[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

Pootle have a nice feature that weblate miss, -> future improvement...

In pootle, clicking on a source XML tag copies it to the cursor position
in the translation area. Handy to prevent mistakes when typing source
tags (links specially).

regards
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

From my experience there is such feature.

kees538-2 kees538-2

Olivier Hallot schreef op 03.09.2019 15:43:
> Pootle have a nice feature that weblate miss, -> future improvement...
>
> In pootle, clicking on a source XML tag copies it to the cursor
> position
> in the translation area. Handy to prevent mistakes when typing source
> tags (links specially).

You can always use copy past :-)

> regards
> --
> Olivier Hallot
> LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
> Comunidade LibreOffice
> Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
> http://tdf.io/joinus

Mihail Balabanov Mihail Balabanov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

I hope this is a joke. :-)
One can also always walk to the next city instead of using transport. It
just takes a bit more time.
Automatic transfer of untranslatable items is an important feature.
Painstakingly selecting, copying, and pasting each tag is much, much slower
and prone to errors.
If there actually is such a feature, I haven't managed to locate it yet.

Cheers,
Mihail

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 9:54 AM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Olivier Hallot schreef op 03.09.2019 15:43:
> > Pootle have a nice feature that weblate miss, -> future improvement...
> >
> > In pootle, clicking on a source XML tag copies it to the cursor
> > position
> > in the translation area. Handy to prevent mistakes when typing source
> > tags (links specially).
>
> You can always use copy past :-)
> >
> > regards
> > --
> > Olivier Hallot
> > LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
> > Comunidade LibreOffice
> > Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
> > http://tdf.io/joinus

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

But Weblate DOES have this feature, it’s even tied to keyboard
shortcuts: Ctrl+1 will insert the first XML tag, Ctrl+2 the second
one, and so on… I don’t know what you all are arguing about…

Mihail Balabanov Mihail Balabanov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

Hmm… Then maybe it is broken or turned off for us?
I just tried it again. XML tags are not highlighted in any way, the Ctr+1…9
shortcuts do nothing and clicking on the tags themselves also does nothing
(Firefox 69.0 64-bit on Windows 10 build 18362).
See this segment for example:
https://weblate.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textshared02/bg/?type=todo&offset=7

BTW clicking on tags as opposed to using Ctr+n-type shortcuts is important
because when there are more than a few tags (think long paragraphs in the
Help), it becomes cumbersome to count them to select the correct shortcut
for transfer instead of just clicking on it.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM Adolfo Jayme Barrientos <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> But Weblate DOES have this feature, it’s even tied to keyboard
> shortcuts: Ctrl+1 will insert the first XML tag, Ctrl+2 the second
> one, and so on… I don’t know what you all are arguing about…

kees538-2 kees538-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

The Ctrl shortcuts don't work with me too.
What I do (as a work around) is copy the whole thing to the translation
window and then translate the text.

Cheers, Kees

Mihail Balabanov schreef op 15.09.2019 01:05:

> Hmm… Then maybe it is broken or turned off for us?
> I just tried it again. XML tags are not highlighted in any way, the
> Ctr+1…9
> shortcuts do nothing and clicking on the tags themselves also does
> nothing
> (Firefox 69.0 64-bit on Windows 10 build 18362).
> See this segment for example:
> https://weblate.documentfoundation.org/translate/libo_help-master/textshared02/bg/?type=todo&offset=7
>
> BTW clicking on tags as opposed to using Ctr+n-type shortcuts is
> important
> because when there are more than a few tags (think long paragraphs in
> the
> Help), it becomes cumbersome to count them to select the correct
> shortcut
> for transfer instead of just clicking on it.
>

> On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 11:40 PM Adolfo Jayme Barrientos <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> But Weblate DOES have this feature, it’s even tied to keyboard
>> shortcuts: Ctrl+1 will insert the first XML tag, Ctrl+2 the second
>> one, and so on… I don’t know what you all are arguing about…

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: copy XML tags to translated text

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 10:40 PM Adolfo Jayme Barrientos
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> But Weblate DOES have this feature, it’s even tied to keyboard
> shortcuts: Ctrl+1 will insert the first XML tag, Ctrl+2 the second
> one, and so on… I don’t know what you all are arguing about…

Oh really? Maybe it is tied to the xml-validation checks that
currently still are disabled.

So if that's the case consider that solved then :-)

https://docs.weblate.org/en/weblate-3.8/user/translating.html#keyboard-shortcuts
Ctrl+<NUMBER> or ⌘+<NUMBER>
   Copies placeable of given number from source string.

/me edits config and enable the xml checks...
and voilà, it works - Thx Adolfo!

ciao
Christian