[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: XML check

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: XML check

Hi

The XML check looks buggy in the situation below:

https://weblate.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textsbasicpython/pt_BR/?type=check:xml-tags

The XML tags are there, but my translation has it in different (but
consistent) order in the text.

Is the XML check flagging a false positive?

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: XML check

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM Olivier Hallot
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> The XML check looks buggy in the situation below:
>
> https://weblate.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textsbasicpython/pt_BR/?type=check:xml-tags
>
> The XML tags are there, but my translation has it in different (but
> consistent) order in the text.
>
> Is the XML check flagging a false positive?

Yes - the xml-tag check only does a simple parsing of the source and
target strings, and creates a list of tuple of tagname and attribute
names and then does a simple equality check...

https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/blob/master/weblate/checks/markup.py#L172

So is a false positive check/only does what the code tells it to do..

ciao
Christian