* Release Engineering update (Christian)
+ 5.2.5 RC1 schedule acceleration ?
+ fixes for both regressions in 5.2
+ builds done, tagging finished, up-loading underway.
+ should we do an RC1 release as final ?
+ Markus’ patches in the release & sensible (Xisco)
+ concern wrt. rushing things (Thorsten)
+ does waiting one week make sense ? (Xisco)
=> test over the weekend – recide RC2 or release on Tuesday (Xisco)
+ 5.3.0 RC2 update
+ bug in RC1 not being signed; patch from Tor to fix it.
+ would be a blocker for RC2 if we can’t confirm it is fixed.
+ REMINDER: please update with your features ASAP:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/5.3 + Updated Marketing in TDF call (Sophie)
+ Android & iOS Remote (Cloph)
+ new build in the beta channel needing promotion to production.
+ online (Michael)
AI: + remove textwrap patch for 5.3 ? (Thorsten)
* MSDN license situation (Michael)
+ no responses from Microsoft
+ MSDN costs O($1000)/year → for one person.
+ Visual Studio is now free.
+ get Development budget line-item for buying MS / Windows licenses ?
+ not enthusiastic (Norbert)
+ Happy for OS licenses - $100 for VMs (Michael)
+ all CI builds are at 2012 and working (Norbert)
+ expected that legacy MSDN licenses are perpetual anyway (Michael)
=> no urgent action required.
+ want to pin-down the use-cases, instead of “because we used this stuff before” (Bjoern)
=> ask for $1k for Windows licenses.
* Documentation (Olivier)
+ 3 days healing food intoxication, low productivity.
+ Many help page errors fixed after translator noticed.
+ XHP + gerrit very hard/impossible to catch typos, dups, etc..
+ More help pages fixed by Gabor Kelemen (reconnecting UI with HC)
+ Some pages completely rewritten (bad english) (Olivier)
+ Investigating more developments for HC – next-gen.
* Mac development H/W (Thorsten)
+ Sophie working on getting Macs.
+ best if TDF buys them – to have invoice with TDF name on it.
+ high-res 4k screen for Caolan
+ just buy it & get a TDF on the invoice line.
=> put this in the budget: QA team high-res display too (Xisco)
* my screen is 4K (MAC) and I can test on demand. (janI)
* UX Update (Heiko)
+ Bugzilla (topicUI) statistics
252(252) (topicUI) bugs open, 487(487) (needsUXEval) needs to be evaluated by the UXteam
BZ changes 1 week 1 month 3 months 12 months
added 4(2) 13(3) 40(-1) 506(0)
commented 46(-29) 242(-43) 846(-69) 3707(8)
removed 0(-1) 1(0) 9(-4) 34(0)
resolved 5(-8) 30(-2) 99(-5) 160(4)
+ top 10 contributors:
Tietze, Heiko made 128 changes in 1 month, and 1930 changes in 1 year
Foote, V Stuart made 52 changes in 1 month, and 664 changes in 1 year
Buovjaga made 31 changes in 1 month, and 356 changes in 1 year
Cor Nouws made 31 changes in 1 month, and 445 changes in 1 year
Iversen, Jan made 24 changes in 1 month, and 472 changes in 1 year
Zolnai, Tamás made 16 changes in 1 month, and 19 changes in 1 year
tommy27 made 13 changes in 1 month, and 82 changes in 1 year
SchÃ¤fe,r Christoph made 10 changes in 1 month, and 24 changes in 1 year
Philips, Yousuf made 10 changes in 1 month, and 1648 changes in 1 year
Kelemen, Gabor made 9 changes in 1 month, and 13 changes in 1 year
+ talking about Breeze as default icon set on Windows
+ G+ poll reveals ~65% acceptance, but rejected as it’s not a perfect fit
+ area style dialop patch with fix size reverted because of whitespace and
+ now the controls are badly aligned again
+ new issue created as MAB tdf#105259
+ Beluga: can’t be fixed before 5.3
+ asking for help with glade (Heiko)
+ even the simple reverting is risky (Xisco)
+ we need to fix the dialog (Heiko)
+ fixing and testing in one week not possible (Xisco)
=> revert the patch in 5.3 & fix in 5.4.
AI: do the revert and do it in 5.4 (Xisco)
* Crashtest update (Caolan)
+ 2 import failure, 0 export failures
+ 5 coverity issues.
+ Google / ossfuzz
+ ongoing; gone with Markus’ suggestion – fixes linger in gerrit.
+ various bits in 5.2 and 5.3 we’ll wait for
+ recently opened issues were fixed 5 days before last meeting.
+ bug reports include only the stack; not the bug docs which helps
* Hackfests (Bjoern)
+ next venues / suggestions
+ Italian hack-fest coming up: 4 days May 27-30th
+ Perugia University
+ successful students get course credits
+ expect 15+ experienced students.
+ Osvaldo helping out.
+ janI prepares a presentation + handon exercise pr day
+ planning to go if he can (Bjoern)
* mentoring/easyhack update (janI)
+ openhub statistics (2016-11-29), 284(284) people did 15495(15495) commits in 12 month in 8301307(8301307) lines of code
+ gerrit/git statistics:
committer... 1 week 1 month 3 months 12 months
open 49(14) 71(3) 80(-6) 82(-6)
reviews 554(170) 1629(36) 3925(158) 17631(-130)
merged 195(-17) 838(-15) 2585(47) 8984(-25)
abandoned 16(12) 36(7) 130(14) 634(15)
own commits 61(-31) 318(-303) 3314(-402) 17479(-314)
review commits 1(1) 38(-79) 544(-102) 3516(-90)
contributor... 1 week 1 month 3 months 12 months
open 32(0) 57(2) 58(-5) 59(-4)
reviews 523(89) 1699(-60) 4966(21) 17985(-243)
merged 30(-5) 113(-4) 301(-8) 1245(-47)
abandoned 12(10) 39(6) 66(-2) 384(-18)
own commits 1(1) 2(-27) 201(-43) 1199(-67)
+ easyHack statistics:
needsDevEval 22(22) needsUXEval 4(4) cleanup_comments 187(187)
total 227(227) assigned 21(21) open 180(180)
+ top 5 contributors:
Very few commits during my vacation
+ top 5 reviewers:
Iversen, Jan made 208 review comments in 1 month, and 1665 in 1 year
Mohrhard, Markus made 178 review comments in 1 month, and 1788 in 1 year
Timar, Andras made 112 review comments in 1 month, and 432 in 1 year
Rathke, Eike made 110 review comments in 1 month, and 1345 in 1 year
Stahl, Michael made 79 review comments in 1 month, and 1108 in 1 year
+ big CONGRATULATIONS to contributors who have at least 1 merged patch, since last report:
Gairola, Siddhartha [hidden email]
+ gitdm-config in review, daily control active
+ create redmine for VM to new contributors
+ https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2136 + IDE-vs2013 project plan for the italian students (step by step tasks)
+ Request from Osvaldo who got OK from my manager
+ Mentoring Italian students on: Project definition:
“Update the IDE generator (gbuild-to-ide and associated files) for LibreOffice, to provide 1 VS2013 solution:
- view/Edit all source les (c++, c#, lex, yacc, py, NO java)
- be able to build/debug without using command line
- running make or IDE in a module produces the same workdir content
- black listed modules are build using a call to “make <module>” (external build system)
- only one configuration (autogen.input) is tested
- allow use of git in the IDE to submit to gerrit ”
* make 3.81 (Michael S)
+ Debian has a newer make now.
+ can we drop support and require 3.82?
+ 3.81 and 3.82 have different interpretation of pattern rules.
+ hard to ensure that they do the same thing in both versions.
+ would love to drop support for 3.81
+ does anyone need to build 5.4 with an ancient make version.
+ Mac comes with 3.81 (Cloph)
+ but fine with dropping support for it.
+ if people build with lode – they get a current make anyway (Michael S)
+ recommended (JanI)
+ Rene ? (Norbert)
+ he doesn’t believe anyone would want to build 5.4 on Wheezy: (Michael S)
+ people can build gnumake 4.0 on older platforms (Bjoern)
=> drop it for master.
+ why is gerrit failing on 5.3 checkouts ? (Eike)
+ claiming there is a non-fast-fwd modification (Norbert)
+ trying to check / clean everything as we go.
+ patching manually shows no problem; unclear.
+ been fetching / git gc / cleaning everywhere to help.
+ if machines are still failing ask Norbert for help.
+ numbers not great: may be CI issues itself (Norbert)
* l10n (Sophie)
+ going on – as Olivier said, lots of changes in help → fuzzy strings.
+ would love to have more proof-reading before committing of Help.
* QA update (Xisco)
+ Unconfirmed was at 510 this morning, but down again.
> + new issue created as MAB tdf#105259
> + Beluga: can’t be fixed before 5.3
> + asking for help with glade (Heiko)
> + even the simple reverting is risky (Xisco)
> + we need to fix the dialog (Heiko)
> + fixing and testing in one week not possible (Xisco)
> => revert the patch in 5.3 & fix in 5.4.
> AI: do the revert and do it in 5.4 (Xisco)
in yesterday's meeting, we agreed to revert this patch
62a94dcf0c750e335d6ce272d8a5df9813910d5a in 5.3.
However, I've just seen Tomaž submitted two new patches to master
related to this problem: 00db9f51215d11da3b27685a39ec940ecd65e387 and
e6d7d737522124350a17a3cfdee055f03200a274, and according to a comment
written by Buovjaga in tdf#105259, it seems to fix all problem
introduced by 62a94dcf0c750e335d6ce272d8a5df9813910d5a.
So I would to like to ask if any developer can review those new patches
and if they look good, push them to 5.3 instead of reverting
62a94dcf0c750e335d6ce272d8a5df9813910d5a as we agreed yesterday.
El 13/01/17 a les 15:03, Michael Meeks ha escrit:
> * Release Engineering update (Christian)
> + 5.2.5 RC1 schedule acceleration ?
> + fixes for both regressions in 5.2
> + builds done, tagging finished, up-loading underway.
> + should we do an RC1 release as final ?
> + Markus’ patches in the release & sensible (Xisco)
> + concern wrt. rushing things (Thorsten)
> + does waiting one week make sense ? (Xisco)
> => test over the weekend – recide RC2 or release on Tuesday (Xisco)
I haven't heard any concern about crashes in 220.127.116.11 over the weekend so
I believe we can give a go to the final release.