[libreoffice-l10n] [az] Azerbaijani language support

Emin Mastizada Emin Mastizada

[libreoffice-l10n] [az] Azerbaijani language support

Hello, there is no currently Azerbaijani language support in LibreOffice
project. I already started translation of project in pootle (version:
master).
Looks like currently everybody can directly submit translations, can we
change it to suggestion?
Also I will need admin access for [az] locale in pootle to add our team
members from Mozilla Azerbaijani L10n team.

What else needs to be done and where we can localize web parts
(libreoffice.org)?

Thanks...

--
Emin Mastizada
Mozilla Representative @ Mozilla Corparation

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [az] Azerbaijani language support

Hi Emin,
Le 30/03/2016 17:58, Emin Mastizada a écrit :
> Hello, there is no currently Azerbaijani language support in LibreOffice
> project. I already started translation of project in pootle (version:
> master).
> Looks like currently everybody can directly submit translations, can we
> change it to suggestion?

From what I see:
- default: can only make suggestions
- elxan: can make suggestions and translations
- shukur: has admin rights on the project
- Emperyan: can make suggestions and translations
- cjl cans make suggestions and translations
- paulzercy: has admin rights

> Also I will need admin access for [az] locale in pootle to add our team
> members from Mozilla Azerbaijani L10n team.

Did you contact the other admins of the project, they are able to give
you more rights. In case they don't answer, we are also able to do it
but prefer the team to manage their own contributors :)

> What else needs to be done and where we can localize web parts
> (libreoffice.org)?

it's explained on the wiki here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NewWebsiteNLT

Let me know if you need help
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Emin Mastizada Emin Mastizada

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [az] Azerbaijani language support

Thanks for reply, I tried to find team, but currently there is no az
locale in https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language and
https://www.libreoffice.org/community/nlc/ , in Mozilla community it
usually means there is no team. Where I can find contact addresses for
current members? New version of pootle do not show contributors list of
project there is no contact information in user pages. Also last
activity was by cjl 4 years ago.
Also somehow I can directly submit translations
(https://translations.documentfoundation.org/az/libo_ui/).

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

On 30 March 2016 at 17:34, Emin Mastizada <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for reply, I tried to find team, but currently there is no az
> locale in https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language and
> https://www.libreoffice.org/community/nlc/ , in Mozilla community it
> usually means there is no team. Where I can find contact addresses for
> current members? New version of pootle do not show contributors list of
> project there is no contact information in user pages. Also last
> activity was by cjl 4 years ago.
> Also somehow I can directly submit translations
> (https://translations.documentfoundation.org/az/libo_ui/).

Looks like the 'default' user has translation rights.  But only for that
project.  Its almost certainly a misconfiguration.

> On 30.03.2016 19:12, Sophie wrote:
> > Hi Emin,
> > Le 30/03/2016 17:58, Emin Mastizada a écrit :
> >> Hello, there is no currently Azerbaijani language support in LibreOffice
> >> project. I already started translation of project in pootle (version:
> >> master).
> >> Looks like currently everybody can directly submit translations, can we
> >> change it to suggestion?
> > From what I see:
> > - default: can only make suggestions
> > - elxan: can make suggestions and translations
> > - shukur: has admin rights on the project
> > - Emperyan: can make suggestions and translations
> > - cjl cans make suggestions and translations
> > - paulzercy: has admin rights
> >
> >> Also I will need admin access for [az] locale in pootle to add our team
> >> members from Mozilla Azerbaijani L10n team.
> > Did you contact the other admins of the project, they are able to give
> > you more rights. In case they don't answer, we are also able to do it
> > but prefer the team to manage their own contributors :)
> >> What else needs to be done and where we can localize web parts
> >> (libreoffice.org)?
> > it's explained on the wiki here:
> > https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/NewWebsiteNLT
> >
> > Let me know if you need help
> > Cheers
> > Sophie
> >

> --
> Emin Mastizada
> Mozilla Representative @ Mozilla Corparation
> Computer Engineering @ Istanbul Technical University
> Data Ninja @ pyninjas
> +90 539 932 6639
> http://www.mastizada.com

Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095 (work)

Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [az] Azerbaijani language support

I'm cjl, but the only edit type I would have conceivably made would
have been whitespace or printf fix.  Sorry, it was 4 years ago, I
can't remember.

I'm Translation Team coordinator for Sugar Labs

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/

We used to host AbiWord L10n, and the AbiWord team helped create a
very cutdown Sugar-based word processor called Write, so my wide
access requests from back then had to do with looking for strings
common to word processors that could be harmonized across projects
maximizing commonality of user experience and minimizing L10n burden
by cross-product string sharing, particularly technical typographic
terms.  How many different ways does the world really need to express
the concept of "hanging indent" anyway.

If you want to drop my privs on this project I certainly would
understand, but I can't really help you find the real localizers,
sorry.

cjl