[libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

[libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Hi,

just wanted to let you know that I've updated the website project with
the latest template. It seems like the majority of (if not all) new
strings belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check out
at https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/ . Please translate these
whenever you have some spare time on your hands.

Regards,

Rimas

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Hi Rimas, *,

2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>:

> just wanted to let you know that I've updated the website project with the
> latest template. It seems like the majority of (if not all) new strings

all :-) (at least I'm not aware of introducing anything else

> belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check out at
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/ . Please translate these whenever
> you have some spare time on your hands.

But don't rush it, as the new dowload page is not final yet, the
stings surely will change.

But as most of the strings are language names, feel free to translate
those, those should be rather stable :-)

ciao
Christian

2012.02.16 12:11, Christian Lohmaier rašė:
> 2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>:

<snip>

>> belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check out at
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/ . Please translate these whenever
>> you have some spare time on your hands.
> But don't rush it, as the new dowload page is not final yet, the
> stings surely will change.
>
> But as most of the strings are language names, feel free to translate
> those, those should be rather stable :-)

Right... Some of those are lacking by the way, and I found at least one
(Serbo-croatian, Latin script), which I assume will have to be changed
to Serbian, Latin script. Remember, that we're only using the code sh
for it, because we only support ll and ll-CC locale names, while in this
case, sr-Latn and sr-Cyrl would have been appropriate.

Rimas

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Ok, will do. A suggestion?

The list of languages is a bit of a mess, I know some languages require
a lowercase initial (only the African ones really, kinyaRwanda, sePêdi,
siSwati, xiTshonga, seTswana, tshiVenḓa, isiXhosa, isiZulu) but as for
the rest, it's merrily mixed upper and lowercase initials for no reason.
And Welsh has that odd duplication. Assuming that Sesotho and Kiswahili
are intentional, they should all be uppercased and the Welsh duplicate
removed, the current list makes us look really amateurish :/

Michael

16/02/2012 09:54, sgrìobh Rimas Kudelis:

> Hi,
>
> just wanted to let you know that I've updated the website project with
> the latest template. It seems like the majority of (if not all) new
> strings belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check
> out at https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/ . Please translate
> these whenever you have some spare time on your hands.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rimas

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Hi Michael, *,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Michael Bauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok, will do. A suggestion?
>
> The list of languages is a bit of a mess, I know some languages require a
> lowercase initial (only the African ones really, kinyaRwanda, sePêdi,
> siSwati, xiTshonga, seTswana, tshiVenḓa, isiXhosa, isiZulu) but as for the
> rest, it's merrily mixed upper and lowercase initials for no reason.

????? What are you referring to? The list that was added to the
translations includes the English names for the languages - and they
are all uppercase.

And I don't get what duplication you see with Welsh - there is only one entry

$lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['cy'] = 'Welsh';

ciao
Christian

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

I meant the target language forms, for example here:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/?type=win-x86

I think they may have crept in inadvertently rather than by design.

Michael

16/02/2012 11:40, sgrìobh Christian Lohmaier:
> ????? What are you referring to? The list that was added to the
> translations includes the English names for the languages - and they
> are all uppercase. And I don't get what duplication you see with Welsh
> - there is only one entry $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['cy'] =
> 'Welsh'; ciao Christian

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 12:09 +0000 skryf Michael Bauer:
> I meant the target language forms, for example here:
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/?type=win-x86
>
> I think they may have crept in inadvertently rather than by design.

There are several errors on that page:
Ndebelei -> Ndebele
Ndébélé -> isiNdebele
sePêdi -> Sesotho sa Leboa (Sepedi is the main dialect)
xiTshonga -> Xitsonga
seTswana -> Setswana
tshiVenḓa -> Tshivenḓa

I think the capitalisation of kiswahili should be Kiswahili and
kinyarwanda should simply be on the first letter as well, as far as I
can see, based on their own articles in Wikipedia.

Groete
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/survey-about-usability-virtaal

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Michael Bauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I meant the target language forms, for example here:
> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/?type=win-x86
>
> I think they may have crept in inadvertently rather than by design.

So you're not referring to the stings that are tobe translated, but
the "native" language names that are used.

Well I'd not call it creeping in - those that silverstripe didn't know
were taken from wikipedia's iso-code listing page.

So if nobody complained that "my language should be written so and
so", this is how the list was done...

ciao
Christian

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> just wanted to let you know that I've updated the website project with the
> latest template. It seems like the majority of (if not all) new strings
> belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check out at
> https://www.libreoffice.org/**download35/<https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/>. Please translate these whenever you have some spare time on your hands.
>
> Regards,
>
> Rimas

Hi Rimas,

Some strings missing:

keyid:

$lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['lb']

$lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['tt']

--
Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Hi Friedel, *,

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, F Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 12:09 +0000 skryf Michael Bauer:
>> I meant the target language forms, for example here:
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/?type=win-x86
>>
>> I think they may have crept in inadvertently rather than by design.
>
> There are several errors on that page:

Most of them come from wikipedia

> Ndebelei -> Ndebele

typical error so you can tell vim users apart from others :-)

> Ndébélé -> isiNdebele

e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639:n
nr = Ndébélé
nd = isiNdebele

So no problem here...

> sePêdi -> Sesotho sa Leboa (Sepedi is the main dialect)

wikipedia lists sePêdi as native name for nso

> xiTshonga -> Xitsonga
> seTswana -> Setswana
> tshiVenḓa -> Tshivenḓa

those are from silverstripe, so no idea what wikipedia says...

Would be great if someone could do a full review of the names and send
me all mistakes...

ciao
Christian

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 14:14 +0100 skryf Christian Lohmaier:

> Hi Friedel, *,
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, F Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 12:09 +0000 skryf Michael Bauer:
> >> I meant the target language forms, for example here:
> >> https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/?type=win-x86
> >>
> >> I think they may have crept in inadvertently rather than by design.
> >
> > There are several errors on that page:
>
> Most of them come from wikipedia
>
> > Ndebelei -> Ndebele
>
> typical error so you can tell vim users apart from others :-)

I was wondering :-)

> > Ndébélé -> isiNdebele
>
> e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639:n
> nr = Ndébélé
> nd = isiNdebele
>
> So no problem here...

This is obviously a mistake, introduced by user Strabismus with this
edit:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=ISO_639:n&diff=93045495&oldid=91283647
adding the French name for Ndebele as the native name.

> > sePêdi -> Sesotho sa Leboa (Sepedi is the main dialect)
>
> wikipedia lists sePêdi as native name for nso

Yes, if you choose the page well. Otherwise, you can look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Sotho#Confusion_of_nomenclature_with_sePedi

This spelling was introduced in the same edit to that page, by the way.

> > xiTshonga -> Xitsonga
> > seTswana -> Setswana
> > tshiVenḓa -> Tshivenḓa
>
> those are from silverstripe, so no idea what wikipedia says...

I see. Does that mean the written form can't be corrected for that page?

Friedel

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM, F Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 14:14 +0100 skryf Christian Lohmaier:
>
>> those are from silverstripe, so no idea what wikipedia says...
>
> I see. Does that mean the written form can't be corrected for that page?

No, not at all, just telling that those entries weren't "my fault" :-)

ciao
Christian

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Website project updated

Hi Friedel, *;

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM, F Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Op Do, 2012-02-16 om 14:14 +0100 skryf Christian Lohmaier:
>> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 1:45 PM, F Wolff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> > Ndébélé -> isiNdebele
>>
>> e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639:n
>> nr = Ndébélé
>> nd = isiNdebele
>>
>> So no problem here...
>
> This is obviously a mistake, introduced by user Strabismus with this
> edit:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=ISO_639:n&diff=93045495&oldid=91283647
> adding the French name for Ndebele as the native name.

So when the entry four the Southern one is wrong, then the entry for
Northern variant must be wrong as well - as that is listed as
isiNdebele in the wiki page.
While wikipedia might not be correct, I'd prefer a clear statment that
the entry for "nr", i.e. southern variant, that is used in LO shall be
called "isiNdebele".

ciao
Christian

2012.02.16 15:07, Sérgio Marques rašė:

> 2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>
>> just wanted to let you know that I've updated the website project with the
>> latest template. It seems like the majority of (if not all) new strings
>> belongs to the redesigned download page, which you can check out at
>> https://www.libreoffice.org/**download35/<https://www.libreoffice.org/download35/>. Please translate these whenever you have some spare time on your hands.
> Some strings missing:
>
> keyid:
>
> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['lb']
>
> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['tt']

I know. You can deduce their meaning from the id though. IIRC, these
represent Luxembourgish and Tatar languages. Christian, any idea why
some locales are unnamed?

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012.02.16 15:07, Sérgio Marques rašė:
>> 2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>
>>>
>> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['lb']
>>
>> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['tt']
>
> I know. You can deduce their meaning from the id though. IIRC, these
> represent Luxembourgish and Tatar languages. Christian, any idea why some
> locales are unnamed?

They are new to 3.5.0 and when Anders did create his patches for the
download page, those two were not yet added.
I have added them to the configuration and also to the en_US.php file
in the meantime

https://github.com/tdf/cms-code/commit/541f452b498953eecab43885d42c585c308f95ca

ciao
Christian

2012.02.16 21:31, Christian Lohmaier rašė:

> Hi Rimas, *,
>
> On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>> 2012.02.16 15:07, Sérgio Marques rašė:
>>> 2012/2/16 Rimas Kudelis<[hidden email]>
>>> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['lb']
>>>
>>> $lang['en_US']['LocaleName']['tt']
>> I know. You can deduce their meaning from the id though. IIRC, these
>> represent Luxembourgish and Tatar languages. Christian, any idea why some
>> locales are unnamed?
> They are new to 3.5.0 and when Anders did create his patches for the
> download page, those two were not yet added.
> I have added them to the configuration and also to the en_US.php file
> in the meantime
>
> https://github.com/tdf/cms-code/commit/541f452b498953eecab43885d42c585c308f95ca

OK, we're updated from templates now. Those who had website fully
translated, now have 9 new words to translate.

Rimas

Leif Lodahl Leif Lodahl

On 17-02-2012 13:07, Rimas Kudelis wrote:

> OK, we're updated from templates now. Those who had website fully
> translated, now have 9 new words to translate.
>
> Rimas

When do you expect that we can see the translated result on the website?

Cheers,
Leif