multiple column calc sort makes LO quit

Guy Voets Guy Voets

multiple column calc sort makes LO quit

Hello,

LO 5 looks fine and evrything seems to work fine too.

But...
I regularly do a sort on multiple colums (with headers) in Calc: C, G and F.
LO stumbles and quits systematically on this request.

Any ideas?

--
Guy
using LibO 5.0.0.5 on a iMac Intel Core i7 Yosemite 10.10.5

timllloyd timllloyd

Re: multiple column calc sort makes LO quit

Guy,

AAMOI is this an ods file or xls? I just did a really quick test on some
ods files (Fedora 22, LO 5.0.0.5) with no problems. I can dig up some
old and quite big xls files tomorrow.

Cheers

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Guy Voets wrote:
> Hello,
>
> LO 5 looks fine and evrything seems to work fine too.
>
> But...
> I regularly do a sort on multiple colums (with headers) in Calc: C, G and F.
> LO stumbles and quits systematically on this request.
>
> Any ideas?

Someone reported a similar problem with LibreOffice 4.4 a few months ago:
   http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg44387.html

It seemed to be something odd about the particular sheet. Experimenting
a bit, it was possible to sort on a different column, undo, and then
sort on the required column without a crash. Perhaps a similar
workaround might work for you. Saving after doing that might even fix
whatever funny in the document was triggering it (it may be handy to
keep a copy of the problematic version around though, in case it's
useful for investigating the issue; if there's nothing confidential it
could be attached to a bug report.

I suggested filing a bug report, with the problematic document attached
so it could be investigated, but don't know if that was ever done.

Mark.

Guy Voets Guy Voets

Re: multiple column calc sort makes LO quit

Hello again,

I've been testing a bit on a few files, but even the simplest sort on the A
column, with or without column headers, of a small original ods file (15
columns, 50 rows) makes LO quit.

Is it the Mac version? I updated to LO 5.0.1, but the result is the same.
I will try and find time to file a bug report...

Guy
using LibO 5.0.1 on a iMac Intel Core i7 Yosemite 10.10.5
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches

> Guy Voets wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> LO 5 looks fine and evrything seems to work fine too.
>>
>> But...
>> I regularly do a sort on multiple colums (with headers) in Calc: C, G and
>> F.
>> LO stumbles and quits systematically on this request.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Someone reported a similar problem with LibreOffice 4.4 a few months ago:
>   http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/msg44387.html
>
> It seemed to be something odd about the particular sheet. Experimenting a
> bit, it was possible to sort on a different column, undo, and then sort on
> the required column without a crash. Perhaps a similar workaround might
> work for you. Saving after doing that might even fix whatever funny in the
> document was triggering it (it may be handy to keep a copy of the
> problematic version around though, in case it's useful for investigating
> the issue; if there's nothing confidential it could be attached to a bug
> report.
>
> I suggested filing a bug report, with the problematic document attached so
> it could be investigated, but don't know if that was ever done.
>
> Mark.

Guy
using LibO 4.0.3 on a iMac Intel DualCore MountainLion 10.8.3
Dodoes can't afford to have headaches