[libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

[libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

There's about 5k words which have appeared in the cui folder. They look
a bit like Help strings and I was wondering what they are (sorry if I
missed an announcement) and if they should be part of the main UI
project or sit apart?

Cheers

Michael

Kiyotaka Nishibori Kiyotaka Nishibori

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

These strings are tips displayed as "Tips of the day" which may be new
feature of comming LibreOffice 6.3.
See the screenshot :
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OzqDFb4ijiiK9G_gzNYJmnXeuo___u5m

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

[hidden email] wrote on 4/27/19 3:46 PM:
> These strings are tips displayed as "Tips of the day" which may be new
> feature of comming LibreOffice 6.3.

And the strings are under review currently, so if translation can be
done a bit later, that's more efficient ;)

Greetings,
Cor
--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

Ah ok, many thanks!

Michael

Sgrìobh [hidden email] na leanas 27/04/2019 aig 14:46:
> These strings are tips displayed as "Tips of the day" which may be new
> feature of comming LibreOffice 6.3.
> See the screenshot :
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OzqDFb4ijiiK9G_gzNYJmnXeuo___u5m

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

The new tips are written for Windows, not for macOS (the menu path for
Settings command/dialog is different on macOS so the tips should have
optional text/menu paths for macOS).

Lp, m.

V V sob., 27. apr. 2019 ob 15:50 je oseba Cor Nouws <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> [hidden email] wrote on 4/27/19 3:46 PM:
> > These strings are tips displayed as "Tips of the day" which may be new
> > feature of comming LibreOffice 6.3.
>
> And the strings are under review currently, so if translation can be
> done a bit later, that's more efficient ;)
>
> Greetings,
> Cor
> --
> Cor Nouws
> GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28  A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
> - vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
> - volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
> - Member Board The Document Foundation
> - http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijncloudoffice.nl

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

Hi Martin, all,

Le 07/05/2019 à 10:22, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :
> The new tips are written for Windows, not for macOS (the menu path for
> Settings command/dialog is different on macOS so the tips should have
> optional text/menu paths for macOS).

That is a work in progress, shortcuts for Mac will be available in one
of the next iterations of development.

The final patch for this iteration will be pushed today, then
translation could be done now.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

Hi,

V V tor., 7. maj 2019 ob 16:43 je oseba sophi <[hidden email]>
napisala:

> Le 07/05/2019 à 10:22, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :
> > The new tips are written for Windows, not for macOS (the menu path for
> > Settings command/dialog is different on macOS so the tips should have
> > optional text/menu paths for macOS).
>
> That is a work in progress, shortcuts for Mac will be available in one
> of the next iterations of development.
>
> also, a reminder, if not already fixed, the advertised keyboard shortcuts
must be OS-specific.

Lp, m.

Rhoslyn Prys-5 Rhoslyn Prys-5

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

These tips have appeared in English only the Welsh LibreOffice 6.3.0.4
(x64).

I've started to translate them but there are some issues with the
English content and some paths I could not track:

English

New versions do not bring that new features and bug fixes. They also
include security patches. Be safe, put yourself updated!

Surprised that Writer adds blank pages in a mailing? Would you like to
have a recipient letter to the back of another (Duplexing)?

Typing in bold italics or underlined in Writer you can continue with the
default attributes using only the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+X

Looking WordArt in LibreOffice? Click Fontwork gallery in the Drawing
Toolbar

Paths:

You don't like the selection color ? Uncheck or modify

Are these due a further QA check or are they ready for translation?
Rhos

Ar 07/05/2019 09:22, ysgrifennodd Martin Srebotnjak:

> The new tips are written for Windows, not for macOS (the menu path for
> Settings command/dialog is different on macOS so the tips should have
> optional text/menu paths for macOS).
>
> Lp, m.
>
> V V sob., 27. apr. 2019 ob 15:50 je oseba Cor Nouws <[hidden email]>
> napisala:
>
>> [hidden email] wrote on 4/27/19 3:46 PM:
>>> These strings are tips displayed as "Tips of the day" which may be new
>>> feature of comming LibreOffice 6.3.
>> And the strings are under review currently, so if translation can be
>> done a bit later, that's more efficient ;)
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Cor
>> --
>> Cor Nouws
>> GPD key ID: 0xB13480A6 - 591A 30A7 36A0 CE3C 3D28  A038 E49D 7365 B134 80A6
>> - vrijwilliger https://nl.libreoffice.org
>> - volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org
>> - Member Board The Document Foundation
>> - http://www.nouenoff.nl / https://www.mijncloudoffice.nl

Rhoslyn Prys
Meddal.com

07815067805 / 01248 351289

Rhoslyn Prys-5 Rhoslyn Prys-5

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] cui strings

The dangers of working off-line and not on the most recent files...
Apologies, I've updated to yesterday's download file and it has many
changes and updates. It should be OK now... :-)

Ar 13/08/2019 13:07, ysgrifennodd Rhoslyn Prys:

Rhoslyn Prys
Meddal.com

07815067805 / 01248 351289