* Release Engineering update (Christian)
+ 4.1.5 RC3 status
+ a Calc problem needed RC3
+ Linux & Mac already uploaded, Windows just packinging
+ will be announced for early testing later today,
final announcement delayed to the next week
+ 4.2.1 RC1 status
+ currently building on Windows (almost finished),
+ can be pushed to pre-releases & announced to early-QA today.
+ new-strings, previously un-translated, now marked - but didn't
update them in Pootle - not yet available
+ will be updated today, so 2 weeks until fixing in RC2.
* GSoC update (Cedric)
+ Google review starting / underway
+ please consider what you are able to mentor:
+ https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas + please checkout tasks with only one mentor and add yourself as a backup mentor.
* UX hackfest bits (Kendy)
+ update achievements: Ahmad, Mirek, Tamas, Jacobo, others ... ?
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Hackfest/FOSDEM2014#Achievements + be great to get some a11y fixes in (Jacobo)
+ need more small usability bugs for the next hack-fest to nail (Astron)
+ would have been good to have 50x string change bugs or somesuch.
+ could we file these as easy hacks ? (Michael)
+ perhaps a list like the QA team ? (Astron)
AI: + will try filing a lot of small string changes as easy hacks (Michael)
+ instead, had a number of quite large bugs, of which few were fixed.
* UX update (Astron)
+ Mirek & Astron - been distracted, not a lot happening just now.
+ need to get chats re-started etc.
* new hack-fest proposal (Bjoern)
+ offer of a hack-fest there, end of April
+ somewhat far away, but flights not so expensive ~Eur300 return
+ will enough people go there ? and what date ?
+ initial proposal - Easter weekend but expensive etc.
+ weekend ~problematic ? but Thur/Fri possible; April 24-25th ?
+ do we have budget ? (Michael)
+ yes, developer budget is there (Bjoern)
+ do we find enough (of the right) people to go ?
+ not end of April, would like to go (Stephan)
* HiDPI patches for 4.2.x? (Kendy)
+ LibreOffice does not look good on HiDPI screens at all - close to unusable
+ proposal to merge the HiDPI work to 4.2.x as a late feature
+ I would split the work into 'safe' and 'need real review' parts & push to a branch
+ can I get ESC approval / 3 intedependent reviews for that ?
+ is it a feature or a bug-fix ? (Michael)
+ most of the pieces going in enclosed in an if (hidpi) ...
+ checking that everything in the right if.
+ less safe part is checking / setting that flag; a small VCL piece.
+ Michael / Caolan signed up to review as/when there is a branch.
Querying overall / top bug stats
+ https://bugs.freedesktop.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html +234 -190 (+44 overall)
many thanks to the top bug squashers:
Kohei Yoshida 29
Caolán McNamara 11
Michael Stahl 9
Maxim Monastirsky 7
V Stuart Foote 5
Alex Thurgood 5
Jacques Guilleron 5
Cor Nouws 5
Andras Timar 5