería, Spain
(delay on the airport, so still in Almería ;) ) there can be some info
on the plans, possible time paths and such?

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws