[libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Next » 12
Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

[libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi all libre people on the list,

Are you libre?
:)
Let me hear you!
:)
Are you libre?

Good!
:)
Now I can hear you.
:)

We The Document Foundation (TDF) is making LibreOffice(LO) any
language and any platform office suite, then any people on the earth,
who use computers, can use LibreOffice to create documents and express
what they think.

Can you take a look at the page 34 and replace
OpenOffice.org/StarOffice/StarSuite with LibreOffice?
http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2004/presentations/thursday/BOF_LocalizedBuilds.pdf
Then you read, "Let us open up new markets and allow all the people on
the earth to use our great Office Suite in their native languages! We
are all sure that LibreOffice benefit them."

OK, now, I would like to propose a wiki page for LibreOffice
localization "language teams"

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams

If we agree on this name of the wiki page, then I will create it.

Next I would like to hear your opinions and ideas about contents of
the wiki page.

At first I will create the wiki page, based on the following page.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
You can see table items such as Language, IUT Code, MS Locale ID, MS
Locale ID (hex), ISO code, Symbolic, Environment Variable, Responsible
person, etc.

When I was helping maintain this page, I was wondering if we need all
these items, or if we need more.

The aim of the "language teams" wiki page is:
1. Any people who want to use LibreOffice in their native language and
to help localize LibreOffice can visit the page and find out who to
contact, which site to visit to get info in their language.  If they
don't find their language on the page, they can add their language to
the page.
2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
install sets and language packs.

OK now give me your opinions and ideas.

Thanks,
khirano

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

2010.10.12 04:33, Kazunari Hirano rašė:
> OK, now, I would like to propose a wiki page for LibreOffice
> localization "language teams"
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>
> If we agree on this name of the wiki page, then I will create it.

+1 from me.

> Next I would like to hear your opinions and ideas about contents of
> the wiki page.
>
> At first I will create the wiki page, based on the following page.
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
> You can see table items such as Language, IUT Code, MS Locale ID, MS
> Locale ID (hex), ISO code, Symbolic, Environment Variable, Responsible
> person, etc.
>
> When I was helping maintain this page, I was wondering if we need all
> these items, or if we need more.

I don't think columns 2,3,4,6,7,11 are very useful. If MediaWiki allows
hiding certain columns with a possibility to unhide them, I think we
could certainly make use of that feature.

> The aim of the "language teams" wiki page is:
> 1. Any people who want to use LibreOffice in their native language and
> to help localize LibreOffice can visit the page and find out who to
> contact, which site to visit to get info in their language.  If they
> don't find their language on the page, they can add their language to
> the page.
> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
> install sets and language packs.

2. is quite an edge case IMO.

Rimas

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hello Hirano-San,

Glad to see you here! See my comments inline...

2010/10/12 Kazunari Hirano <[hidden email]>

> Hi all libre people on the list,
>
> Are you libre?
> :)
> Let me hear you!
> :)
> Are you libre?
>

> Good!
> :)
> Now I can hear you.
> :)
>
> We The Document Foundation (TDF) is making LibreOffice(LO) any
> language and any platform office suite, then any people on the earth,
> who use computers, can use LibreOffice to create documents and express
> what they think.
>
> Can you take a look at the page 34 and replace
> OpenOffice.org/StarOffice/StarSuite with LibreOffice?
>
> http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2004/presentations/thursday/BOF_LocalizedBuilds.pdf
> Then you read, "Let us open up new markets and allow all the people on
> the earth to use our great Office Suite in their native languages! We
> are all sure that LibreOffice benefit them."
>
> OK, now, I would like to propose a wiki page for LibreOffice
> localization "language teams"
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>
> If we agree on this name of the wiki page, then I will create it.
>
> Next I would like to hear your opinions and ideas about contents of
> the wiki page.
>
> At first I will create the wiki page, based on the following page.
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
> You can see table items such as Language, IUT Code, MS Locale ID, MS
> Locale ID (hex), ISO code, Symbolic, Environment Variable, Responsible
> person, etc.
>
> When I was helping maintain this page, I was wondering if we need all
> these items, or if we need more.
>
> The aim of the "language teams" wiki page is:
> 1. Any people who want to use LibreOffice in their native language and
> to help localize LibreOffice can visit the page and find out who to
> contact, which site to visit to get info in their language.  If they
> don't find their language on the page, they can add their language to
> the page.
> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
> install sets and language packs.
>
> OK now give me your opinions and ideas.

I like the general idea; but if I may suggest something: let's simplify the
table, and have a link pointing to a page of the team (can be one team main
page) with the names of the contributors?

Best,
Charles.

Olav Dahlum Olav Dahlum

 On 12/10/10 10:24, Charles-H. Schulz wrote:

> Hello Hirano-San,
>
> Glad to see you here! See my comments inline...
>
> 2010/10/12 Kazunari Hirano <[hidden email]>
>
>> Hi all libre people on the list,
>>
>> Are you libre?
>> :)
>> Let me hear you!
>> :)
>> Are you libre?
>>

>> Good!
>> :)
>> Now I can hear you.
>> :)
>>
>> We The Document Foundation (TDF) is making LibreOffice(LO) any
>> language and any platform office suite, then any people on the earth,
>> who use computers, can use LibreOffice to create documents and express
>> what they think.
>>
>> Can you take a look at the page 34 and replace
>> OpenOffice.org/StarOffice/StarSuite with LibreOffice?
>>
>> http://marketing.openoffice.org/ooocon2004/presentations/thursday/BOF_LocalizedBuilds.pdf
>> Then you read, "Let us open up new markets and allow all the people on
>> the earth to use our great Office Suite in their native languages! We
>> are all sure that LibreOffice benefit them."
>>
>> OK, now, I would like to propose a wiki page for LibreOffice
>> localization "language teams"
>>
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>>
>> If we agree on this name of the wiki page, then I will create it.
>>
>> Next I would like to hear your opinions and ideas about contents of
>> the wiki page.
>>
>> At first I will create the wiki page, based on the following page.
>> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages
>> You can see table items such as Language, IUT Code, MS Locale ID, MS
>> Locale ID (hex), ISO code, Symbolic, Environment Variable, Responsible
>> person, etc.
>>
>> When I was helping maintain this page, I was wondering if we need all
>> these items, or if we need more.
>>
>> The aim of the "language teams" wiki page is:
>> 1. Any people who want to use LibreOffice in their native language and
>> to help localize LibreOffice can visit the page and find out who to
>> contact, which site to visit to get info in their language.  If they
>> don't find their language on the page, they can add their language to
>> the page.
>> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
>> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
>> install sets and language packs.
>>
>> OK now give me your opinions and ideas.
>>

> I like the general idea; but if I may suggest something: let's simplify the
> table, and have a link pointing to a page of the team (can be one team main
> page) with the names of the contributors?
>
> Best,
> Charles.

We haven't got a translation platform or something yet (Pootle and the
Transifex standalone can do stuff), but maybe some nice translation
statistics as well alongside the team? Maybe you can find some
inspiration below:

The unofficial Mandriva i18n stats:
http://mdk.jack.kiev.ua/stats/gui/trunk/team/nb/

Outdated, and not standalone:
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/OpenOfficeorg-no/

Mine's not public, so this is the next best thing:
http://pootle.sunvirtuallab.com/

Regards,

Olav

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Rimas,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>> If we agree on this name of the wiki page, then I will create it.
> +1 from me.
Thanks.
As there have been no objection against the name, I created it.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams

> If MediaWiki allows
> hiding certain columns with a possibility to unhide them, I think we could
> certainly make use of that feature.
I am not sure about the feature.  Let us do it later.

>> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
>> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
>> install sets and language packs.
> 2. is quite an edge case IMO.
You are right.  I have made it very simple.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams

Thanks,
khirano

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Charles,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Charles-H. Schulz
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I like the general idea; but if I may suggest something: let's simplify the
> table, and have a link pointing to a page of the team (can be one team main
> page) with the names of the contributors?
Right.

I made it very simple.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
:)
Thanks,
khirano

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Olav,

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 5:38 PM, Olav Dahlum <[hidden email]> wrote:
> The unofficial Mandriva i18n stats:
> http://mdk.jack.kiev.ua/stats/gui/trunk/team/nb/
>
> Outdated, and not standalone:
> http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/OpenOfficeorg-no/
>
> Mine's not public, so this is the next best thing:
> http://pootle.sunvirtuallab.com/

Thanks for these links.
When we have our own translation platform, we will add "a link to
translation statistics" to the page.

2010.10.12 16:00, Kazunari Hirano wrote:
>>> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
>>> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
>>> install sets and language packs.
>> 2. is quite an edge case IMO.
> You are right.  I have made it very simple.
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams

Thanks!

Do we really have a Klingon team or is it just a joke? :-O

Rimas

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Do we really have a Klingon team or is it just a joke? :-O
Yes, half joke half serious :-)

http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/tlh/

As you see, our Klingon team has very little resource.
LibreOffice 4 would not have Klingon langpack yet.
LibreOffice 100 might have Klingon installset and langpack.
If you want to see them, live long! :-)

Thanks,
khirano

Olav Dahlum Olav Dahlum

SO 639-2 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-2> tlh
ISO 639-3 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-3> tlh
<http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=tlh>

Olav Dahlum Olav Dahlum

 On 12/10/10 17:04, Olav Dahlum wrote:

>>> You are right.  I have made it very simple.
>>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Do we really have a Klingon team or is it just a joke? :-O
>>
>> Rimas
>>

> SO 639-2 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-2> tlh
> ISO 639-3 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_639-3> tlh
> <http://www.sil.org/iso639-3/documentation.asp?id=tlh>

A little premature mailing there... But Klingon is no laughing matter!
(kind of...)

Olav

Per Eriksson Per Eriksson

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

  Hi Kazunari,

Kazunari Hirano skrev 2010-10-12 03:33:
> The aim of the "language teams" wiki page is:
> 1. Any people who want to use LibreOffice in their native language and
> to help localize LibreOffice can visit the page and find out who to
> contact, which site to visit to get info in their language.  If they
> don't find their language on the page, they can add their language to
> the page.
> 2. Any developer who want to build their language version of
> LibreOffice can find necessary language info and locale info to build
> install sets and language packs

Great job!

I just made the table sortable :-)

Best

Per

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Per,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 4:30 AM, Per Eriksson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just made the table sortable :-)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
Looks much better, thanks!
khirano

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

  Em 12-10-2010 11:14, Kazunari Hirano escreveu:

> As you see, our Klingon team has very little resource.
> LibreOffice 4 would not have Klingon langpack yet.
> LibreOffice 100 might have Klingon installset and langpack.
> If you want to see them, live long! :-)
>
> Thanks,
> khirano

Hirano-san
I love sushis and sashimis as exquisite japanese cuisine. Now I got
introduced to the exquisite japanese humour.
Thank you

--
Olivier Hallot
Steering Commitee

Xuacu Saturio Xuacu Saturio

El martes, 12-ochobre-2010 a les 22:04 +0900, Kazunari Hirano escribió:

> I made it very simple.
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
> :)
> Thanks,
> khirano

Hi, Hirano san!

I've created the basic pages for Asturian language and some work in
progress. In case I've misplaced some of them, please, feel free to move
it as needed.

Best regards.

--

Saludinos

Xuacu Saturio

Anousak Souphavanh Anousak Souphavanh

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Aligato kHirano San!

I created a page for Lao!

Anousak

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 8:40 AM, Xuacu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> El martes, 12-ochobre-2010 a les 22:04 +0900, Kazunari Hirano escribió:
>>
>> I made it very simple.
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
>> :)
>> Thanks,
>> khirano
>>
> Hi, Hirano san!
>
> I've created the basic pages for Asturian language and some work in
> progress. In case I've misplaced some of them, please, feel free to move
> it as needed.
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
>
> Saludinos
>
> Xuacu Saturio

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Hallot san,

> Hirano-san
> I love sushis and sashimis as exquisite japanese cuisine.

That's good.  I am glad to hear that you love them.
Good for your health, so you live long :)

> Now I got introduced to the exquisite japanese humour.
Maybe as Japanese are living in one of the world's fastest aging
countries with an aging government, we can not survive without humour
:)

Let us live long!
Thanks,
khirano

Hirano Kazunari Hirano Kazunari

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Hi Anousak Souphavanh San,

> Aligato kHirano San!

Douitashimashite! (You are welcome!)

> I created a page for Lao!
ArigatouGozaimasu! (Thank you!)
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
I saw your Comment, I like the letters " ພາສາລາວ "
What does it say?

Thanks,
khirano

Anousak Souphavanh Anousak Souphavanh

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wiki page for LibreOffice localization "language teams"

Thanks! Kharino san.

It means 'Lao language' .

Regards,
Anousak

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Kazunari Hirano <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Anousak Souphavanh San,
>
>> Aligato kHirano San!
>
> Douitashimashite! (You are welcome!)
>
>> I created a page for Lao!
> ArigatouGozaimasu! (Thank you!)
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
> I saw your Comment, I like the letters " ພາສາລາວ "
> What does it say?
>
> Thanks,
> khirano

> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

Anousak (Anthony) Souphavanh
Managing Director, XY Mobile and Xangdao Consulting
Email: [hidden email]
Email:[hidden email]
Skype: xangdao1
Cell: 856-20-549-3166
http://www.xangdao.com
http://www.xy-mobile.com

"Small can make a big impact" -> " Come and join hand to rebuild the
country", Anousak
Bourichanh Road, Phonsinuan Village, Sisathanak District
VTE, Lao PDR
At your service for a complete ICT solutions.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Anousak Souphavanh <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks! Kharino san.
>
> It means 'Lao language' .
I see.  Looks beautiful :)
Thanks,