[libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

eukim eukim

[libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

Hi there,

I'd like to contribute in the translation of LibreOffice into Korean.
Could someone help me to get permission to submit translation in Pootle
server?

Thanks

Regards
Eun-Ju

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd like to contribute in the translation of LibreOffice into Korean.
> Could someone help me to get permission to submit translation in Pootle
> server?

Can you check <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams> and
also get in touch with your language team if it exists ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>

eukim eukim

On 07/17/2012 04:06 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:34 AM,<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> I'd like to contribute in the translation of LibreOffice into Korean.
>> Could someone help me to get permission to submit translation in Pootle
>> server?
> Can you check<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams>  and
> also get in touch with your language team if it exists ?

I've sent email the person in that list long ago but there is no reply.
It seems he is only taking care of OpenOffice.
Is there any other person who can give me permission to submit translation?

Regards,
Eun-Ju

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

A suggestion in general, arising from this - perhaps locale leaders
should be under some common-sense review every 6 months or something, to
see if they're active and if not, see if someone else is up for taking
on the job. It's a bit of a first-come-first-serve at the moment
(understandably, for new locales) but there seems to be little in the
way structures to deal with dormant leaders or indeed rogue leaders.
Just had such a problem on VLC.

Michael

20/07/2012 13:46, sgrìobh [hidden email]:

> I've sent email the person in that list long ago but there is no reply.
> It seems he is only taking care of OpenOffice.
> Is there any other person who can give me permission to submit
> translation?
>
> Regards,
> Eun-Ju

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

Hello,  eukim.

I have full permission of Korean project on Poole.
I sent you a mail. Check it please. :)

Yury Tarasievich Yury Tarasievich

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

Generally speaking, producing the quality
translation is as much a function of
formal (self-)training and hard work as
producing the quality code.
Just being "native speaker" (and I'm sort of
sadly privileged to know the emptiness of terms
such as this) is not enough.
Least of all is it a function of being "eager"
and (or) "available".

Yury

On 07/20/2012 03:54 PM, Michael Bauer wrote:

> A suggestion in general, arising from this -
> perhaps locale leaders should be under some
> common-sense review every 6 months or something,
> to see if they're active and if not, see if
> someone else is up for taking on the job. It's a
> bit of a first-come-first-serve at the moment
> (understandably, for new locales) but there
> seems to be little in the way structures to deal
> with dormant leaders or indeed rogue leaders.
> Just had such a problem on VLC.

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

I agree wholeheartely. But my point wasn't so much about ensuring the
quality of translation but what to do if a locale leader account falls
format i.e. the person just "goes away".

Michael

20/07/2012 14:52, sgrìobh Yury Tarasievich:
> Generally speaking, producing the quality translation is as much a
> function of
> formal (self-)training and hard work as producing the quality code.
> Just being "native speaker" (and I'm sort of sadly privileged to know
> the emptiness of terms such as this) is not enough.
> Least of all is it a function of being "eager" and (or) "available".
>
> Yury

Chris Leonard Chris Leonard

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Yury Tarasievich
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Generally speaking, producing the quality translation is as much a function
> of
> formal (self-)training and hard work as producing the quality code.
> Just being "native speaker" (and I'm sort of sadly privileged to know the
> emptiness of terms such as this) is not enough.
> Least of all is it a function of being "eager" and (or) "available".
>
> Yury

I can't disagree with your points, but is a simple fact that in most
FOSS project, the work gets done by those who "show up".

cjl

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

A small excuse.
I'm not a leader of Korean project and actually there's no leader for
Korean project at this moment. Though one guy is named as a leader, i
reckon because he is a leader of ooo Korean project.

We're doing our best for LibO, ooo and oss. However we don't have much time
or people. And I believe many of you are the same. So please don't blame
others. Definitely there's some not good people though.

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] contribute in Korean translation

Correction
In fact there is no 'we'. There are just few individual guys. It's sad but
true.

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

2012.07.20 15:54, Michael Bauer rašė:
> A suggestion in general, arising from this - perhaps locale leaders
> should be under some common-sense review every 6 months or something,
> to see if they're active and if not, see if someone else is up for
> taking on the job. It's a bit of a first-come-first-serve at the
> moment (understandably, for new locales) but there seems to be little
> in the way structures to deal with dormant leaders or indeed rogue
> leaders. Just had such a problem on VLC.

I like the idea, but who would volunteer (as in, have time and
willingness) to do that? It might be easier to just deal with these
problems on a case-by-case basis, IMO.

Rimas