[libreoffice-l10n] emoji & l10n

Next » 12
Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

[libreoffice-l10n] emoji & l10n

Hi,
on the wiki release notes for 5.0
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.0#Emoji_and_in-word_replacement_support

I can see that this feature won't be enabled before RC5 (=final 5.0
release). As some language teams have already translated that particular
new po file or major parts of it I see no reason why not to make this
feature work already in RC4 (even RC3?) so at least those l10n teams have a
week to test their translations of emojis. At least the Slovenian team asks
for this. Also other teams, even if they have not finished with the
translation, might benefit with this to test and see how their work
performs.

Also, is this the most prominent Writer 5.0 enhancement to be placed in the
first place of Writer features in the LO50 release notes?

Thanks, m.

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji & l10n

Hi Martin,
Le 05/07/2015 18:23, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :

> Hi,
> on the wiki release notes for 5.0
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.0#Emoji_and_in-word_replacement_support
>
> I can see that this feature won't be enabled before RC5 (=final 5.0
> release). As some language teams have already translated that particular
> new po file or major parts of it I see no reason why not to make this
> feature work already in RC4 (even RC3?) so at least those l10n teams have a
> week to test their translations of emojis. At least the Slovenian team asks
> for this. Also other teams, even if they have not finished with the
> translation, might benefit with this to test and see how their work
> performs.

Thanks for the head up, I'll report your request to the next ESC on Thursday

> Also, is this the most prominent Writer 5.0 enhancement to be placed in the
> first place of Writer features in the LO50 release notes?

I don't think that the release notes show features by they order of
importance, only people add them at the top or where they best see fit.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:38 AM, Sophie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Martin,
> Le 05/07/2015 18:23, Martin Srebotnjak a écrit :
>> Hi,
>> on the wiki release notes for 5.0
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.0#Emoji_and_in-word_replacement_support
>>
>> I can see that this feature won't be enabled before RC5 (=final 5.0
>> release). As some language teams have already translated that particular
>> new po file or major parts of it I see no reason why not to make this
>> feature work already in RC4 (even RC3?) so at least those l10n teams have a
>> week to test their translations of emojis. At least the Slovenian team asks
>> for this. Also other teams, even if they have not finished with the
>> translation, might benefit with this to test and see how their work
>> performs.
>
> Thanks for the head up, I'll report your request to the next ESC on Thursday

I'm not sure that I'll be on ESC tomorrow, so let me answer here.
Nobody told that it won't be available before RC5. Wiki says "The
shortcodes will be localized for the final version of LibreOffice 5.0"
-- which means that it is targetted for 5.0, the earlier RC is the
better. It is not a question of enabling something. The code that
merges translations is yet to be written. It simply does not exist at
the moment. The developer of the feature, Laszlo Nemeth, will be back
to work next week, and hopefully he'll find some time to finish the
work.

Best regards,
Andras

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: emoji & l10n

So,

just a follow-up.

We are to expect localized emoji to appear in the next RC build, right?

Thanks, can't wait to test it in Slovenian, I am sure it will work
out-of-the-box.

Lp, m.

> on the wiki release notes for 5.0
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.0#Emoji_and_in-word_replacement_support
>
> I can see that this feature won't be enabled before RC5 (=final 5.0
> release). As some language teams have already translated that particular
> new po file or major parts of it I see no reason why not to make this
> feature work already in RC4 (even RC3?) so at least those l10n teams have a
> week to test their translations of emojis. At least the Slovenian team asks
> for this. Also other teams, even if they have not finished with the
> translation, might benefit with this to test and see how their work
> performs.
>
> Also, is this the most prominent Writer 5.0 enhancement to be placed in
> the first place of Writer features in the LO50 release notes?
>
> Thanks, m.

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: emoji & l10n

Hi Martin, *,

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So,
>
> just a follow-up.
>
> We are to expect localized emoji to appear in the next RC build, right?

While there is no build-time conversion yet, Lázló provided a script
to merge the translations from the po files into the autocorrect
files. so yes, there is possiblilty to have the emoji based
autocorrect files in the next RC.

Although NL-project can  request  to not have it  included.

Note though that only entries for which you provided a translation
will appear. (see also wiki, "nil" translation or empty translation
will skip the entry.

ciao
Christian

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 4:05 PM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I translated them all and they were available in Slovenian in git already a
> month ago (I am not using Pootle).

I quote myself:
"there is no build-time conversion yet"

> [...] used to typing emoji in English for years [...]

then surely not with LO's emoji shortcodes- Those users are free to
setup their own autocorrect mappings.

ciao
Christian

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: emoji & l10n

> So,
>
> just a follow-up.
>
> We are to expect localized emoji to appear in the next RC build, right?

Martin,

can you (and everybody else interested) leave a comment in
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17113/ confirming you’re fine
pushing it to the libreoffice-5-0-0 branch?

Adolfo

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: emoji & l10n

Adolfo,

I just did it, I hope this is ok, it is the first time I did something in
gerrit.

Lp, m.

> > So,
> >
> > just a follow-up.
> >
> > We are to expect localized emoji to appear in the next RC build, right?
>
> Martin,
>
> can you (and everybody else interested) leave a comment in
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17113/ confirming you’re fine
> pushing it to the libreoffice-5-0-0 branch?
>
> Adolfo

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: emoji & l10n

I guess someone else from l10n will have to step in.

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17113/

Sophie, can you or someone else take a look?

Thanks, m.

Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji & l10n

Hi Martin

I see that this ha already been pushed, so there should be no need for
further action at this point. :)

Regards,
Niklas

lördag 18 juli 2015 skrev Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]>:

> I guess someone else from l10n will have to step in.
>
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/17113/
>
> Sophie, can you or someone else take a look?
>
> Thanks, m.

Donald Rogers Donald Rogers

[libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

Does each emoji string have to be unique? (I suppose so).
Is there an automated test for uniqueness that will show up in the "Fix
critical errors" column?
The reason that I ask is that some of the English terms are so similar
in meaning that I may have translated them to the same thing. I may need
to add a digit to one of them.

Regards
Donaldo

Németh László-2 Németh László-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

Hi,

Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
found the following ones:

Languages:

duplicate_emoji_bg.txt
duplicate_emoji_ca.txt
duplicate_emoji_da.txt
duplicate_emoji_de.txt
duplicate_emoji_es.txt
duplicate_emoji_fi.txt
duplicate_emoji_fr.txt
duplicate_emoji_hr.txt
duplicate_emoji_hu.txt
duplicate_emoji_it.txt
duplicate_emoji_nl-BE.txt
duplicate_emoji_nl.txt
duplicate_emoji_pt-BR.txt
duplicate_emoji_pt.txt
duplicate_emoji_ro.txt
duplicate_emoji_ru.txt

Words:

====================== duplicate_emoji_bg.txt =========================
внимание
телефон
слънце
овен
не
мъж
жена
целувка2
гняв
изчервяване
====================== duplicate_emoji_ca.txt =========================
telèfon
fi
no
====================== duplicate_emoji_da.txt =========================
advarsel
telefon
glimmer
sol
blomst
is
flag
flag2
fodbold
kylling
mand
kvinde
pære
mappe
diagram
højtaler
nøgle
====================== duplicate_emoji_de.txt =========================
Hermesstab
Gewitter
Wal
Faust
Smiley erleichtert
Baby
====================== duplicate_emoji_es.txt =========================
caduceo
teléfono
fi
negra
corchea
Tierra
flor
fútbol
no
linterna
sonrisa
====================== duplicate_emoji_fi.txt =========================
risti
risti2
puhelin
pata
nuotit
ei
hymy
====================== duplicate_emoji_fr.txt =========================
petit carré noir
téléphone
cœur
soleil
fleur
trèfle
riz
étincelle
casque
sac-à-main
empreintes
mariage
livre
portable
caméra
haut-parleur
grimace
sourire
bisou
colère
grimaçant
====================== duplicate_emoji_hr.txt =========================
jota
====================== duplicate_emoji_hu.txt =========================
növény
====================== duplicate_emoji_it.txt =========================
lira
caduceo
telefono
Luna
Luna2
Sole
fiore
====================== duplicate_emoji_nl-BE.txt =========================
geen deelverzameling
waarschuwing
telefoon
vijfhoek
wassende maan
wassende maan
rijst
voetbal
beer
vuist
huwelijk
notitie
telefoon
sleutel
lachend
duizelig
lachende kat
tram
vrachtwagen
kabelbaan
toilet
====================== duplicate_emoji_nl.txt =========================
geen deelverzameling
waarschuwing
telefoon
vijfhoek
wassende maan
wassende maan
rijst
voetbal
beer
vuist
huwelijk
notitie
telefoon
sleutel
lachend
duizelig
lachende kat
tram
vrachtwagen
kabelbaan
toilet
====================== duplicate_emoji_pt-BR.txt =========================
espadas
caduceu
telefone
fi
semínima
colcheia
lua cheia
flor
sorvete
futebol
não
casamento
sorriso
diabinho
beijo
franzido
choroso
tonto
====================== duplicate_emoji_pt.txt =========================
espadas
telefone
estrela
fi
lua cheia
sol
flor
não
casamento
câmara de vídeo
sorriso
diabinho
beijo
zangado
franzido
angustiado
choroso
boca aberta
====================== duplicate_emoji_ro.txt =========================
liră
triunghi dreptunghic
pătrat mic
====================== duplicate_emoji_ru.txt =========================
телефон
трава

The update script doesn't fix automatically these duplicates, only the
second (third etc) occurrences of the same keyword are ignored. If you add
a number to the keyword, the next update will add the missing characters to
the replacement tables.

Many thanks for the great translations and your question!

Best regard,
László

> Does each emoji string have to be unique? (I suppose so).
> Is there an automated test for uniqueness that will show up in the "Fix
> critical errors" column?
> The reason that I ask is that some of the English terms are so similar in
> meaning that I may have translated them to the same thing. I may need to
> add a digit to one of them.
>
> Regards
> Donaldo

Mihovil Stanić Mihovil Stanić

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

Solved for hr.

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

> Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
> Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
> found the following ones:
>
> Languages:
>

> ====================== duplicate_emoji_ca.txt =========================
> telèfon
> fi
> no

Fixed for 'ca'.

Thanks!

Joan Montané

Jean-Baptiste Faure-3 Jean-Baptiste Faure-3

Le 20/07/2015 11:11, Németh László a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
> Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
> found the following ones:
>
> Languages:

Fixed for French.

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.

Christian Kühl-2 Christian Kühl-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

thanks for pointing this out.

Solved for german, too.

Christian.

Am 20.07.2015 um 11:11 schrieb Németh László:

> Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
> Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
> found the following ones:
>
> Languages:
>
> duplicate_emoji_de.txt
>

> ====================== duplicate_emoji_de.txt =========================
> Hermesstab
> Gewitter
> Wal
> Faust
> Smiley erleichtert
> Baby

Donald Rogers Donald Rogers

[libreoffice-l10n] admin permissions

When I go to this page
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/eo/libo_help/admin/permissions/
the sections Username, Add permissions, Delete, Save changes are grayed
out as if they are disabled, but they aren't. (Is this a bug?)
BUT when I choose a username, Pootle does not show any existing
permissions, even my own.

Does this mean that I no longer have admin permissions? If so can
someone please restore them?

Regards
donaldo (username)

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Il 20/07/2015 11:11, Németh László ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
> Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
> found the following ones:
>
> Languages:
>

> duplicate_emoji_it.txt

I'm going to give to them a look
Ciao

--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

Il 20/07/2015 11:11, Németh László ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, we need unique keywords. Fortunately, there are only a few duplicates.
> Unfortunately, there is no Pootle integration yet, but the update script
> found the following ones:
>
> Languages:
>
> duplicate_emoji_it.txt
Hi

Italian done

Ciao

--
Valter
Open Source is better!
LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org
KDE: www.kde.org
Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org

Mihail Balabanov Mihail Balabanov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] emoji uniqueness?

Solved for bg, thanks.

Next » 12