[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: permission to see translation memory

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

[libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: permission to see translation memory

Hi,

we experienced that for a user of Weblate who has only the permissions
to make suggestions (i.e, not allowed to translate directly), only the
"Nearby strings", "Other langauges" and "History" tabs are shown.

Could this be changed to allow him to see also at least the "Translation
memory" tab? Otherwise the translator's effort can be redundant as he is
not aware that the same string has already been translated in the past
(and only the context has changed or small changes have been done).

Thank you,
Stanislav

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: permission to see translation memory

Hi Stanislav,
Le 19/10/2020 à 22:15, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> we experienced that for a user of Weblate who has only the permissions
> to make suggestions (i.e, not allowed to translate directly), only the
> "Nearby strings", "Other langauges" and "History" tabs are shown.
>
> Could this be changed to allow him to see also at least the "Translation
> memory" tab? Otherwise the translator's effort can be redundant as he is
> not aware that the same string has already been translated in the past
> (and only the context has changed or small changes have been done).

I'll have a look to see if I can do it by myself, otherwise I'll ask
Christian.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: permission to see translation memory

Hi Stanislav,
Le 19/10/2020 à 22:15, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> we experienced that for a user of Weblate who has only the permissions
> to make suggestions (i.e, not allowed to translate directly), only the
> "Nearby strings", "Other langauges" and "History" tabs are shown.
>
> Could this be changed to allow him to see also at least the "Translation
> memory" tab? Otherwise the translator's effort can be redundant as he is
> not aware that the same string has already been translated in the past
> (and only the context has changed or small changes have been done).

I've added Use of translation memory and Use of machine translation
services to the role. Christian will have to further work on it to adapt
it to our own installation so the settings are not lost on update.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Foundation coordinator
The Document Foundation

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Weblate: permission to see translation memory

Hi Sophie,

Dne 20. 10. 20 v 14:02 sophi napsal(a):

> Hi Stanislav,
> Le 19/10/2020 à 22:15, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> we experienced that for a user of Weblate who has only the permissions
>> to make suggestions (i.e, not allowed to translate directly), only the
>> "Nearby strings", "Other langauges" and "History" tabs are shown.
>>
>> Could this be changed to allow him to see also at least the "Translation
>> memory" tab? Otherwise the translator's effort can be redundant as he is
>> not aware that the same string has already been translated in the past
>> (and only the context has changed or small changes have been done).
>
> I've added Use of translation memory and Use of machine translation
> services to the role. Christian will have to further work on it to adapt
> it to our own installation so the settings are not lost on update.
> Cheers
> Sophie

thanks a lot, confirmed that it works now.

Best regards,
Stanislav