multiple templates path and group policies

Susanne Mohn Susanne Mohn

multiple templates path and group policies

Hallo !

Is it possible to define multiple templates path in LibreOffice ?

One for personal templates and one for Group templates?

We use Windows 10 and LO 7.

So it would be nice to define it with policies.

Greeting

Susanne

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: multiple templates path and group policies

Yes, it is. But why would you want to do this? Using Control + Shift + N
opens the Templates dialog. There you manage your templates including
moving a template to the template of your choice. You can even create
new categories or delete them. But you are still sure you want to do
this, here is the place where you can do so.

Tools > Options > LibreOffice >Paths >Templates

Dan

On 2/1/21 2:43 AM, Susanne Mohn wrote:

> Hallo !
>

> Is it possible to define multiple templates path in LibreOffice ?
>
> One for personal templates and one for Group templates?
>

> We use Windows 10 and LO 7.
>
> So it would be nice to define it with policies.
>

> Greeting
>
> Susanne

> Susanne Mohn

Susanne Mohn Susanne Mohn

AW: [libreoffice-users] multiple templates path and group policies

Hallo!

Why i wan't to do thsi?
I have my personal templates and in a network folder the templates for the company.
Strg + shift + n open the template manager- but the categories are only from the templates folder in c:\user\appdata \\\templates.
And not from a network folder  G:\company \department etc.

Susanne

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Yes, it is. But why would you want to do this? Using Control + Shift + N opens the Templates dialog. There you manage your templates including moving a template to the template of your choice. You can even create new categories or delete them. But you are still sure you want to do this, here is the place where you can do so.

Tools > Options > LibreOffice >Paths >Templates

Dan

On 2/1/21 2:43 AM, Susanne Mohn wrote:

> Hallo !
>

> Is it possible to define multiple templates path in LibreOffice ?
>
> One for personal templates and one for Group templates?
>

> We use Windows 10 and LO 7.
>
> So it would be nice to define it with policies.
>

> Greeting
>
> Susanne

> Susanne Mohn

Regina Henschel Regina Henschel

Re: multiple templates path and group policies

Hi Susanne,

Susanne Mohn schrieb am 01.02.2021 um 14:00:
> Hallo!
>
> Why i wan't to do thsi?
> I have my personal templates and in a network folder the templates for the company.
> Strg + shift + n open the template manager- but the categories are only from the templates folder in c:\user\appdata \\\templates.
> And not from a network folder  G:\company \department etc.

I would do it in two steps:

First do all the necessary steps locally for a single user. That way you
know the needed folder structure and what steps are needed in the UI.
You can see in registrymodifications.xcu of that user which entries are
generated.

Second you use an ADMX file to change the registry.
https://conference.libreoffice.org/assets/Conference/Brno/atimar.pdf
https://www.collaboraoffice.com/community-en/new-group-policy-template/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=13&v=sGQotOXEx9o&feature=youtu.be
Please have a look at the video. It gives a good overview, what is
possible. The ADMX example file is available from
https://github.com/CollaboraOnline/ADMX

I can only help you in the first step.
Let consider the following tree
myoffice (folder)
     autotext (folder)
     mytemplates (folder)
        Susanne (folder)
            myCalcMap.ots (file)
            myDinA6.otw (file)
        presnt (folder)
            my24x16.otp (file)
        DinA5quer.otg (file)
     workbook (folder)

Go to Options > LibreOffice > Paths > Templates and click Edit... button.
In Add... you add the folder 'mytemplates'. Restart LibreOffice!

Now click on Templates. You should see the files "myCalcMap", "myDinA6"
and "my24x16" among all the templates which come from the "share" folder
in the starting window.

Now open the Template Manager and look into the category-dropdown. You
should see a category "Susanne" but no category "presnt". The files in
"presnt" are shown together with the files from "share" in the category
"Presentation". "presnt" is the file identifier for what is called
"Presentation" in the UI. Look into share/templates how the folders of
the existing categories are named.

Now open the category "My Templates". You should see "DinA5quer". In "My
Templates" you will find all files, which are directly contained in the
folder you have added. Here are all such files collected. If you add
another folder in Paths > Templates, files from there are listed here too.
The Template Manager collects files from different sources in a category.

If you have a structure
mytemplates (folder)
        Susanne (folder)
            Tabellen (folder)
            myCalcMap.ots (file)
            Texte (folder)
                 myDinA6.otw (file)

you will neither get "myCalcMap" nor "myDinA6" in the Template Manager,
because only first sublevel folders of the added path "mytemplates" are
used.

Perhaps you try it again and note every single step, which you do. And
if you still do not get the templates from the network folder, then post
your steps and the folder structure. Perhaps we can then see what goes
wrong.

Kind regards
Regina