[libreoffice-l10n] WikiHelp: mistake in Calc statistical functions, part 5

Laurent Charrière Laurent Charrière

[libreoffice-l10n] WikiHelp: mistake in Calc statistical functions, part 5

Hi,

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Wikihelp told me to
email this address to report mistake error in the WikiHelp for Calc.

The mistake is at
https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Statistical_Functions_Part_Five. There
are two sections called "RANK.AVG" (28 and 29). The first one should be
called RANK.EQ.

Thanks,

Laurent

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] WikiHelp: mistake in Calc statistical functions, part 5

Hi,

thanks for the report - however, this has been already fixed by the
following commit:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?id=b4cb9f06d6969aa1ccce515c13a97552ffadf1aa

Best regards,
Stanislav

On 01/13/2015 04:57 PM, Stanislav Horáček wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the report - however, this has been already fixed by the
> following commit:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?id=b4cb9f06d6969aa1ccce515c13a97552ffadf1aa

Thanks, and sorry about the duplicate report. This raises a number of
questions for me:

* The wiki page still shows the error. I understand that there is an
ongoing transition from xhp to wiki. At what point will the wiki page
get updated with the fixed content? What's the workflow? Is it correct
to say that at some point, the wiki page be considered the one true
source? If so, when would that be?

* How can I, as a beginning developer, check if a mistake has already
been fixed? In other words, how do I go from
https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Statistical_Functions_Part_Five to
source/text/scalc/01/04060185.xhp?

Thanks,

Laurent

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:09 PM, Laurent Charrière <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 01/13/2015 04:57 PM, Stanislav Horáček wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> thanks for the report - however, this has been already fixed by the
>> following commit:
>>
>> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?id=b4cb9f06d6969aa1ccce515c13a97552ffadf1aa
>

> Thanks, and sorry about the duplicate report. This raises a number of
> questions for me:
>
> * The wiki page still shows the error. I understand that there is an ongoing
> transition from xhp to wiki. At what point will the wiki page get updated
> with the fixed content? What's the workflow? Is it correct to say that at
> some point, the wiki page be considered the one true source? If so, when
> would that be?

Usually I update the help wiki when I find some time (1-2 times a
year). The "ongoing transition" means that we have been talking about
it since 2010 but there has not been much progress since then. Don't
hold your breath. :)

> * How can I, as a beginning developer, check if a mistake has already been
> fixed? In other words, how do I go from
> https://help.libreoffice.org/Calc/Statistical_Functions_Part_Five to
> source/text/scalc/01/04060185.xhp?

Use git grep.