missing dialog option in Win7 install?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

missing dialog option in Win7 install?


I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.

With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".

With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
is missing.

I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last month.

I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO to
print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With that
option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet] printers
are duplexing properly as well.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my Linux
system show it, but my Windows systems do not.

It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?

As I said, I just noticed that check box option missing on my Windows
install.

--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

jmadero jmadero
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

On 01/19/2013 06:43 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

>
> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>
> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>
> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs"
> section is missing.
>
> I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
> versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last
> month.
>
> I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO
> to print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With
> that option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet]
> printers are duplexing properly as well.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
> Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my Linux
> system show it, but my Windows systems do not.
>
> It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?
>
> As I said, I just noticed that check box option missing on my Windows
> install.
>
Try enabling experimental features, I vaguely remember this conversation
before.


Best Regards,
Joel

--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

On 01/19/2013 01:40 PM, Joel Madero wrote:

> On 01/19/2013 06:43 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
>>
>> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
>> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>>
>> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
>> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>>
>> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs"
>> section is missing.
>>
>> I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
>> versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last
>> month.
>>
>> I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO
>> to print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With
>> that option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet]
>> printers are duplexing properly as well.
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
>> Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my
>> Linux system show it, but my Windows systems do not.
>>
>> It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?
>>
>> As I said, I just noticed that check box option missing on my Windows
>> install.
>>
> Try enabling experimental features, I vaguely remember this
> conversation before.
>
>
> Best Regards,
> Joel
>
Experimental features?

Why would it be an experimental feature in one OS version and not in the
other?  I do not have either Windows or Ubuntu versions' experimental
features box checked.   I do not want any experimental feature turned on
either.

All I know it that Ubuntu's 64-bit install has it while Windows [64-bit
Win7] does not have that option.

Yes, there has been threads about duplexing issues before.  All I had to
do was to check that "Use LibreOffice dialogs" for Print dialogs, and it
solved the problem that was not solved since I first bought my Epson
Artisan printer, over 1.5 years ago.  No one, as far as I remember,
talked about this option.  But if it is only in the Linux, or Debian,
installs and the people who were all using Windows, then they would not
have known about the solution.

Now, with a new duplexing Canon inkjet printer, I did not even try
printing without it on the new one.  By-the-way, The Epson Artisan
printer is now "half dead" with its "ink pads near end of life". Would
cost more to replace them than replacing the actual printer.



--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

In reply to this post by krackedpress
On 01/19/2013 06:43 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

>
> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>
> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>
> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
> is missing.
>
> I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
> versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last month.
>
> I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO to
> print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With that
> option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet] printers
> are duplexing properly as well.
>
> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
> Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my Linux
> system show it, but my Windows systems do not.
>
> It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?

Probably for the same reason that you don't have spadmin in Windows
versions... (CUPS etc).

...


--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

On 01/19/2013 06:46 PM, NoOp wrote:

> On 01/19/2013 06:43 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
>> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
>> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>>
>> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
>> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>>
>> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
>> is missing.
>>
>> I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
>> versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last month.
>>
>> I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO to
>> print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With that
>> option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet] printers
>> are duplexing properly as well.
>>
>> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
>> Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my Linux
>> system show it, but my Windows systems do not.
>>
>> It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?
> Probably for the same reason that you don't have spadmin in Windows
> versions... (CUPS etc).
>
> ...

Well there should be no difference with the print dialogs between
versions.  Are you going to use the systems "default" print dialogs or
the package's?  Checking the box does not change the print dialogs used
for LO.  It is always LO's dialogs instead of the one that the other
packages use.  So either way, it uses a different print dialog than the
Ubuntu/Debian default print dialog used by packages like Firefox or GIMP.






--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Luuk Luuk
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

In reply to this post by krackedpress
On 19-01-2013 15:43, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

>
> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>
> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>
> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
> is missing.
>
>

i just upgraded my Windows7 to Libreoffice 3.6.4.3  (from 3.6.1)
This setting did exist in 3.6.1
And it no longer there in 3.6.4.3

Enabling 'experimatal features' does not resolve this.......




--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)
krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

On 01/20/2013 12:13 PM, Luuk wrote:

> On 19-01-2013 15:43, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
>>
>> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
>> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>>
>> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
>> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>>
>> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
>> is missing.
>>
>>
>
> i just upgraded my Windows7 to Libreoffice 3.6.4.3  (from 3.6.1)
> This setting did exist in 3.6.1
> And it no longer there in 3.6.4.3
>
> Enabling 'experimatal features' does not resolve this......

That is the thing, why is it needed for Ubuntu/Debian installs when it
was removed for Windows?
I run Ubuntu 64-bit 12.04 for my main desktop with  Ubuntu 64-bit 12.10
/ 64-bit Win7/pro on my dual boot main laptop.  I also use 32-bit Ubuntu
and WinXP/pro on other desktops and laptops.

Right now all of my systems have 3.6.4 installed.  Next week 3.6.5 is
due to come out.  I may test 4.0.0 on my dual booting laptop when it
comes out.  I tend to use the Ubuntu boot to test out the newest
versions of Ubuntu before it goes onto my desktop [where I am typing  
from, that has 5-TB of storage - maybe more coming in a few months]

I wonder if it will be in the 4.0.0 version.  I needed to check that
print dialog option to get my Epson printer to print duplex pages properly.



--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

In reply to this post by Luuk
On 01/20/2013 09:13 AM, Luuk wrote:

> On 19-01-2013 15:43, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
>>
>> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
>> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>>
>> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
>> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>>
>> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
>> is missing.
>>
>>
>
> i just upgraded my Windows7 to Libreoffice 3.6.4.3  (from 3.6.1)
> This setting did exist in 3.6.1

Yes it was/is: Windows Version 3.6.1.1 (Build ID: 4db6344)
However, it doesn't change from the LO print dialog even if
'experimental' is enabled.

> And it no longer there in 3.6.4.3

Most likely because it didn't do anything (in Windows).

>
> Enabling 'experimatal features' does not resolve this.......
>




--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
NoOp NoOp
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: missing dialog option in Win7 install?

In reply to this post by krackedpress
On 01/20/2013 08:27 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:

> On 01/19/2013 06:46 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On 01/19/2013 06:43 AM, webmaster-Kracked_P_P wrote:
>>> I just noticed a difference in the Tools > Options > LibreOffice >
>>> General "options" in the 3.6.4 versions.
>>>
>>> With my 64-bit Debian install, there is a section for "Print dialogs"
>>> and the option for that is "Use LibreOffice dialogs".
>>>
>>> With my install on Windows 7 professional, that "Print dialogs" section
>>> is missing.
>>>
>>> I do not know if it is missing in my Windows installs for earlier
>>> versions of LO, since I updated all my Windows systems to 3.6.4 last month.
>>>
>>> I know, for Ubuntu, I need to click that check box in order to get LO to
>>> print duplex pages properly for my Epson Artisan 810 printer. With that
>>> option, both my HP Laserjet 2300dn and Canon MG6220 [inkjet] printers
>>> are duplexing properly as well.
>>>
>>> I am running Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit OS with MATE desktop environment and
>>> Win7/pro 64-bit systems[plus Ubuntu 10.04 and Win XP/pro]  So my Linux
>>> system show it, but my Windows systems do not.
>>>
>>> It there a reason that DEB installs need that option and Windows do not?
>> Probably for the same reason that you don't have spadmin in Windows
>> versions... (CUPS etc).
>>
>> ...
>
> Well there should be no difference with the print dialogs between
> versions.  Are you going to use the systems "default" print dialogs or
> the package's?  Checking the box does not change the print dialogs used
> for LO.  It is always LO's dialogs instead of the one that the other
> packages use.  So either way, it uses a different print dialog than the
> Ubuntu/Debian default print dialog used by packages like Firefox or GIMP.

The Ubuntu linux distro supplied version does indeed work.

LibreOffice 3.5.4.
Build ID: 350m1(Build:2)
This product was supplied by The Document Foundation, Debian and Ubuntu.

When unchecked, LO(U) uses the GTK print dialog.

It does not work in the linux LO Versions:
o LibreOffice 3.5.7.2
Build ID: 3215f89-f603614-ab984f2-7348103-1225a5
o 3.6.4.3 (Build ID: 2ef5aff)
o 4.0.0.0.beta2 (Build ID: 4104d660979c57e1160b5135634f732918460a0)
version. (It probable doesn't work in the LODev4 version because there
is no 'Enable experimental (unstable) features'.)

So file a bug report. Or add to an existing one:

<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=LibreOffice&content=use+print+dialog>

<https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=59256>
[Use LibreOffice dialogs option for print dialog is ignored]
(filed 8 days before you started this thread, so quite recent)



--
For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted