minutes of ESC call ...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Michael Meeks-4 Michael Meeks-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

minutes of ESC call ...

* Present:
    + Thorsten, Stephan, Heiko, Björn, Olivier, Kendy,
      janI, Caolán, Michael S, Jan-Marek, Eike, Sophie,
      Miklos, Xisco, Andras (left 16:25), Christian, Michael M

* Completed Action Items:
    + marked osl::Condition deprecated (Michael)
 
* Pending Action Items:
    + poke at MSDN licenses (Michael)
    + ask Tamás Bunth how he feels about Firebird default (Lionel)
    + move git-dm to gerrit (Norbert)
 
* Release Engineering update (Christian)
    + 5.2.4.1 status (Cloph)
        + tagged, and announced  for early testing
        + RC2 in two weeks
    + 5.3.0 Beta1 & branch
        + Late features:
              + separating images and icons for help modules (Olivier, Bubli)
            + misc. PDF signing / embedding bits (Miklos)
                + most probably finished the next week
            + Firebird by default ? (Lionel)
                => suggest to enable this on master for 5.4
    + 5.3.0 Beta2 the next week (Cloph)
        + bugfixes + update of the translation templates
   
    + Android & iOS Remote (Cloph)
        + tinderbox breakage, fixed
        + preparing a new build based on the branch-off tag -> app-store tomorrow.
        + updated the application icon, and released the new version
    + online (Michael)
        + branched for -5-3
 
* FOSDEM talks
     + https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17/event/new
       https://penta.fosdem.org/user/new_account/FOSDEM17 if you don’t have account yet
     + DEADLINE is Monday!
     + 20 minutes sessions is fine! :-)
     + who is going  ?
         + Xisco: interoperability regression testing
         + Kendy: Something wrt. Online
         + Andras: ???
         + Bjoern: IDE integration (already submitted), SwClient/Modify Horrorshow (possibly)
         + Stephan: Extensions
         + cloph: no topic yet
         + Heiko: Contextual groups Notebookbar
         + Olivier: XHP in your browser
           + caolan: gtk3 and wayland status
           + Eike: ?
         + Thorsten/Bubli/Samuel/Armin: TBD tomorrow
         + Michael: “threading nightmares”

* Documentation (Olivier)
     + important patch from Bubli that need to go in 5.3
         + separating images and icons for help modules
              + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30958/
              + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30959/
         + why not just push it ? (Michael)
                + will mark tons of strings as modified in pootle (Thorsten)
                        + unless we can avoid touching the strings ? (Olivier)
                        + perhaps a script; but script neeeds writing (Sophie)
                + somewhat less motivated to push for 5.3 here (Thorsten)
                        + do we really need this in 5.3 ?
                        + will be screenshots (Olivier)
                        + unlikely help authors will need the screen-shotting for 5-3- (Thorsten)
                => defer and script properly for master; re-visit next week.
                        + Cloph has script templates
                                + but needs examples of the changes to the UI files.
AI: + provide information for cloph on what the change is (Olivier)
      + Several patches into help by Gabor Kelemen,
             + janitoring Math deleted features
      + New chapters of books to be revised
      + Brazilians finished Getting started Guide 5.0, will publish next week
      + So far we have issues with translations;
                templates for PT_br are not up-loaded.
                It is included (Sophie)
 
* UX Update (Heiko)
  + Bugzilla (topicUI) statistics
    257(257) (topicUI) bugs open, 494(494) (needsUXEval) needs to be evaluated by the UXteam
   + Updates:
       BZ changes   1 week   1 month    3 months   12 months  
            added      7(1)     21(5)      65(0)      492(5)  
        commented     54(9)    235(41)    987(51)    2825(64)
          removed      0(0)      1(-1)     26(0)       30(0)  
         resolved      7(7)     16(-23)   112(2)      128(6)  
   + top 10 contributors:
         Heiko Tietze made 55 changes in 1 month, and 525 changes in 1 year
         Yousuf Philips made 14 changes in 1 month, and 408 changes in 1 year
         *UNKNOWN* made 13 changes in 1 month, and 13 changes in 1 year
         *UNKNOWN* made 13 changes in 1 month, and 103 changes in 1 year
         Samuel Mehrbrodt made 10 changes in 1 month, and 47 changes in 1 year
         Rene Engelhard made 10 changes in 1 month, and 10 changes in 1 year
         Tor Lillqvist made 8 changes in 1 month, and 9 changes in 1 year
         *UNKNOWN* made 8 changes in 1 month, and 18 changes in 1 year
         Björn Michaelsen made 7 changes in 1 month, and 26 changes in 1 year
         V Stuart Foote made 6 changes in 1 month, and 198 changes in 1 year
  + hot topics
   + concerns wrt. The new landing page layout for Help
     + happy to improve look & UK (Olivier)
         + if content stays the same, no prblem to improve the look.
   + color palettes
     work in progress
     + patches are applied etc.
     + if you’re against renaming the branding colours comment etc.
     + Kudos – to Stephan
         + for making it possible to have Extensions including Color Palettes
         + to be included into 5-3 via a rather small patch
   + copy/paste numbered lists  with different behavior as Windows
     + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=92672
         + WFM even better
     + different behaviour here; need dev. Input
         + our behaviour is more consistent (Thorsten)
        + outline numbering is a nightmare (Michael)
   + api change
     https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104088
    .uno:InsertPageNumber / .uno:HeaderAndFooter
        + produces the same dialog.
        + easy hack; on-off for page-numbers ?
            + Bubli said it’s not an easy hack (JanI)
        + API change needs discussing in the ESC (JanI)
        + Change UNO command in impress – to insert-page-number
        + Not sure why the change is needed ? (Cloph)
            + easy to find, easy to locate in the menu; don’t change dialog itself.
        + UNO commands not visible to users (Kendy)
            + could break scripts etc.
        + don’t care about UNO commands, but the menu.
        + unclear what the user wants (Kendy)
            + he expects a toggle function (Heiko)
        => come up with a clearer proposal.
   + blog post about versioning
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyndmOMAG2knwKK5lXQMm7pSkdHF7i4rdDYzKI1xemc
     (postponed for next week)
        + do other people like ODF versioning inside ODF ? (Michael)
            + unique feature – confusing to users ? (Miklos)
            + confusing, and hard to explain (Bjoern)
            + unclear if it is worth limiting it if its in ODF ? (Thorsten)
                + horror nested revision control issues (Michael)
                + if we publicise it people will use it & find nasty bugs (Bjoern)
                        + lets get the foundation right first.

* Crashtest update (Caolan)
    + 0 import failure, 32 export failures
      - erack fixed them, no build in progress
    + 20 coverity.
        - no update

* POSS / ODF plugest (Thorsten/Michael)
    + great conference, lovely people, friendly stuff
    + great LibreOffice booth run by local French Community:
         + thanks to all involved with that.
    + the ODF plug-testing UI is interesting (Thorsten)
         + https://beta.opendocumentformat.org/testsets/all/en
AI:      + investigate it for test automation (Xisco)
         + doesn’t need deep technical skills.
    + JOS requested a backend server (Michael S)
         + bit of a pain to setup.

* Hackfests (Bjoern)
    + next venues / suggestions
    + 33c3 CfP open (Bjoern):
              + https://events.ccc.de/2016/09/01/call-for-participation-33rd-chaos-communication-congress-en/
        + FSFE will be there, we can meet up with them.
    + FOSDEM - confirmed dev-room (Michael)
        +     3rd Feb 2017 - board (+MC) meetings.
        + 4th/5th Feb 2017 - core FOSDEM dates
        + 6th/7th Feb 2017 - Hackfest at Beta Coworking.
                  + http://bedfordhotelcongresscentre.com/ suggested instead.
        + CfP going out at some stage.
                        + CfP has been out for a while and ends early December. (jani)
                        + https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/11/04/fosdem-call-for-papers-open-document-editors-devroom/
        + collect talks nearer the event.
 

* mentoring/easyhack update (janI)
  + openhub statistics based on analysis from 2016-11-29
     1598(1598) people did in total: 443675(443675) commits in 8301307(8301307) lines of code
     284(284) people did in 12 month: 15495(15495) commits
   + gerrit/git statistics:
       committer...   1 week     1 month     3 months     12 months    
               open      32(-1)      55(0)       62(3)         62(3)  
            reviews     364(-16)   1252(1)     3497(-83)    17474(29)  
             merged     248(93)     815(73)    2187(89)      8528(158)
          abandoned      12(-2)      46(6)      137(0)        649(12)  
            commits     286(-5)    1318(-44)   3863(-112)   15516(-136)
       contributor...   1 week     1 month     3 months    12 months  
                 open      23(10)      43(9)       46(5)        46(5)  
              reviews     609(172)   1767(196)   4432(189)   17440(315)
               merged      29(-5)     112(8)      353(-3)     1287(-7)
            abandoned       8(6)       16(4)       51(3)       416(-4)
              commits      56(-8)     241(12)     861(-26)    4098(-11)
   + easyHack statistics:
      needsDevEval 18(18)   needsUXEval 4(4)   cleanup_comments 192(192)  
      total 236(236)   assigned 13(13)   open 199(199)  
   + received patches from 1 emails the last month without licesense statement
   + top 5 contributors:
         Gabor Kelemen made 39 patches in 1 month, and 141 patches in 1 year
         Zdenek Crhonek made 21 patches in 1 month, and 301 patches in 1 year
         Bartosz Kosiorek made 15 patches in 1 month, and 26 patches in 1 year
         melike made 7 patches in 1 month, and 14 patches in 1 year
         Lera Goncharuk made 5 patches in 1 month, and 5 patches in 1 year
   + top 5 reviewers:
         jan iversen made 177 review comments in 1 month, and 1668 in 1 year
         Markus Mohrhard made 119 review comments in 1 month, and 1602 in 1 year
         Noel Grandin made 119 review comments in 1 month, and 1210 in 1 year
         Eike Rathke made 110 review comments in 1 month, and 1288 in 1 year
         Caolán McNamara made 82 review comments in 1 month, and 1389 in 1 year
   + big CONGRATULATIONS to contributors who have at least 1 merged patch, since last report:
         Pierre Lepage
         Lera Goncharuk
         Yossi Zahn
         John Paul Adrian Glaubitz

   + gitdm-config, outstanding: git-committer(0), gitdm-aliases(83), git-author(254)
   +  Developer page, getting outdated, do we want that ?
       + 6 new devs; one updated the page.
       + in absence of guidance from Norbert (Michael)
          + worth keeping the page up-to-date, but not treating it as authoritative
          + needed by core devs to check people have statements (Miklos)

* GCC -Og (Michael S)
   + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31334/
      + discovered this new option supported since 4.8 or so.
      + promised that this should not impact debuggability of code
        but still a bit optimized.
      + found a from-scratch build, a tiny-bit slower; 75 vs. 76 minutes.
      + a ‘make check’ incremental runs much faster:
         + 15mins before to 12mins with -Og
   + devs don’t usually re-build from scratch; should be faster in practice.
      + did some debugging yesterday too …
      + it can happen that variables that are no longer live are optimised out
      + otherwise nothing problematic.
   + assume most of the win from calc / templates ? (Michael M)
      + some 30% win there (Michael S)
   + still use explicit options to tell gcc not to inline (Michael S)
      + try removing those ?
   + Googled for it (Jmux)
      + -Og is same as -O1 except for some settings.
   => turn -Og on for a bit and see how it goes.

* Re-organising which rules tests run under (Markus, Michael S, David)
    => punt 1 more week for Markus' return and/or to the list.
    + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31075/
    + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31075/
 
* Commit Access

* Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
    + sleeping 2 weeks.

* Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)
 
* Hardware issues (Michael)
    + Khaled – Windows – hardware on the way to him.
    + Mac -> x5 issue.
    + Swiss Mac – currently idling (Cloph)
        + not sure if we have physical hardware left

* l10n (Sophie)
    + some languages didn’t get updated
        + Christian has triggered a new update today, so the issue should be solved
    + LibreOffice Online pot update in Pootle?
        + will double check if it is really up-to-date or not (Cloph)
    + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104087 
        (templates containing non-english strings) – worth fixing? (cloph)
        + will take a look (Sophie)

* Window::dispose() crashers (Michael)
    + had a poke at the top crash reported traces
        + fixed a proximate cause.
    + at some point Armin looked into a shape issue (Caolan)
        + one type of shape carries a lot of resources around with it
              see fix in e6adb3e8b4de3c0f78d249b83de19b849ef65b59
        + is the existing bug related to that ?
    + EditEngine – creating a new VirtualDevice
        + why do we create tousands of these during save ?
        + back in the day (Thorsten)
              + serious issue on terminal services: even more limited.
        + AI: add GDI object use count to crash reporter (Michael)
        + may be behind missing bitmaps, black windows etc. (Michael, Thorsen)
    + QA tip: checking GDI handle explosions:
        + 10k GDI handles is the limit:
            + https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dsui_team/2013/04/23/debugging-a-gdi-resource-leak/
    + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102688
        + huge numbers of EditEngine created during export
            + each with three 'idle/timers' for spell-checking etc. (huh?)

* QA update (Xisco)
    + UNCONFIRMED: 532 (-5)
        + enhancements: 47 (+7)
        + needsUXEval: 4 (+2)
        + haveBackTrace: 16 (+1)
        + needsDevAdvice: 37 (+3)

    + Finding lots more regressions in PPTX using regression finding tool (Xisco)
        + hence some of the spike this week
        + will take a while to find & fix (Miklos)
 
    + Most Pressing Bugs: http://tdf.io/mostressingbugs
        + Couple of critical firebird regressions.
        + is it going to be default in 5.3 ?
           + unclear – cf. Lionel’s action item
   + macOS: newly created Base files cause crash in mdworker
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104083
        + macOS: libreoffice crash on startup, VCL thread mutex condition
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103690
        + FILEOPEN: DOCX: Chart bars not imported
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103963
        + macOS: CRASH newly created Base files cause crash in mdworker ...
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104083
        + no app-icon regression:
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103626
        + macOS: LO closed then opening any document by double-click never...
                + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77444

    + Mail merge regressions: http://tdf.io/mmregressions
        + 4 open; 4 open last meeting

* QA stats

  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
    +144    -125 (+19 overall)
    many thanks to the top bug squashers:
        Buovjaga              15
        Xisco Faulí           13
        Adolfo Jayme          11
        Julien Nabet           8
        Aron Budea             7
        V Stuart Foote         7
        Telesto                5
        Khaled Hosny           5
        Yousuf Philips (jay)   5
        Alex Thurgood          4
        Luke                   4
        Heiko Tietze           3
        Zolnai Tamás           3
        Justin L               3
        Timur                  3

        + Can we improve these stats ? (Xisco)
          + would love to have people doing QA work (Michael)
              + and also developers who fixed bugs

* Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
        5.2: 2/22   -  9%
        5.1: 2/32   -  6%
        5.0: 3/57   -  5%
        4.4: 5/74   -  6%
        4.3: 4/69   -  5%
        4.2: 6/132  -  4%
        4.1: 4/79   -  5%
        4.0: 5/82   -  6%
        old: 29/247 - 11%

        + http://bit.ly/2dp3mwC

* Bisected bugs open: keyword 'bisected'
    + more accurate - down to a single commit.
    + 303/1087 292/1061 261/1015 261/1003 261/996 259/988 245/891
       + http://bit.ly/2dyIfDy

* Bibisected bugs open: keyword 'bibisected'
    + 378/1618 366/1593 348/1557 350/1545 352/1538 351/1530 345/1516
        + http://bit.ly/2cSCXlS

* all bugs tagged with 'regression'
    + 722(+19) bugs open of 5462(+42) total 14(+5) high prio.

        * ~Component   count net * high severity regressions
                  Base - 4 (+2)
           LibreOffice - 3 (+1)
               Writer  - 2 (+1)
                  Calc - 2 (+0)
      filter / storage - 1 (+1)
               Impress - 1 (+0)
                 Chart - 1 (+0)

                + http://bit.ly/1HWHb3E

                by OS:
                        + All - 6
                        + Mac - 5
                        + Win - 2
                        + Lin - 1

        * ~Component   count net * all regressions
          Writer: other - 125 (-17)
                   Calc - 117 (+1)
                Impress - 66 (+4)
           Writer: docx - 59 (+19)
            LibreOffice - 54 (+1)
                     UI - 38 (+0)
         graphics stack - 36 (-1)
                   Base - 35 (+3)
            Writer: doc - 32 (+6)
                   Draw - 29 (+0)
                Borders - 28 (+1)
                Crashes - 30 (+4)
       filter / storage - 19 (+1)
         Writer: filter - 20 (+3)
                  Chart - 16 (+0)
     print / PDF export - 16 (+0)
                  BASIC - 10 (+0)
           Writer: perf - 11 (+2)
              framework -  3 (+0)
             Extensions -  2 (-1)
           Installation -  1 (+0)
                    sdk -  1 (+0)
         Formula Editor -  1 (+0)
                + http://bit.ly/1BUdI8i
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Xisco Fauli Xisco Fauli
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: minutes of ESC call ...

Hello,

I've just created the event for FOSDEM and now I see it as 'undifined'
in the events section. Is that correct and enough for the event creation?

Regards

El 01/12/16 a les 19:32, Michael Meeks ha escrit:

> * Present:
>      + Thorsten, Stephan, Heiko, Björn, Olivier, Kendy,
>        janI, Caolán, Michael S, Jan-Marek, Eike, Sophie,
>        Miklos, Xisco, Andras (left 16:25), Christian, Michael M
>
> * Completed Action Items:
>      + marked osl::Condition deprecated (Michael)
>  
> * Pending Action Items:
>      + poke at MSDN licenses (Michael)
>      + ask Tamás Bunth how he feels about Firebird default (Lionel)
>      + move git-dm to gerrit (Norbert)
>  
> * Release Engineering update (Christian)
>      + 5.2.4.1 status (Cloph)
>          + tagged, and announced  for early testing
>          + RC2 in two weeks
>      + 5.3.0 Beta1 & branch
>          + Late features:
>      + separating images and icons for help modules (Olivier, Bubli)
>              + misc. PDF signing / embedding bits (Miklos)
>                  + most probably finished the next week
>              + Firebird by default ? (Lionel)
>                  => suggest to enable this on master for 5.4
>      + 5.3.0 Beta2 the next week (Cloph)
>          + bugfixes + update of the translation templates
>      
>      + Android & iOS Remote (Cloph)
>          + tinderbox breakage, fixed
>          + preparing a new build based on the branch-off tag -> app-store tomorrow.
>          + updated the application icon, and released the new version
>      + online (Michael)
> + branched for -5-3
>  
> * FOSDEM talks
>       + https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17/event/new
>         https://penta.fosdem.org/user/new_account/FOSDEM17 if you don’t have account yet
>       + DEADLINE is Monday!
>       + 20 minutes sessions is fine! :-)
>       + who is going  ?
>           + Xisco: interoperability regression testing
>           + Kendy: Something wrt. Online
>           + Andras: ???
>           + Bjoern: IDE integration (already submitted), SwClient/Modify Horrorshow (possibly)
>           + Stephan: Extensions
>           + cloph: no topic yet
>           + Heiko: Contextual groups Notebookbar
>           + Olivier: XHP in your browser
>   + caolan: gtk3 and wayland status
>   + Eike: ?
>           + Thorsten/Bubli/Samuel/Armin: TBD tomorrow
>           + Michael: “threading nightmares”
>
> * Documentation (Olivier)
>       + important patch from Bubli that need to go in 5.3
>           + separating images and icons for help modules
>                + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30958/
>                + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/30959/
>           + why not just push it ? (Michael)
> + will mark tons of strings as modified in pootle (Thorsten)
> + unless we can avoid touching the strings ? (Olivier)
> + perhaps a script; but script neeeds writing (Sophie)
> + somewhat less motivated to push for 5.3 here (Thorsten)
> + do we really need this in 5.3 ?
> + will be screenshots (Olivier)
> + unlikely help authors will need the screen-shotting for 5-3- (Thorsten)
> => defer and script properly for master; re-visit next week.
> + Cloph has script templates
> + but needs examples of the changes to the UI files.
> AI: + provide information for cloph on what the change is (Olivier)
>        + Several patches into help by Gabor Kelemen,
>               + janitoring Math deleted features
>        + New chapters of books to be revised
>        + Brazilians finished Getting started Guide 5.0, will publish next week
>        + So far we have issues with translations;
> templates for PT_br are not up-loaded.
> It is included (Sophie)
>  
> * UX Update (Heiko)
>    + Bugzilla (topicUI) statistics
>      257(257) (topicUI) bugs open, 494(494) (needsUXEval) needs to be evaluated by the UXteam
>     + Updates:
>         BZ changes   1 week   1 month    3 months   12 months
>              added      7(1)     21(5)      65(0)      492(5)
>          commented     54(9)    235(41)    987(51)    2825(64)
>            removed      0(0)      1(-1)     26(0)       30(0)
>           resolved      7(7)     16(-23)   112(2)      128(6)
>     + top 10 contributors:
>           Heiko Tietze made 55 changes in 1 month, and 525 changes in 1 year
>           Yousuf Philips made 14 changes in 1 month, and 408 changes in 1 year
>           *UNKNOWN* made 13 changes in 1 month, and 13 changes in 1 year
>           *UNKNOWN* made 13 changes in 1 month, and 103 changes in 1 year
>           Samuel Mehrbrodt made 10 changes in 1 month, and 47 changes in 1 year
>           Rene Engelhard made 10 changes in 1 month, and 10 changes in 1 year
>           Tor Lillqvist made 8 changes in 1 month, and 9 changes in 1 year
>           *UNKNOWN* made 8 changes in 1 month, and 18 changes in 1 year
>           Björn Michaelsen made 7 changes in 1 month, and 26 changes in 1 year
>           V Stuart Foote made 6 changes in 1 month, and 198 changes in 1 year
>    + hot topics
>     + concerns wrt. The new landing page layout for Help
>       + happy to improve look & UK (Olivier)
>           + if content stays the same, no prblem to improve the look.
>     + color palettes
>       work in progress
>       + patches are applied etc.
>       + if you’re against renaming the branding colours comment etc.
>       + Kudos – to Stephan
>           + for making it possible to have Extensions including Color Palettes
>           + to be included into 5-3 via a rather small patch
>     + copy/paste numbered lists  with different behavior as Windows
>       + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=92672
>           + WFM even better
>       + different behaviour here; need dev. Input
>           + our behaviour is more consistent (Thorsten)
>          + outline numbering is a nightmare (Michael)
>     + api change
>       https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104088
>      .uno:InsertPageNumber / .uno:HeaderAndFooter
>          + produces the same dialog.
>          + easy hack; on-off for page-numbers ?
>              + Bubli said it’s not an easy hack (JanI)
>          + API change needs discussing in the ESC (JanI)
>          + Change UNO command in impress – to insert-page-number
>          + Not sure why the change is needed ? (Cloph)
>              + easy to find, easy to locate in the menu; don’t change dialog itself.
>          + UNO commands not visible to users (Kendy)
>              + could break scripts etc.
>          + don’t care about UNO commands, but the menu.
>          + unclear what the user wants (Kendy)
>              + he expects a toggle function (Heiko)
>          => come up with a clearer proposal.
>     + blog post about versioning
>      https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xyndmOMAG2knwKK5lXQMm7pSkdHF7i4rdDYzKI1xemc
>       (postponed for next week)
>          + do other people like ODF versioning inside ODF ? (Michael)
>              + unique feature – confusing to users ? (Miklos)
>              + confusing, and hard to explain (Bjoern)
>              + unclear if it is worth limiting it if its in ODF ? (Thorsten)
> + horror nested revision control issues (Michael)
> + if we publicise it people will use it & find nasty bugs (Bjoern)
> + lets get the foundation right first.
>
> * Crashtest update (Caolan)
>      + 0 import failure, 32 export failures
>        - erack fixed them, no build in progress
>      + 20 coverity.
> - no update
>
> * POSS / ODF plugest (Thorsten/Michael)
>      + great conference, lovely people, friendly stuff
>      + great LibreOffice booth run by local French Community:
>           + thanks to all involved with that.
>      + the ODF plug-testing UI is interesting (Thorsten)
>           + https://beta.opendocumentformat.org/testsets/all/en
> AI:      + investigate it for test automation (Xisco)
>           + doesn’t need deep technical skills.
>      + JOS requested a backend server (Michael S)
>           + bit of a pain to setup.
>
> * Hackfests (Bjoern)
>      + next venues / suggestions
>      + 33c3 CfP open (Bjoern):
>                + https://events.ccc.de/2016/09/01/call-for-participation-33rd-chaos-communication-congress-en/
>          + FSFE will be there, we can meet up with them.
>      + FOSDEM - confirmed dev-room (Michael)
>          +     3rd Feb 2017 - board (+MC) meetings.
>          + 4th/5th Feb 2017 - core FOSDEM dates
>          + 6th/7th Feb 2017 - Hackfest at Beta Coworking.
>                    + http://bedfordhotelcongresscentre.com/ suggested instead.
>          + CfP going out at some stage.
>                          + CfP has been out for a while and ends early December. (jani)
>                          + https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/11/04/fosdem-call-for-papers-open-document-editors-devroom/
>          + collect talks nearer the event.
>  
>
> * mentoring/easyhack update (janI)
>    + openhub statistics based on analysis from 2016-11-29
>       1598(1598) people did in total: 443675(443675) commits in 8301307(8301307) lines of code
>       284(284) people did in 12 month: 15495(15495) commits
>     + gerrit/git statistics:
>         committer...   1 week     1 month     3 months     12 months
>                 open      32(-1)      55(0)       62(3)         62(3)
>              reviews     364(-16)   1252(1)     3497(-83)    17474(29)
>               merged     248(93)     815(73)    2187(89)      8528(158)
>            abandoned      12(-2)      46(6)      137(0)        649(12)
>              commits     286(-5)    1318(-44)   3863(-112)   15516(-136)
>         contributor...   1 week     1 month     3 months    12 months
>                   open      23(10)      43(9)       46(5)        46(5)
>                reviews     609(172)   1767(196)   4432(189)   17440(315)
>                 merged      29(-5)     112(8)      353(-3)     1287(-7)
>              abandoned       8(6)       16(4)       51(3)       416(-4)
>                commits      56(-8)     241(12)     861(-26)    4098(-11)
>     + easyHack statistics:
>        needsDevEval 18(18)   needsUXEval 4(4)   cleanup_comments 192(192)
>        total 236(236)   assigned 13(13)   open 199(199)
>     + received patches from 1 emails the last month without licesense statement
>     + top 5 contributors:
>           Gabor Kelemen made 39 patches in 1 month, and 141 patches in 1 year
>           Zdenek Crhonek made 21 patches in 1 month, and 301 patches in 1 year
>           Bartosz Kosiorek made 15 patches in 1 month, and 26 patches in 1 year
>           melike made 7 patches in 1 month, and 14 patches in 1 year
>           Lera Goncharuk made 5 patches in 1 month, and 5 patches in 1 year
>     + top 5 reviewers:
>           jan iversen made 177 review comments in 1 month, and 1668 in 1 year
>           Markus Mohrhard made 119 review comments in 1 month, and 1602 in 1 year
>           Noel Grandin made 119 review comments in 1 month, and 1210 in 1 year
>           Eike Rathke made 110 review comments in 1 month, and 1288 in 1 year
>           Caolán McNamara made 82 review comments in 1 month, and 1389 in 1 year
>     + big CONGRATULATIONS to contributors who have at least 1 merged patch, since last report:
>           Pierre Lepage
>           Lera Goncharuk
>           Yossi Zahn
>           John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
>
>     + gitdm-config, outstanding: git-committer(0), gitdm-aliases(83), git-author(254)
>     +  Developer page, getting outdated, do we want that ?
>         + 6 new devs; one updated the page.
>         + in absence of guidance from Norbert (Michael)
>            + worth keeping the page up-to-date, but not treating it as authoritative
>            + needed by core devs to check people have statements (Miklos)
>
> * GCC -Og (Michael S)
>     + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31334/
>        + discovered this new option supported since 4.8 or so.
>        + promised that this should not impact debuggability of code
>          but still a bit optimized.
>        + found a from-scratch build, a tiny-bit slower; 75 vs. 76 minutes.
>        + a ‘make check’ incremental runs much faster:
>           + 15mins before to 12mins with -Og
>     + devs don’t usually re-build from scratch; should be faster in practice.
>        + did some debugging yesterday too …
>        + it can happen that variables that are no longer live are optimised out
>        + otherwise nothing problematic.
>     + assume most of the win from calc / templates ? (Michael M)
>        + some 30% win there (Michael S)
>     + still use explicit options to tell gcc not to inline (Michael S)
>        + try removing those ?
>     + Googled for it (Jmux)
>        + -Og is same as -O1 except for some settings.
>     => turn -Og on for a bit and see how it goes.
>
> * Re-organising which rules tests run under (Markus, Michael S, David)
>      => punt 1 more week for Markus' return and/or to the list.
>      + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31075/
>      + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31075/
>  
> * Commit Access
>
> * Developer Certification (Stephan/Bjoern/Kendy/Thorsten)
>      + sleeping 2 weeks.
>
> * Jenkins / CI update (Norbert)
>  
> * Hardware issues (Michael)
>      + Khaled – Windows – hardware on the way to him.
>      + Mac -> x5 issue.
>      + Swiss Mac – currently idling (Cloph)
>          + not sure if we have physical hardware left
>
> * l10n (Sophie)
>      + some languages didn’t get updated
>          + Christian has triggered a new update today, so the issue should be solved
>      + LibreOffice Online pot update in Pootle?
>          + will double check if it is really up-to-date or not (Cloph)
>      + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104087
> (templates containing non-english strings) – worth fixing? (cloph)
>          + will take a look (Sophie)
>
> * Window::dispose() crashers (Michael)
>      + had a poke at the top crash reported traces
>          + fixed a proximate cause.
>      + at some point Armin looked into a shape issue (Caolan)
>          + one type of shape carries a lot of resources around with it
>                see fix in e6adb3e8b4de3c0f78d249b83de19b849ef65b59
>          + is the existing bug related to that ?
>      + EditEngine – creating a new VirtualDevice
>          + why do we create tousands of these during save ?
>          + back in the day (Thorsten)
>                + serious issue on terminal services: even more limited.
>          + AI: add GDI object use count to crash reporter (Michael)
>          + may be behind missing bitmaps, black windows etc. (Michael, Thorsen)
>      + QA tip: checking GDI handle explosions:
> + 10k GDI handles is the limit:
>    + https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dsui_team/2013/04/23/debugging-a-gdi-resource-leak/
>      + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=102688
>          + huge numbers of EditEngine created during export
>    + each with three 'idle/timers' for spell-checking etc. (huh?)
>
> * QA update (Xisco)
>      + UNCONFIRMED: 532 (-5)
>          + enhancements: 47 (+7)
>          + needsUXEval: 4 (+2)
>          + haveBackTrace: 16 (+1)
>          + needsDevAdvice: 37 (+3)
>
>      + Finding lots more regressions in PPTX using regression finding tool (Xisco)
>          + hence some of the spike this week
>          + will take a while to find & fix (Miklos)
>  
>      + Most Pressing Bugs: http://tdf.io/mostressingbugs
> + Couple of critical firebird regressions.
>          + is it going to be default in 5.3 ?
>             + unclear – cf. Lionel’s action item
>      + macOS: newly created Base files cause crash in mdworker
> + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104083
>          + macOS: libreoffice crash on startup, VCL thread mutex condition
>                  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103690
>          + FILEOPEN: DOCX: Chart bars not imported
>                  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103963
>          + macOS: CRASH newly created Base files cause crash in mdworker ...
>                  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104083
>          + no app-icon regression:
>                  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=103626
>          + macOS: LO closed then opening any document by double-click never...
>                  + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=77444
>
>      + Mail merge regressions: http://tdf.io/mmregressions
>          + 4 open; 4 open last meeting
>
> * QA stats
>
>    + https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/page.cgi?id=weekly-bug-summary.html
>      +144    -125 (+19 overall)
>      many thanks to the top bug squashers:
>          Buovjaga              15
>          Xisco Faulí           13
>          Adolfo Jayme          11
>          Julien Nabet           8
>          Aron Budea             7
>          V Stuart Foote         7
>          Telesto                5
>          Khaled Hosny           5
>          Yousuf Philips (jay)   5
>          Alex Thurgood          4
>          Luke                   4
>          Heiko Tietze           3
>          Zolnai Tamás           3
>          Justin L               3
>          Timur                  3
>
> + Can we improve these stats ? (Xisco)
>            + would love to have people doing QA work (Michael)
>                + and also developers who fixed bugs
>
> * Highest-Priority bugs (aka "MABs"):
>          5.2: 2/22   -  9%
>          5.1: 2/32   -  6%
>          5.0: 3/57   -  5%
>          4.4: 5/74   -  6%
>          4.3: 4/69   -  5%
>          4.2: 6/132  -  4%
>          4.1: 4/79   -  5%
>          4.0: 5/82   -  6%
>          old: 29/247 - 11%
>
>          + http://bit.ly/2dp3mwC
>
> * Bisected bugs open: keyword 'bisected'
>      + more accurate - down to a single commit.
>      + 303/1087 292/1061 261/1015 261/1003 261/996 259/988 245/891
>         + http://bit.ly/2dyIfDy
>
> * Bibisected bugs open: keyword 'bibisected'
>      + 378/1618 366/1593 348/1557 350/1545 352/1538 351/1530 345/1516
>          + http://bit.ly/2cSCXlS
>
> * all bugs tagged with 'regression'
>      + 722(+19) bugs open of 5462(+42) total 14(+5) high prio.
>
>          * ~Component   count net * high severity regressions
>                    Base - 4 (+2)
>             LibreOffice - 3 (+1)
>                 Writer  - 2 (+1)
>                    Calc - 2 (+0)
>        filter / storage - 1 (+1)
>                 Impress - 1 (+0)
>                   Chart - 1 (+0)
>
>                  + http://bit.ly/1HWHb3E
>
> by OS:
> + All - 6
> + Mac - 5
> + Win - 2
> + Lin - 1
>
>          * ~Component   count net * all regressions
>            Writer: other - 125 (-17)
>                     Calc - 117 (+1)
>                  Impress - 66 (+4)
>             Writer: docx - 59 (+19)
>              LibreOffice - 54 (+1)
>                       UI - 38 (+0)
>           graphics stack - 36 (-1)
>                     Base - 35 (+3)
>              Writer: doc - 32 (+6)
>                     Draw - 29 (+0)
>                  Borders - 28 (+1)
>                  Crashes - 30 (+4)
>         filter / storage - 19 (+1)
>           Writer: filter - 20 (+3)
>                    Chart - 16 (+0)
>       print / PDF export - 16 (+0)
>                    BASIC - 10 (+0)
>             Writer: perf - 11 (+2)
>                framework -  3 (+0)
>               Extensions -  2 (-1)
>             Installation -  1 (+0)
>                      sdk -  1 (+0)
>           Formula Editor -  1 (+0)
>                  + http://bit.ly/1BUdI8i
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

--
Xisco Faulí
Libreoffice QA Team
IRC: x1sc0

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Italo Vignoli-4 Italo Vignoli-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: minutes of ESC call ...

On 01/12/2016 22:03, Xisco Fauli wrote:

> I've just created the event for FOSDEM and now I see it as 'undifined'
> in the events section. Is that correct and enough for the event creation?

I will sort the undefined when I create the schedule. What is really
important is to choose the track Open Document Editors, as otherwise it
will be very difficult for meto chase the presentations.

At the moment, there are 5 proposals. I will check tomorrow as well.

--
Italo Vignoli - [hidden email]
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - skype italovignoli
hangout/jabber [hidden email]
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Andras Timar Andras Timar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: minutes of ESC call ...

In reply to this post by Michael Meeks-4


On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 7:32 PM, Michael Meeks <[hidden email]> wrote:
    + LibreOffice Online pot update in Pootle?
        + will double check if it is really up-to-date or not (Cloph)

Not updated, as of now. pot files are 6 weeks old. We also mentioned this on ESC call on 10th Nov. Then you said that you would do the online update after Pootle upgrade.

Regards,
Andras

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: minutes of ESC call ...

In reply to this post by Michael Meeks-4
Hi


Em 01/12/2016 16:32, Michael Meeks escreveu:
>  
> * FOSDEM talks
>      + https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17/event/new
>        https://penta.fosdem.org/user/new_account/FOSDEM17 if you don’t have account yet
>      + DEADLINE is Monday!
>      + 20 minutes sessions is fine! :-)
>    
>          + Olivier: XHP in your browser
>
Done

--
Olivier Hallot
LIbreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-02:00
http://tdf.io/joinus 

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice