new warning messages on console since some days + strange behaviour

julien2412 julien2412

new warning messages on console since some days + strange behaviour

Hello,

On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today (16c2b60fc10b5fdfd36df64f8fca50b95d81871b + make clean) and since some days, I've got these kind of messages on console (just on launching Calc):
** (soffice:4035): CRITICAL **: GdkPixbuf* bitmapToPixbuf(SalBitmap*, SalBitmap*): assertion 'pBitmap->mnBitCount == 24' failed
(soffice:4035): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_style_context_set_path: assertion 'priv->widget == NULL' failed
(soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-popup-delay is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
(soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:244: SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: is inside ! avoid deeper clip ...
warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:235: SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: denegerate case detected ...

I've got strange things too:
- interface is somehow changed (font is more thin as if I had changed theme or font size), sorry I know it's not precise.
- menu Data/Pivot Table only shows "Refresh" and "Delete", not "Create"
First element has also been there since some days, the other one, I don't know.
I tried to disable Graphic acceleration but it's the same.

I don't know if everything is linked but it seems quite a mess here and before creating a bugtracker, wanted to have your opinion first.

Julien
Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

Re: new warning messages on console since some days + strange behaviour

On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 13:26 -0700, julien2412 wrote:
> I don't know if everything is linked but it seems quite a mess here and
> before creating a bugtracker, wanted to have your opinion first.

Another odd thing in the dbgutil bibisect version 2015-06-22: Upon the
initial display of an application in a maximized LibreOffice window,
the application fills only part of the maximized window.  If you
unmaximize the window and maximize it again, the application fills the
whole window.

I have not searched bugzilla to see if this has been reported already.

Terry.

Tomaž Vajngerl Tomaž Vajngerl

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 5:26 AM, julien2412 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today
> (16c2b60fc10b5fdfd36df64f8fca50b95d81871b + make clean) and since some days,
> I've got these kind of messages on console (just on launching Calc):
> ** (soffice:4035): CRITICAL **: GdkPixbuf* bitmapToPixbuf(SalBitmap*,
> SalBitmap*): assertion 'pBitmap->mnBitCount == 24' failed
> (soffice:4035): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_style_context_set_path: assertion
> 'priv->widget == NULL' failed
> (soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
> GtkSettings:gtk-menu-popup-delay is deprecated and shouldn't be used
> anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
> (soffice:4035): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: The property
> GtkSettings:gtk-menu-images is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It
> will be removed in a future version.
> warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:244:
> SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: is inside ! avoid deeper clip ...
> warn:vcl.headless:4035:1:vcl/unx/gtk3/gdi/../../../headless/svpgdi.cxx:235:
> SvpSalGraphics::isClippedSetup: denegerate case detected ...
>
> I've got strange things too:
> - interface is somehow changed (font is more thin as if I had changed theme
> or font size), sorry I know it's not precise.
> - menu Data/Pivot Table only shows "Refresh" and "Delete", not "Create"
> First element has also been there since some days, the other one, I don't
> know.
> I tried to disable Graphic acceleration but it's the same.
>
> I don't know if everything is linked but it seems quite a mess here and
> before creating a bugtracker, wanted to have your opinion first.
>
> Julien

On master we switched to use gtk3 over gtk2 by default, which is a
quite different beast in LO (vcl doesn't draw using X11, instead it
uses the headless renderer) and is not yet polished (the warnings) -
but this needed to happen sooner or later.

You can set the environment variable "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk" or start LO with
"SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk ./soffice" to get the old gtk2 interface back
or alternatively suppress gtk3 when building LO (I didn't look how,
but it should be possible).

Regards, Tomaž
julien2412 julien2412

[SOLVED] Re: new warning messages on console since some days + strange behaviour

On 23/06/2015 03:35, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 5:26 AM, julien2412 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On master we switched to use gtk3 over gtk2 by default, which is a
> quite different beast in LO (vcl doesn't draw using X11, instead it
> uses the headless renderer) and is not yet polished (the warnings) -
> but this needed to happen sooner or later.
>
> You can set the environment variable "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk" or start LO with
> "SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk ./soffice" to get the old gtk2 interface back
> or alternatively suppress gtk3 when building LO (I didn't look how,
> but it should be possible).

Thank you Tomaž, it works better indeed with this option!
No pb for gtk3, I can understand it needs polishing since it's a brand
new "enabled by default" option.
Now I've just got the pb of the pivot table but that's another story.

Julien