need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

krackedpress krackedpress

need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

Please help this long term user, and a local promoter, [since the
beginning] of LO.

I really need help on a presentation video[s].  I had an idiot give me a
1.9 gig 3.5 hour video file instead of several files.  The video
presentation had several different subject included and was to go into 2
or 3 DVDs, but now that single file is the only available files, this
video is almost 2 times the limit of the DVD format. So, I need to get
the single file into several MP4 files like I was asking for.

What I need is a real easy, and fast, video file splitter for Ubuntu.
The Windows splitter I used a few years ago is no longer supported since
I upgraded that PC from Win 7 to Win 10.  I get nothing but runtime
errors when I try to run the old package on any of my Win10 systems.

So do any one on this list could help me find the package I need on
Ubuntu 16.04 [64-bit].

My email for the list is "[hidden email]", but it would be
nice to have any helpful emails go to "[hidden email]".
Either address would be OK.

Tim Lungstrom - - - Elmira, New York, USA

John Greenstreet John Greenstreet

re: need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

Hi Tim,

You might try the freeware Video File Converter
<http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/> which can cut your original
video and convert it to one of many video formats. *I wouldn't accept the
defaults when installing it to avoid additional programs that may contain
malware.*

Using it you should be able to create two new videos from the original.

*- John*

[image: Inline image 1]

John Greenstreet

Delray, West Virginia

  *On Facebook*:

  http://facebook.com/jagreenstreet

   *On Skype*:
   john.greenstreet5

*  You Tube** videos*:

  http://www.youtube.com/user/jgreenst1409

Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and
confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message
is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it
from your computer. Thank you.

John Greenstreet

On Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 11:10 PM, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please help this long term user, and a local promoter, [since the
> beginning] of LO.
>
> I really need help on a presentation video[s].  I had an idiot give me a
> 1.9 gig 3.5 hour video file instead of several files.  The video
> presentation had several different subject included and was to go into 2 or
> 3 DVDs, but now that single file is the only available files, this video is
> almost 2 times the limit of the DVD format. So, I need to get the single
> file into several MP4 files like I was asking for.
>
> What I need is a real easy, and fast, video file splitter for Ubuntu. The
> Windows splitter I used a few years ago is no longer supported since I
> upgraded that PC from Win 7 to Win 10.  I get nothing but runtime errors
> when I try to run the old package on any of my Win10 systems.
>
> So do any one on this list could help me find the package I need on Ubuntu
> 16.04 [64-bit].
>
> My email for the list is "[hidden email]", but it would be
> nice to have any helpful emails go to "[hidden email]".
> Either address would be OK.
>
> Tim Lungstrom - - - Elmira, New York, USA

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

Hello Tim,

Have you given OpenShot a try?

Best,
Charles.

Le 24 octobre 2016 05:10:41 GMT+02:00, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>Please help this long term user, and a local promoter, [since the
>beginning] of LO.
>
>I really need help on a presentation video[s].  I had an idiot give me
>1.9 gig 3.5 hour video file instead of several files.  The video
>presentation had several different subject included and was to go into
>2
>or 3 DVDs, but now that single file is the only available files, this
>video is almost 2 times the limit of the DVD format. So, I need to get
>the single file into several MP4 files like I was asking for.
>
>What I need is a real easy, and fast, video file splitter for Ubuntu.
>The Windows splitter I used a few years ago is no longer supported
>since
>I upgraded that PC from Win 7 to Win 10.  I get nothing but runtime
>errors when I try to run the old package on any of my Win10 systems.
>
>So do any one on this list could help me find the package I need on
>Ubuntu 16.04 [64-bit].
>
>My email for the list is "[hidden email]", but it would be
>nice to have any helpful emails go to "[hidden email]".
>Either address would be OK.
>
>Tim Lungstrom - - - Elmira, New York, USA
>

>--
>deleted

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

pitivi has been refreshed recently

[hidden email]> a écrit :

> >Please help this long term user, and a local promoter, [since the
> >beginning] of LO.
> >
> >I really need help on a presentation video[s].  I had an idiot give me
> >1.9 gig 3.5 hour video file instead of several files.  The video
> >presentation had several different subject included and was to go into
> >2
> >or 3 DVDs, but now that single file is the only available files, this
> >video is almost 2 times the limit of the DVD format. So, I need to get
> >the single file into several MP4 files like I was asking for.
> >
> >What I need is a real easy, and fast, video file splitter for Ubuntu.
> >The Windows splitter I used a few years ago is no longer supported
> >since
> >I upgraded that PC from Win 7 to Win 10.  I get nothing but runtime
> >errors when I try to run the old package on any of my Win10 systems.
> >
> >So do any one on this list could help me find the package I need on
> >Ubuntu 16.04 [64-bit].
> >
> >My email for the list is "[hidden email]", but it would be
> >nice to have any helpful emails go to "[hidden email]".
> >Either address would be OK.
> >
> >Tim Lungstrom - - - Elmira, New York, USA
> >

> >--
> >All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> >deleted
>
> --
> Envoyé de mon appareil Android avec K-9 Mail. Veuillez excuser ma
brièveté.
deleted

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: need help off this list - need Linux package choice help

Never heard of it.  Installed now.
Same with Pitivi.

Will test them out soon.