[libreoffice-l10n] Wrong efect at LibO 4.0 beta2 help

Joan Montané Joan Montané

[libreoffice-l10n] Wrong efect at LibO 4.0 beta2 help

Hi,

we (the Catalan l10n team) are testing currently l10n using LibO beta2 and
we have found a weird effect at help.

Some index entries look weird (see attached screenshot). Looking this
problematic string at Pootle [1], We guess the cause. 2 different
<bookmark_value> English string fields have been translated to the same
Catalan strings. These aren't bad translations, because booth English
strings translate to the same Catalan strings.

So, the question is:

What is the best approach to avoid the current behaviour?
Can we delete the second <bookmark_value> at translated string?

Best regards,
Joan Montané

[1]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate.html#unit=28345594

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Wrong efect at LibO 4.0 beta2 help

Hi Joan,

On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Joan Montané <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we (the Catalan l10n team) are testing currently l10n using LibO beta2 and
> we have found a weird effect at help.
>
> Some index entries look weird (see attached screenshot). Looking this
> problematic string at Pootle [1], We guess the cause. 2 different
> <bookmark_value> English string fields have been translated to the same
> Catalan strings. These aren't bad translations, because booth English
> strings translate to the same Catalan strings.
>
> So, the question is:
>
> What is the best approach to avoid the current behaviour?
> Can we delete the second <bookmark_value> at translated string?

Yes, you can add or remove <bookmark_value> as you wish. It is
designed so, that it does not have to match 1:1 with the English
original.

Best regards,
Andras

Joan Montané Joan Montané

2012/12/26 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Yes, you can add or remove <bookmark_value> as you wish. It is
> designed so, that it does not have to match 1:1 with the English
> original.

Good. We will remove redundant entries.

Thanks for quick reply.

Regards,