[libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

[libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Hi *,

the templates have been updated for the LibreOffice 4.3 help and ui projects.

### For UI, you have to trigger the update yourself
###
### (will trigger for all languages on Monday evening)

***** For Help, the update_against_templates is run right now
***** for all languages — you don't need to trigger it yourself

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
Changes in help are mostly alignment of the terms graphic/picture to image.
38 hids did change in the attributes (those are updated automatically)

http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
Changes in ui are mostly typo-fixes and dialog conversion moves.

A lot of numerical IDs have been replaced with more descriptive labels
in the context part (i.e. not the actual string, but the comment for
it) - so the diff looks huge, but the actual changes to the text
itself is much smaller, around 100 strings have been touched.

ciao
Christian

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> the templates have been updated for the LibreOffice 4.3 help and ui projects.
>
> ### For UI, you have to trigger the update yourself
> ###
> ### (will trigger for all languages on Monday evening)
>
> ***** For Help, the update_against_templates is run right now
> ***** for all languages — you don't need to trigger it yourself
>
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
> Changes in help are mostly alignment of the terms graphic/picture to image.
> 38 hids did change in the attributes (those are updated automatically)
>
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
> Changes in ui are mostly typo-fixes and dialog conversion moves.
>
> A lot of numerical IDs have been replaced with more descriptive labels
> in the context part (i.e. not the actual string, but the comment for
> it) - so the diff looks huge, but the actual changes to the text
> itself is much smaller, around 100 strings have been touched.
>
> ciao
> Christian

Thanks for heads up,

I get an connection timeout error for the Update from templates link,
(I suppose it takes so long that Firefox decides that server would not respond)

After I re-open the https://translations.documentfoundation.org/kk/libo_ui/
I see that many (6968) of the correct strings are in Needs work state now.
Is that because of Update from templates failed?

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 6:52 AM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Christian Lohmaier
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> the templates have been updated for the LibreOffice 4.3 help and ui projects.
>>
>> ### For UI, you have to trigger the update yourself
>> ###
>> ### (will trigger for all languages on Monday evening)
>>
>> ***** For Help, the update_against_templates is run right now
>> ***** for all languages — you don't need to trigger it yourself
>>
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
>> Changes in help are mostly alignment of the terms graphic/picture to image.
>> 38 hids did change in the attributes (those are updated automatically)
>>
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
>> Changes in ui are mostly typo-fixes and dialog conversion moves.
>>
>> A lot of numerical IDs have been replaced with more descriptive labels
>> in the context part (i.e. not the actual string, but the comment for
>> it) - so the diff looks huge, but the actual changes to the text
>> itself is much smaller, around 100 strings have been touched.
>>
>> ciao
>> Christian

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for heads up,
>
> I get an connection timeout error for the Update from templates link,
> (I suppose it takes so long that Firefox decides that server would not respond)
>
> After I re-open the https://translations.documentfoundation.org/kk/libo_ui/
> I see that many (6968) of the correct strings are in Needs work state now.
> Is that because of Update from templates failed?

Good day,

Again the Pootle has put translations from another language
as fuzzy translations, after the Update from templates link
finished its work.

See for example
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/kk/libo_ui/translate/#filter=fuzzy&unit=46410474

Could you please fix that?

Thank you very much

Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3 Adolfo Jayme Barrientos-3

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Hi everyone,

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Baurzhan Muftakhidinov
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I get an connection timeout error for the Update from templates link,
> (I suppose it takes so long that Firefox decides that server would not respond)

The same has just happened to me, I also decided to trigger the update
against templates instead of waiting until Monday, and got a timeout
error from Firefox.

> After I re-open the https://translations.documentfoundation.org/kk/libo_ui/
> I see that many (6968) of the correct strings are in Needs work state now.
> Is that because of Update from templates failed?

> Again the Pootle has put translations from another language
> as fuzzy translations, after the Update from templates link
> finished its work.

Indeed, after seeing that thousands of strings in the Spanish libo_ui
folder went fuzzy, I noticed that many strings were replaced with
their correspondent translations in (what I recognize as) Kazakh,
instead of Spanish.

Something wicked has just happened in Pootle’s database! Some of those
Kazakh strings are marked as if I submitted them, with my user name
and timestamp.

Too bad I already started to fix all of those myself, manually
retranslating into Spanish, but what a waste of time. (The good side
of this is that as I’m retranslating, I’m also detecting some errors
I’ve overlooked in previous versions of the Spanish translations).

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Hi *,

As unfortunately triggering the update via webUI still causes the
random-strings-from-other langauges included, I won't propose this in
future anymore....

I'll trigger the update_against_templates for all languages now - for
languages that already did trigger the update in the webui:

You can find a backup of the files before the update_against_templates here:
http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/ui.tar.bz2

I could reset the translations to that for you if you tell me so.

ciao
Christian

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Hi Chritstian,

I restored the state of Kazakh language to ensure it is ok - and it is.

Could you please update Kazakh language against new templates?

Thanks for your help!

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi *,
>
> As unfortunately triggering the update via webUI still causes the
> random-strings-from-other langauges included, I won't propose this in
> future anymore....
>
> I'll trigger the update_against_templates for all languages now - for
> languages that already did trigger the update in the webui:
>
> You can find a backup of the files before the update_against_templates here:
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/ui.tar.bz2
>
> I could reset the translations to that for you if you tell me so.
>
> ciao
> Christian

Mihovil Stanic Mihovil Stanic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Well, I updated manually, but I'm not sure if my strings got messed up.
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hr/libo_ui/

What do I need to search for to see if strings are messed up?

Best regards,
Mihovil

Dana 1.6.2014 23:26, Christian Lohmaier je napisao:

> Hi *,
>
> As unfortunately triggering the update via webUI still causes the
> random-strings-from-other langauges included, I won't propose this in
> future anymore....
>
> I'll trigger the update_against_templates for all languages now - for
> languages that already did trigger the update in the webui:
>
> You can find a backup of the files before the update_against_templates here:
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/ui.tar.bz2
>
> I could reset the translations to that for you if you tell me so.
>
> ciao
> Christian

Baurzhan Muftakhidinov Baurzhan Muftakhidinov

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

Hi,

I don't know the easy way, but what I could think of is:

1) restore message to pre-updated state via archive Chrisian provided and ask
him to run update

2) If you have hunspell for you language available, then using python-polib,
you could extract all translated messages, split them by whitespace/dot/comma,
put them to a set (python object which allows only unique objects to
exist in it),
and run a hunspell check over all words, printing only words which do
not pass the
spell checker.

Thanks,

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM, Mihovil Stanic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Well, I updated manually, but I'm not sure if my strings got messed up.
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hr/libo_ui/
>
> What do I need to search for to see if strings are messed up?
>
> Best regards,
> Mihovil
>
> Dana 1.6.2014 23:26, Christian Lohmaier je napisao:
>
>> Hi *,
>>
>> As unfortunately triggering the update via webUI still causes the
>> random-strings-from-other langauges included, I won't propose this in
>> future anymore....
>>
>> I'll trigger the update_against_templates for all languages now - for
>> languages that already did trigger the update in the webui:
>>
>> You can find a backup of the files before the update_against_templates
>> here:
>> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/ui.tar.bz2
>>
>> I could reset the translations to that for you if you tell me so.
>>
>> ciao
>> Christian

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: [pootle] Templates updated for 4.3 (help and ui)

HI *,

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]
> http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/tmp/pootle_43_2014-05-30/libo_help_2014-05-30.diff.html
> Changes in ui are mostly typo-fixes and dialog conversion moves.
>
> A lot of numerical IDs have been replaced with more descriptive labels
> in the context part (i.e. not the actual string, but the comment for
> it)

Wrote a script and had it process those yesterday - saves
re-translating of around 820 strings (for those who had all those
strings translated already).
(Didn't take strings that were marked as fuzzy into account, so if you
had it translated, but marked as fuzzy, it will appear untranslated.)

I did it before importing the strings to the source for beta2

ciao
Christian