[libreoffice-l10n] "<link= name=>" in help templates

Mikel Pascual - Akaita Mikel Pascual - Akaita

[libreoffice-l10n] "<link= name=>" in help templates

Hi,

I've working in help templates' translation, and I found that this kind of
string is everywhere:

<link href="text/shared/01/04050000.xhp" name="Comment">Comment</link>

What's that "name" parameter about?

I'm guessing that's the same as in html *<a name="Comment">*, but I checked
some other languages and all of them have translated those parameters.
If I'm correct, it would be much easier to keep those names untranslated
(could avoid quite a number of errors and checks).
I'm thinking about leaving those parameters "untranslated". Would there be
any downside about that?

Regards
Mikel

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] "<link= name=>" in help templates

Hi Mikel,

2011/12/21 Mikel Pascual - Akaita <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I've working in help templates' translation, and I found that this kind of
> string is everywhere:
>
> <link href="text/shared/01/04050000.xhp" name="Comment">Comment</link>
>>

> What's that "name" parameter about?

"name" parameter is unused. You do not need to translate it.

Best regards,
Andras

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] "<link= name=>" in help templates

2011/12/21 Mikel Pascual - Akaita <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> I've working in help templates' translation, and I found that this kind of
> string is everywhere:
>
> <link href="text/shared/01/04050000.xhp" name="Comment">Comment</link>
> >

> What's that "name" parameter about?
>

> I'm guessing that's the same as in html *<a name="Comment">*, but I checked
> some other languages and all of them have translated those parameters.
> If I'm correct, it would be much easier to keep those names untranslated
> (could avoid quite a number of errors and checks).
> I'm thinking about leaving those parameters "untranslated". Would there be
> any downside about that?

Well, I´m one of portuguese translators and we don´t translate
name="Comment".

What we do is <link href="text/shared/01/04050000.xhp"
name="Comment">Translated</link> where translated is the portuguese word
for Comment.

Sérgio Marques

Mikel Pascual - Akaita Mikel Pascual - Akaita

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] "<link= name=>" in help templates

Hi,

Oh, so it's unused!
That makes it much easier.

So now that that's clear, the *name *parameter will remain unchanged also
in basque (much simpler and efficient, I think). I'll also review and
unchange the already translated ones, so everything keep been coherent and
creates no confusion to other basque translators.

Great news.

Thanks a lot to both of you.
Regards!
Mikel